The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Super-Timeline?
I've been thinking, while my computer attempts a repair on WoW (it's taken 2 days and it's only on 2 of 17... I may just reinstall and save the trouble... but I digress)... When I go to make a new character and try to match up the events in his or her life with established lore dates, there are already many resources I can use. However, it seems difficult to find one that lays out actual events, rather than books or games. Those timelines may be helpful to people who have read those books, played through all the incarnations of the Warcraft universe, or who are already familiar with the lore. But what about people like me who have only a working knowledge of the general order of when things happened, and haven't played through all the RTS games to learn the lore that way?

What I long for is one gigantic timeline that includes all the important events, not games or novels. I recall seeing a couple attempts at this somewhere in the vastness of the interwebs, but they all seem to contradict each other.

What I'm working on at the moment is a comprehensive timeline based on this. It's the official history of the world as given on the Warcraft website. It's written in story form, and I'm hoping to condense it down to a timeline of relevant events.

Would anyone be interested in having this posted, when and if I finish it? Or is there already one of these out there that I haven't managed to find?
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
I think it's a good idea! Do post it when it's finished.
That'd be wonderful! Please, do post it.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
If you do it, I would love to see it to appreciate the time and effort put into it. So yeah, post it if you do. /nod

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistent Timeline MstrCorvus 7 2,000 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Super Bugs! =D Yau 8 1,179 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Piroska's Ultimate Timeline Beltharean 9 1,838 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Changes to Timeline BountyHunter 20 3,563 01-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Four timeline/lore questions TadanoHitoshi 6 1,504 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus