The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormwind's Royal Hussars
[Image: stormwind_cuirassiers___larger_hq_versio...5w68dc.png]

"Tis' easy to bear arms and armor and carry out acts deemed necessary by your betters. The narrow path of bearing them only for the right and the good, however, is seldom followed. War upon us, the path grows narrower still. Fathers, sons, mothers and daughters stand beneath banners torn, their blood sought by those who will stop at nothing to dominate this world.

We are our king's hand in this time of darkness, bound to his will and tempered by his mercy. Guided by the Light's virtues three, our charge is clear; protect the innocent and exact just retribution upon those who would threaten our mighty people. We are the next generation of heroes. Let us stride in our forefathers' footsteps."

"Mark my words: Elwynn nearly perished under the rule of Lady Prestor. Westbrook was plagued by gnolls, peasents are hunted by wolves in the East, and the Defias have corrupted the far reaches of Westfall and continue to rebel against our King. With this oath, I pledge to put forth my Cavaliers and my footmen to cleanse and protect our land from being plagued further of such filth."

Knight-Champion Kristoff Aegilmar has come out of a reclusive state with vigor in his heart and a proud stature to assist. His 'Hussars' are knighted heroes of Eastridge who are here to re-conquer the King's land and cleanse it of filth. Men and Women will join the ranks of the Hussars with intention of being knighted as an individual of Eastridge and become another in the legend of the Hussars of Eastridge.

-----------Summary--------------------

This guild is a military regiment with the intention of mustering able men and women to come and finally rid the land of Elwynn of thieves, traitors, gnolls, and beasts. Hussars are meant to be light mean wearing little to no armor armed with a saber and a carbine. However, I've decided to take a turn towards the Polish aspect of Winged Hussars.

This is a military regiment, but I assure you that every rank is very much possible to achieve with hard work and a little elbow grease on your part. (Even above Corporal and beyond!)

And to clarify: The guild is going to start off like some sort of Homeguard that goes around getting rid of the threat at home, right? Well.. that doesn't stop it from deploying in other lands and helping His Majesty stop the Horde!

-----------Ranks---------------------

Knight-Champion
The commander of the regiment, filled by Earl Kristoff Aegilmar.

Knight-Captain
The Second-In-Command of the Hussars and the right hand wo-man of Kristoff. Filled by Xinda Anderson.

Knight-Lieutenant
Third-In-Command of the Hussars. A maximum of two are permitted within the regiment. (Open.)

Cornet
An NCO above Sergeant with the ability to command troopers and give orders to the Sergeants as well. It acts as the Master-Sergeant of the regiment. (Open.)

Sergeant
The highest NCO of the formation. Able to lead drills, patrols, inspections, and more complex orders than others.

Corporal of Horse
The lowest NCO of the formation. His only authority over the troop is the fact that under a Sergeant's permission, he is able to lead patrols and drills to improve his worth.

Lance-Corporal of Horse
The best of the best ranker. Earned through merit and discipline, they are the representatives of the Hussars.

Horseman
Fresh-faced recruits of the regiment. They are expected to train hard and keep their strength both on and off the horse well-kept.

Attendant
The out-of-combat ranks and squires.

---------Rules----------

IC
The regiment is treated as a military like any other. It is expected out of the members to carry maturity for themselves, discipline for officers, and respect for their peers around them.

Uniform is at all times required, there is no 'flashy weapons' or 'who has a bigger gun' contest in the regiment. You are a similar rank-and-file, while at times boring, but necessary.

You must, at all times, obey commands given by the Non-Commissioned Officers and Officer Corps. (Sergeants+)

OOC
Simple; follow the server rules. If you have a problem with a member, bring it up with an officer and the officer will report it to a GM. (if it's that bad)

In-fighting, deserting, and AWOL is not tolerated at all

------------Recruitment-------------

Simple and easy, send me a PM ingame or on the forums. You can also post away on this forum as well. The requriements are:

-loyalty to Stormwind and Alliance at all times
-have faith in the Church of the Light and its holdings
-ability to follow and execute commands given
-remain vigilant with our enemies who surround us
Two little questions:

1: Is female recruitment allowed?

2: Conscription, yay or nay? lol nay, as in horses, nymis u so funney
I thought about that long and hard, and I'm going to say yes. Simply because
1) Not everyone wants to play a male character (because tbh the male humans aren't pretty) and
2) If you are male, I'd strongly advise facial hair. Because, Hussars.

and... maaaaybe. I'm not sure if we're allowed to do that.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
Sweet! And by Conscription, I mean allowing people of... less than stellar intelligence but respectable horsemanship (or horsewomanship :D ) in.
While it's probably better to have people with a few years of education, I suppose that it wouldn't hurt considering that many soldiers back in the day weren't the sharpest tool in the box.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Guys, stop horsing around! I'mma saddle up a toon for this. We should have a rule against long faces though.

.. Okay I'll stop now before people end up hoofin' it.
Don't be such a neigh-sayer, Psychyn.

And Altaine, I'd love to make a character for this to help support your stable growth.

Do you have a particular uniform decided yet?
Yep. Still working on a leather set and (possibly) a cloth set for magic users and/or Chaplains.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

(10-15-2013, 05:08 AM)Knock Wrote: support stable growth

No.
>:(

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Bump

(:O how amazing!)

Bump

(:O how amazing!)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I have an established Hussar character, Etienne. In real life Hussars were known for their ornate, very precise style of dress. I've constructed a 'uniform' in game, I'll get around to posting the particulars later when I'm no longer busy being lazy. I've conducted a lot of research into the Napoleonic wars and the era leading up to them, having been an officer in a reenactment lancer regiment.

Historically Hussars had a standardized uniform, enforced by regimental command. Men would often pay for this uniform out of their own pocket, almost all cavlarymen coming from a higher class than the standard mud-stompers. As far as the 'European pattern' hussars were concerned, (not the Hungarian bandits who originally inspired the concept) command was quite diplomatic. Although most Hussar regiments were in the service of a given country, they fought mostly for their own glory. Napoleon himself was once quoted stating he'd be surprised for a Hussar to live beyond 30, due to their impetuous nature.

He did have a good point, though, many Hussars would break orders and charge headlong into battle. In most armies, Hussars universally wore mustaches, in the British army only the Hussars (converted from 4 regiments of light dragoons) were allowed to wear them. Beards were uncommon, and usually highly styled when present. Among the many traditions inspired by the Hussar was sabrage, or opening a bottle with a sabre, as well as as the sabretache (a waist pouch) Eventually, as tales of daring Hussars crept back from the front lines, the distinct Hussar style took off with the civilian population, particularly women who would seek young Hussars at suitors. The Hussar's jacket was the ultimate prize and women, to show their courtship, would often wear a Hussar's jacket over their dresses.

Anyway. That's my rant. I think Hussars have an amazing series of traditions and I'm happy to see them being represented in game.
[Image: tle2012sportsliridontar.gif]
(10-17-2013, 01:09 PM)landashua Wrote: I have an established Hussar character, Etienne. In real life Hussars were known for their ornate, very precise style of dress. I've constructed a 'uniform' in game, I'll get around to posting the particulars later when I'm no longer busy being lazy. I've conducted a lot of research into the Napoleonic wars and the era leading up to them, having been an officer in a reenactment lancer regiment.

Historically Hussars had a standardized uniform, enforced by regimental command. Men would often pay for this uniform out of their own pocket, almost all cavlarymen coming from a higher class than the standard mud-stompers. As far as the 'European pattern' hussars were concerned, (not the Hungarian bandits who originally inspired the concept) command was quite diplomatic. Although most Hussar regiments were in the service of a given country, they fought mostly for their own glory. Napoleon himself was once quoted stating he'd be surprised for a Hussar to live beyond 30, due to their impetuous nature.

He did have a good point, though, many Hussars would break orders and charge headlong into battle. In most armies, Hussars universally wore mustaches, in the British army only the Hussars (converted from 4 regiments of light dragoons) were allowed to wear them. Beards were uncommon, and usually highly styled when present. Among the many traditions inspired by the Hussar was sabrage, or opening a bottle with a sabre, as well as as the sabretache (a waist pouch) Eventually, as tales of daring Hussars crept back from the front lines, the distinct Hussar style took off with the civilian population, particularly women who would seek young Hussars at suitors. The Hussar's jacket was the ultimate prize and women, to show their courtship, would often wear a Hussar's jacket over their dresses.

Anyway. That's my rant. I think Hussars have an amazing series of traditions and I'm happy to see them being represented in game.

I think that Hussars are amazing as well, but I've toned down on a lot of things to try and get the Hussars up and running first. If I could see the uniform in-game it'd be most appreciated. :)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Bump, we've had some reforms and I'm hammering out details for the NEW Hussars!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
snip
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Is this guild still active?
(01-04-2015, 09:41 AM)Gunnash Wrote: Is this guild still active?

No, but if you wanted to make a character based around this concept, PM me.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Stormwind Army Thoradin 29 11,922 01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Residents Of Stormwind Traid 2 989 01-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jester