The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

TarFingers`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Ah, as a player. I happen to be one of those painfully shy folk who would run around The Barrens for an hour and a half and avoid as many people as possible. This, of course, isn't from some anti-social hate of humanity, it is more from the crippling fear that I am doing something incorrect and would be effectively 'noob-bombed' by far more efficient and veteran players. I started playing Warcraft on my own, no one recommended it to me, so every skill or habit I learned in game was self taught. This simply meant that I was grinding and pulling off quests for the sheer joy of it, without actively communicating with others. Sure if I was approached by someone I would be polite and chat with them, trade a bit, but within the year long subscription I only ever tried an instance twice ( With a very friendly group of Tauren no less!).

Now as a role player I would like to think that I am well versed and self critical enough to submit decent, well thought out posts. I have been role playing for about 8 years now, be it within games, or in real life. I have even Larp'd at one point in time ( Interesting experience). But as an older RP'er I find myself underwhelmed and unsatisfied with todays current main stream Rp'er. Now I won't go tumbling into a 'back in my day' speech, lord knows I am not the best writer or smartest match in the box, but I hold myself within a certain standard. Role playing is more then just a way to pass the time for me, it's an immersion into another world where I can help dictate and add to a brilliant story or concept. I also hold role playing as a way to better myself with my writing, grammar ect ect...

All in all as a player I would have to say that, I start slow and work my way into a brisk frenzy. I am uncertain when asking questions or reacting to others in the beginning but after a time of getting used to the same friendly (Or not so friendly) faces I transform into a confident eager contributer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, as such I find when interacting with people from other countries or continents that I try my best to not fit into that cookie cutter 'stupid redneck' concept. I speak fluent english, and hopefully I write correctly in it as well. However I dabble in a few other language, but nothing to impressive, enough to say a few phrases or comprehend when spoken to.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I learned about Warcraft on my own. Originally I saw a World or Warcraft trailer on the TV and fell in love with the concept. Immediately I went about researching the world and the races, the history and the culture. It was an amazing phenomenon for me and one that I was eager to take part in. Now I played WoW first before deciding to bust into the old school games such as Warcraft 1 and 2 ( Making ships, taking names!)

Playing in WoW I have played as both Horde and Alliance, only because of the intense interest I took in all the cultures, but at heart I am a Horde girl.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I am a bit ashamed to say that I did not seek this server out by name or reputation. I simply was searching for a place that I might be able to immerse myself into Warcraft on a more personal and intense level. Sadly to say none of my current decent RP buddies like Warcraft enough to create characters to interact with my own.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all role play! Be it fighting, adventure, horror, action, romance! I admit I am not the best combat role player, I tend to be very finicky about hits and taking liberties with others characters ( visa versa) But I have done it enough to comprehend the situations. Personally I like to mix them all together, romance/horror/war it's all so dynamic I can't bear to leave one out and keep another. I really could care less how many people are involved in the RP, but it can get overwhelming in groups.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Such a hard question!!!

I love many of them, some more then others but it's so hard to choose a favorite anything! As an animal lover I tend to stray towards hunters, class wise, but I have been a bit of everything. A warrior allows me to bash and destroy and that's always so much more fun then learning some spells to fling at an opponent. But I have dabbled in the magical classes as well!

If I had to be definite and choose a class and a race that I adored and could label as 'favorite' I would have to say it would be trolls, they are just so interesting and ethnic! And class wise I'm going to go with Warriors...or Shamans...Darn it don't make me choose!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am going into this as open minded as possible, but I am hoping for a place where I can RP with others in a interactive and engaging environment. I just really wish to share my passion for this verse with others who love it like I do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of the rules are familiar and appreciated by me that I have read. They are there for a reason and I will follow them to the best of my abilities, I'm not really a rebel so most likely if I break a rule I am unaware that I am doing so.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It had started with a prank.

A simple little pervasion into the daily doings of an other wise busy vendor. K'thale wasn't a trickster by nature, she struggled with the ever present throb of magic withdraw like everyone else did, it came with the Blood Elf Territory. But sometimes a girl just had to do what she had to do.

She had wanted one piece of fruit! Just one! Telling the cranky overworked vendor that she'd pay him back later, that he'd see her around, she lived right on that busy cobbled street after all! But years of being swindled by foreign allies and thieves he just wasn't buying her story. What was a youthful little sprite doing running about with no work to do or parental guardian anyway?

It wasn't her fault, she basically had no one. When your only guardian dies fending off the undead Scourge that systematically plague the city limits...Well one tends to find themselves alone and without definitive structure to fall back on. K'thale had found herself quite distraught at being turned away, and threatened with the annoying guards that walked through the main city as if everyone else should behold their mighty gloriousness with awe and wonder. Gods she hated them!

So the little brat of a elf had decided to raid the vendors cart, he didn't get his food from his own workings, he bought them from caravans that went from town to farms. She had known this because she had seen him buying his wares from them, she hadn't been lying! She really did live on that same street that he worked!

So she'd just sneak into the cart, steal that particular vendors supplies, and eat like a queen for about a week, all the while filled with delight at the cruel mans misfortune. But it had all gone horribly wrong.

K'thale had waited on the road side just outside of the city gates, ignoring the golden eyes of the statue that bored into the back of her skull. She waited until the cart came bustling down the road, the same man that did business with the mean vendor, then she made her move. Scrambling out of the brush and onto the back of the cart, shoving her head under the off white tarp that protected the wares from the elements and effectively toppling into it.

With her face buried into a basket full of fruits she immediately forgot her purpose, she just heeded the siren call that her stomach sent out towards the sweet smelling fruits. Although unwise as it was she didn't seem to notice the odd direction the cart was going, hadn't it been heading into the city?

K'thale only bothered to pay that linger thought any mind when she poked her head out of the tarp and realized that she wasn't in Silvermoon anymore. The lynx and dragonhawks just barely visible out within the dense foliage that consisted on either side of the road. Where the heck was this guy taking her?! She couldn't hop out of the cart now! She had no weapons or armor to defend herself from undead or feral animals! She had no way of getting out of this now!

It had all started out as just a prank, and now she was being carted to a big old painted blimp, while the sounds of deep foreign voices resonated through the thick whitish tarp down to her long drooping ears. She was in trouble now....And those scary green skinned, tusked men talking to the cart driver were gonna want her to explain why she had just eaten a whole basket of their produce.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just a few tips on how to navigate the site and go about posting and what not. Forums always confuse me the first few times I visit.
Welcome!

Poor K'thale. I hope those orcs don't beat her to a pulp!
TarFingers Wrote:Just a few tips on how to navigate the site and go about posting and what not. Forums always confuse me the first few times I visit.
In my opinion, the single-best page on the entire site is view new posts. This handy-dandy, very awesome link will allow you to easily view new posts that have appeared on the site (usually within the last twenty-four hours). It's a great way to see what discussions are currently being held on the site without having to scan each of the subforums for telltale signs of posting!
Welcome fellow LARPer!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]