The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tauren Hold'em
Tauren Hold’em

Version Beta 0.3

TL : DR - Skip to the bottom download the addon and tell me what you think

History

This is an old tauren game form the Ragetotem tribe that has resurfaced in recent times as the Shu’halo tribes have come together and congregated more. However, it is seeing a lot more popularity after the Goblins joined the horde and took some interested in the Tauren goings on.

Skoll Cognoggen discovered the game while visiting Thunderbluff investigating some tauren engineering. He saw some old warriors playing it and asked if he could join in. He got the history of the game from them. Supposedly, the tribal warriors would play this dice game on long campaigns. They would bet with claws and teeth from hunting and warring band conquests, this currency was eventually called “poke” as that is what they all had in common. The game was eventually called “Prairie Poker” at least this was the best translation from Taur’ahe that Skoll could get. The Eight sided dice were made from carved bone or horn. A tradition that still holds till today, all the best dice are bone or ivory. Also, many tauren uses the term bones and dice interchangeably. Another tradition that holds is calling whatever you use to bet with “Poke” whether that be gold, silver, chips, shells, beads, or whatever else you have on hand. Skoll in an effort to make the game more appealing has changed the name to “Tauren Hold’em.” He is hoping the name will sound more appealing to the his target market of tavernites and battlefield warriors.

Game Pieces

Each die used is the same and each die has eight sides. Side 2 through 6 are what you would expect with pips or dots showing the value of the die.

They look like this
6 - [::: ]
5 - [:· : ]
4 - [: : ]
3 - [.· ']
2 - [. ' ]

The other three sides are a bit different and are known as face sides. These sides are respectively known as The Warrior, The Chieftain, and The Shaman.

They look like this
[ Φ ] - This is the Warrior, it is represented by a Spear over a Shield, it is the lowest of the face sides or a 7.
[ ╣ ] - This is the Chieftain, represented by his Totem. It is the second highest face die or an 8
[ ¥ ] - This is the Shaman represented by his Staff. It is the highest of the face sides. However it has a value of 1 (Ace). Like a shaman who sometimes is the highest in the tribe and sometimes outside the tribe. The value of this face can change with the type of game being played. It can be lowest, highest, or even wild.

The object of the game is to get the highest 5 dice hand. The order of the hands are from least to most likely.

Each player has a Cup or Box with two die. With an extra 5 dice for the dealer.

Order of winning hands

1. Five of a kind - [ Φ ] [ Φ ] [ Φ ] [ Φ ] [ Φ ]
  2. Four of a kind - [ ¥ ] [ ¥ ] [ ¥ ] [ ¥ ] [.· ']
  3. Full house - [ ╣ ] [ ╣ ] [ ╣ ] [: : ] [: : ]
  4. Straight - [.· '] [: : ] [:· : ] [::: ] [ Φ ] [ ╣ ] - (can go around the horn with The Shaman ¥)
  5. Three of a kind - [::: ] [::: ] [::: ] [ ¥ ] [:· : ]
  6. Two pair - [.· '] [.· '] [:· : ] [ Φ ] [ Φ ]
  7. One pair - [ ¥ ] [ ¥ ] [:· : ] [.· '] [::: ]
  8. Bust - [ ¥ ] [ Φ ] [:· : ] [.· '] [::: ] - in a bust whoever has the highest side wins (most of the time this will be The Shaman ¥)

Slash commands
  • /tdeal - This rolls your dice secretly under a cup/box.
  • /tshow - This shows your last rolled hand to the party.
  • /tflop - This is for the dealer to roll the Flop, the first 3 die for your hand.
  • /tturn - This is for the dealer to roll the Turn, the forth die for your hand.
  • /triver - This is for the dealer to roll the River, the 5th and last die
  • /thand - This is to reference the order of the hands.
  • /tbones - This is to reference the order of the dice sides, and face sides.
  • /tbet # - This is to add a bet to the pot [e.g. /tbet 2] will add 2 to the pot
  • /tpot - This will give what is in the pot to your target, can only be done by dealer after the river is rolled.
  • /tgive # - This with give the specified # to your target [e.g. /tgive 3] will give 3 poke to target. This is for side pots and if something gets messed up you can fix it.
  • /treset - This will reset your poke back to 20. This is to buy back in or for what ever reason you need.
How to play

(Optional) First set the blinds. The small blind is the first one to the dealers left, he must put in half the minimum bet. (So if it is 2 poke then he would put in 1 poke) Next is the big blind which is second to the dealers left, he must put in the full minimum bet. (So if it is 2 poke he puts in 2 poke)

1. To start each player rolls two dice inside your box in secret and place it on the table. You can peek at your dice, but I would not let any others see. (This is done with the /tdeal command, only you can see what you rolled, however everyone in the group is alerted that you rolled)

2. You then go around the table starting at the dealers left (Or if you have the big and small blind after the big blind) and choose to match them minimum bet or to fold and be out of that hand, or you can raise the bet. Everyone needs to make a decision before you can move on, if the bet has been raised it goes around again to the person who raised the bet.

3. The dealer then rolls three dice for everyone to see. This is called the Flop. (The dealer does this with the /tflop command)

4. Next is another round of betting, starting to the dealers left. You can choose to, Check, which is you want to stay in but not put any more into the pot. Raise, add more to the pot and the rest of the players have to at least match what you put in. Last is to Fold, this is to take yourself out of the hand. You can't win but nor do you have to put in any more poke.

5. After the betting round is complete the dealer rolls one more die called the Turn. (The dealer does this with the /tturn command)

6. Another round of betting, same as step 4.

7. The dealer then makes the fifth and last die roll called the River (The dealer does this with the /triver command)
8. One more round of betting same as step 4.

9. Last, is the showdown, where the remaining players lift their boxes and reveal their hand. Whoever has the highest hand of five dice wins the pot. If two players have the same type of hand, then the one with the highest side of the dice wins. If two or more players have the same type of hand and the same value of dice then the pot is split between them. (To show your hand to the rest of the group you use the /tshow command)

All in rules

If a player faced with a bet who wishes to call but has insufficient poke remaining, may bet the remainder of his poke and declare himself “all in.” He may now hold onto his dice for the remainder of the hand as if he had called every bet, but may not win any more money from any player above the amount of his bet. So If the betting goes higher than the all in a side pot is made. Only player who contribute to the side pot may win the side pot.

For more info on All In and Side pots check here

Example hand

[Skoll] says: “All right everyone roll your hand”

[Skoll] says: /tdeal

Skoll rolls his hand under the box.
1- [ ¥ ] 2-[::: ]
Riggs rolls his hand under the box.
Dakx rolls his hand under the box.
Gray rolls his hand under the box.

Skoll looks to Riggs “Start us off, you in or out”
Riggs looks confident and slides out two poke
Gray shakes his head “Don’t like what I am looking at, I’ll fold”
[Dakx] says: Roll those bones, I Got’a see the Flop *Put 2 poke in the pot*
Skoll nods “I am in as well.” He put two poke in with the rest and picks up the three dice to roll.

[Skoll] says: /tflop
Dealer Skoll rolls the Flop
1-[:· : ] 2-[.· '] 3-[::: ]

Riggs shrugs “I’ll check”
Dakx folds his arms “Me too”
Skoll taps the table “We will make it three then” and picks up the die to roll the Turn

[Skoll] says: /tturn
Dealer Skoll rolls the Turn
1-[:· : ] 2-[.· '] 3-[::: ] 4-[::: ]

Riggs with a deadpan face “I’ll raise, two poke”
[Dakx] says: Nope not me, I’ll fold
Skoll frowns “I match it” he slides in two more poke before rolling the last die

[Skoll] says: /triver
Dealer Skoll rolls the River
1-[:· : ] 2-[.· '] 3-[::: ] 4-[::: ] 5-[ Φ ]

Riggs taps the table “Check”
[Skoll] says: I’ll raise you two more
Riggs matches the two poke “Fine”
[Skoll] says: Show’em

[Skoll] says: /tshow
1-[ ¥ ] 2-[::: ]
Skoll uncovers his hand
1-[ ╣ ] 2-[: : ]
Riggs uncovers his hand

[Skoll] says: Ha, I got three of a kind!
Riggs tries to hold down a laugh as he reaches for the pot “Sorry Friend, I reeled you in like a fish, Straight.”
Skoll frowns “I’ll get you next hand, who’s playing again?”

Downloads

Fixed a few bugs, should work with the whole raid now and it should not conflict with DICEx. Also I added a way to keep track of the poke betting while in a game.

Click here to download version beta 0.3

To do list
  • A betting system
  • IC currency ScaredWhat?

I would love any feedback you are willing to give. Or ideas how to improve or ideas for other games
I love it.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
Ok I fixed up some bugs and added a new betting system to the Game to keep track of the poke in a game.
There are four new slash commands

/tbet # - This is to add a bet to the pot [e.g. /tbet 2] will add 2 to the pot
/tpot - This will give what is in the pot to your target, can only be done by dealer after the river is rolled.
/tgive # - This with give the specified # to your target [e.g. /tgive 3] will give 3 poke to target. This is for side pots and if something gets messed up you can fix it.
/treset - This will reset your poke back to 20. This is to buy back in or for what ever reason you need.