The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Talaka`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've been an MMO player since World of Warcraft's birth, and an avid RP fan for some considerable amount of time. I respect any community that is cohesive and inclusive; that said, I also recognize the necessity for admittance standards, having been the leader of several RP guilds in several different venues. I have many years of RP-experience under my belt, and I take pride in my work; even if I'm just killing time, I give my material 110%. I am dedicated to RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from Vancouver, B.C., way up here in this wintry-wonderland known as Canada. I now live in Toronto, Ontario, however. I speak English quite fluently, but am capable of speaking bits and pieces of other languages; German and Latin, most prominently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally got into Warcraft starting with the title 'Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos', and have been a huge fan of it since. I fell out of love with Warcraft briefly, which caused me to leave retail WoW behind. However, the IP never lost it's flare for me, and I've looked forward to getting another chance to RP in the Warcraft universe. I spent many years of my life playing Warcraft 3, and subsequently, World of Warcraft, and a vast amount of my RP experience has been within the universe in question.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My friend Devon referred me to your fine venue here. I had been seeking strong RP for quite some time; when he gave me the link, I took a look around, and was impressed. I love low-population servers, I love RP, and I love Warcraft; it was a no-brainer for me to apply here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be totally honest, I enjoy it all. I think each kind plays it's respective part in creating a complete RP experience. Any true RP is a journey that, at one point or another, will encompass all of these things; whether you're braving ancient caverns filled with hideous monsters with your closest friend, or celebrating your victory with the whole crowd, they're all pieces of the odyssey.

With all that said, however, for the most part, I do enjoy my RP with a select number of people, primarily. I find that, outside of certain circumstances, large groups RPing together can become disjointed and much less personal. I prefer two or three people; especially in MMOs.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In retail World of Warcraft, I largely played a Night Elf Druid. I was initially drawn to Night Elves because they had always been my favorite species in the Warcraft universe, and after much trial and error, so to speak, I developed an affinity with the last class I tried: the Druid. The combination of Night Elf/Druid should have come naturally to me, but it was in fact the last thing I tried in the entire game. Sure enough, I had that character for several years.

I have different intentions as far as characters go, this time around. I won't be rolling another Night Elf Druid.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect what I expect of any RP venue; for the community to be cohesive and strong, for the RP to be of a certain quality, and for the participants to be both enthused and, to a certain degree, talented.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The strict application process. I fully support any approval process that consequently improves the quality of the RP being performed, and being able to deny applicants is one of the most sure-fire ways of doing so.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I once had a very close friend. We played Warcraft 3 together for four or five years, and played World of Warcraft together for several more.

Shortly into our career together playing WoW, however, I began to become disillusioned with much of the game, and it effected my RP. After taking a three or four month hiatus, I was back-- but my RP, and our friendship, had been irreparably damaged. We had drifted apart during my time away, and we never were quite the same again.

It's a much longer story than that, with a lot more to it, but it's rather private. Suffice it to say that, in the end, I think it was in everybody's best interest that we parted ways-- unfortunately. I would've liked nothing more than to have him here today. I blame the fact that we started playing WoW together, honestly.

The moral: Don't overwork yourself; it can be detrimental to the quality of RP you produce.

Oh. And don't hate the playah, HATE THE GAME! Haha.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I thought I would include links to two of my RP wikis, both of which are works in progress. These contain details on characters I plan to play in the upcoming Star Wars MMO title, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Also included below is a link to some of the RP I've done on their forums. If any of the work done on Az'jari Tal's wiki seems lacking, it's because it was written during a time of great distress for me, and I haven't gotten around to edit it.

Surely a comparison of my RP material and the wiki would clarify that, however.

http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/inde ... _Non-Canon

http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/ ... escription

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=214884
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

... Wait, did somebody say THE GAME!?