The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stromgarde?
Hi,

I was wondering, well :D it's a random idea I got in mind. Stromgarde is held artly by Syndicate and Ogres, but wouldn't it be possible to open it up for RP? Like, OOCly removing the mobs / pushing them aside, and ICly..making a Syndicate-allied faction, and a loyalist one? (Ogres are KoS i think, even more than the Syndicates)

It's just an idea I had to make use of the place. Maybe there could be a battle or something. Im usually not very much into custom lore but, yea, the ages are already all screwed up, so I'm pretty sure this would be nothing.

Besides, in Cataclysm and apparently MoP, nothing really changes if maybe a change in leadership with the main leader becoming Forsaken or something.

Soo just a thought. :D :D and ponies. Beer
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
They say that those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

In this context, I find this rather amusing.

A number of years back, CotH had a massive Stromgarde storyline which included the eventual clearing of the city for RP use.

From what I was told, the storyline itself was rather fun, but you know what happened to the area once it was cleaned out of mobs?

Rp around the reclaimed citiy lasted roughly a week before everyone jumped ship for other areas, leaving the city a deserted ruin.

While I don't want to belittle your idea, I can only think that the similar would occur.
Kril speaks the truth, we had an epic storyline about just that maybe....2 years ago. While it was the best event line I ever witnissed, it died out pretty soon after it was concluded, although there were several other things that contributed: The absence of leader Tales, who organized stuff..And other epic events. Nowadays we don't have stuff like this. And you can count on me to participate would to reattempt to create one.
To be honest the previous run of Stromgarde was one of the biggest contributing factors towards my not doing the neutral hubs; just too much past experience to forget, heh.
However, I think our current lack of....ambition..is kind of killing the epic rp here. While Stromgarde certainly didn't last forever...it still was epic for it's duration. Whereas now....nothing of note is happening.
Well, you know.. what's the matter with being "just for a storyline"? Most guilds that were here when I joined are all but forgotten, and when you look at my join date you can deduce NOT SO MUCH time has passed. :3

I wouldn't ask for people to work so much as to rebuild the city, but why not clearing the mobs and doing such a thing again? :D if youre thinking about the after time, why not making two guilds take control of the city (Loyalist / other shady house) and carry on? (besides, it'd be easy to retcon if you really wanna retcon, the fight is ALREADY loyalists vs. shady guild (and ogres))
Allons-y!

Because there just aren't enough players that are up to keep playing onto just one 'storyline'. Plus the people we do have have a lot of characters that, themselves, are into a lot of stuff already.
And most are blood elves. /snicker
We do have a Kingdom of Strom guild, which has more of a focus on the survival of what is left of Stromgard operating out in Arathi. It's P. coo.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
And is that guild active?
Allons-y!

From what I seen, not really, and it wasn't the first time someone tried it too (The Northern Alliance was another concerning Stromgarde). I've seen in both instances these guilds relied on many branches (as in partnering guilds) and were projects bigger than what the player base could handle. The player who also started them would also tend to go absent or drop the project.
Kingdom of Strom had an event a few weeks ago, and then mentioned it would have a hiatus for a short while because the guild leader had to go somewhere. I'm guessing it'll come back, eventually.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Yeah. I remember Stromgarde as if it was yesterday. Wow... that makes me sound so old.

And yes. To repeat others: one of the main reasons it didn't work out is because of Tales going absent and the guild that he ran also pretty much falling apart with the co-leader quitting and a few others, pretty much leaving me (as Diandra) the only memeber of it. After that it was downhill and abandon ship for everyone else involved.

However, don't let this turn you down from some sort of grand RP event. Even though the attendance of people these days is low because they're becomign too snobbish and hipster about some events I never turn down a chance to take part in an event if I am not RPing and one of my characters could possibly be there from a logical perspective. That in mind don't make it too grand, because as already mentioned above - the playerbase won't handle it (not only because of the amount of players, but also because of general lack of interest for anything these days apart from generic STV tea-time).
(12-02-2011, 10:19 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: From what I seen, not really, and it wasn't the first time someone tried it too (The Northern Alliance was another concerning Stromgarde). I've seen in both instances these guilds relied on many branches (as in partnering guilds) and were projects bigger than what the player base could handle. The player who also started them would also tend to go absent or drop the project.

Wuvvums, I started the Northern Alliance for more than just Strom, and I did so with a group of other players, we did not manage to coordinate properly, and I had to drop the project as family matters arose.
And with the kingdom of strom, I am having issues with my father and his house being foreclosed, my step father coming out of basic, my grandfather hospitalized and I am actually taking time to stop hiding in my depression and actually am dealing with a girl I really am close too. I do not have a lot of time to spend on a large project right now, especially projects like strom that require waaaaaay too much GM hoops to pull off without having yourself castrated.

The whole idea of event lines based in Arathi is plausible, however you would need to find a way to tie your project to the Alliance as a whole, as I was going to do with the Kingdom of Strom. I am sorry if it did not seem if I were going to fulfill a promise with this project. If I end up ever coming back to any extended time on CotH I probably will take up a project again that is more independent of others trying to work with me. (Lets face it, I do not work well with most people, including most of the GM team, not because I do not like them, but just because I tend to get caught up in my own work and leave them out anyway).

In the future, feel free to say my name when speaking of me, I hold no shame in my capabilities as a guild leader and event organizer, but just because I have been unlucky enough to have other problems arise in the wake of larger projects does not mean I never wanted to continue them with say, more distinction.

-
And as a note to the idea of a Stromgardian Project, as I said before, you would need to relate your idea moreso to the Alliance as a whole, or you will drown from inactivity. Attempt to find a way to not only do things in the Arathor area, but have a logical reason to have activity across Alliance territories. You cannot make the mistake that is, "WE MUST ONLY BE IN ARATHI AND BE IN ONLY STROM", you are members of the Alliance, remember that.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
@Aisha: Really big events and story lines seem to fall apart because they are overly reliant on one person. It sounds like in this case it was Tales. I've also heard of some big things like Gnomeregan falling apart because certain people couldn't pull through with it, which was a shame.

There are some complaints that we are hesitant to try big things but it seems the bigger projects require some time and devotion and sometimes players are fickle and interests shift. I also think some people are not devoted to the idea of doing an event unless it has some material impact like taking over a region or starting a new city (I think that's been one of the reasons cited as to why Rigley's war and conquest rp of certain regions held little interest. Factional conflict didn't grab people's interest as much as the thought of taking over and starting a place). If you really want to try and run a whole story line or just simply have rp based out of the region you're free to try but I would find a partner or something so it's not hinged on one or two people.

As mentioned the idea of taking a region interests people so if you could somehow promise Strom becomes a place in the end then you may get a lot of interest but that is ultimately Kretol's decision. I think I would be far more interested in people just fighting for Strom without some actual change coming from the area, like an ongoing struggle. If it's ongoing then you wouldn't have a point where it's like "Okay, Strom belongs to us, now we can go back to our other rps" and just forget about it.
Not to mention recapturing -has- to succeed. I've had the idea of forming a crusade under a slightly deranged and overzealous paladin that aimed to recapture Stratholme and eventually, and bitter fighting against the undead from street to street, barricades everywhere 'n stuff, eventually to come to the conclusion it cannot be done. Failure does make for epic storylines.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stromgarde is officially open! Tales23 6 1,208 07-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Diethe
  Housing in Stromgarde. Tales23 0 638 07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Tales23
  A Stromgarde Advertisement for Tales Secrettom 12 2,453 05-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Vrahn