The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tauren. You want one. [WIP, since I hate my laptop]
First. And foremost.

Resources

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tauren
http://www.wowpedia.org/Taur-ahe
http://www.wowpedia.org/Mulgore
http://www.wowpedia.org/Horde

Now, I whole heartedly suggest reading those when making a Tauren. Yes, I've read 'em. Yes, they are informative. Yes, I'm making a version to attempt to shorten those, but they are still a good read.

Tauren History

Tauren, for all of their history, have only regaled their old tales oraly. This means, that rather than writing things down, they've shared their history by telling tales over the years. Sadly, this has caused a lot of tall tales, and inconsistancies with said tales.

It's speculated that they are as old as the Nightelves, and they were awoken upon the creation of Azeroth. They were said to have strong ties to nature and spirits from their conception, hence their druidic and shamanistic ways. It is speculated that they were taught by Cenarius in the ways of druidism, and had long forgot it till around the time after the Third War, in which they again established a connection into druidism. It is also speculated that they had a relationship with Cenarius, but he only -recently- taught them the ways of druidism, as an example of said inconsitancies.

However, deep in the Emerald Dream... there is proof of Tauren ancestory.

Meeting the Horde

For an unknown ammount of time, the Tauren where a nomadic culture, dedicated to hunting Kodo, and dedicating their time and work to the blessings of the Earthmother. Their "cities" only would stand for so long, as a constant dispute between them and the Centaur forced them to be constantly on the move.

Cairne Bloodhoof, however, took then incentive to welcome the Warlike Orcs to Kalimdor, and ask for their aid against the Centaur. And, upon their defeat, they became allies to the Orcs and the Darkspear Trolls, making the "new" Horde.

Not long after, Cairne set up "Thunder Bluff", upon a mesa for the refugees left from the fights with the Centaur, and soon it became their capital, and permanant home.

Tauren Culture

Tauren culture, again, is comprised upon a series of ancient myths, and beliefs. One of the main beliefs is in the Great Hunt. While they are peaceful in nature, they all seek identity in their Earth Mother, as well asa hunter on Azeroth, and this is true in all of their classes. (Except maybe Deathkights.)

Much like ancient native American's, the Tauren are taught not to waste, and to respect and make a relationship with the animals they hunt, hence their relationship with the mighty Kodo.

A Tauren's faith, is very base. It's an attunement to their Earthmother... to Azeroth.

Playing your Tauren

Ahh, the meat of the guide. TAUREN. Now, as has been stated, Tauren are a very traditonal and spritual race. Now, what does this mean for you, the player? It means that a typical Tauren would hold two values, faith and a need to survive off the land. This means, that they also wish to maintain the land, shunning races that seemingly taint it, namingly Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, and possibly humans.

See, your typical Tauren, while they are not neccisarily racist, they do bore hatred for those who hurt their Earthmother, so there would be tension in this area. This, should be kept in mind while people intereact with others on their Tauren.

As for most Horde races, a typical Tauren would be pretty darn accepting. HOWEVER, the Sin'Sholai would be met with a fair bit of mistrust or seemingly outright hostility. Reason being quite simple: They are traitors.

Now, when it comes to faith, and your tauren, you can see that there is a long line of ancient traditions, speculation, and hersay. The best thing to keep in mind, with all Tauren, is the involvement of the Earthmother and the Great Hunt. While Tauren are a peaceful race, theny hunt, and keep that going whether they be a Druid, or a Shaman. It's widely practiced, and revered.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

First. And foremost.

Resources

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tauren
http://www.wowpedia.org/Taur-ahe
http://www.wowpedia.org/Mulgore
http://www.wowpedia.org/Horde

Now, I whole heartedly suggest reading those when making a Tauren. Yes, I've read 'em. Yes, they are informative. Yes, I'm making a version to attempt to shorten those, but they are still a good read.

Tauren History

Tauren, for all of their history, have only regaled their old tales oraly. This means, that rather than writing things down, they've shared their history by telling tales over the years. Sadly, this has caused a lot of tall tales, and inconsistancies with said tales.

It's speculated that they are as old as the Nightelves, and they were awoken upon the creation of Azeroth. They were said to have strong ties to nature and spirits from their conception, hence their druidic and shamanistic ways. It is speculated that they were taught by Cenarius in the ways of druidism, and had long forgot it till around the time after the Third War, in which they again established a connection into druidism. It is also speculated that they had a relationship with Cenarius, but he only -recently- taught them the ways of druidism, as an example of said inconsitancies.

However, deep in the Emerald Dream... there is proof of Tauren ancestory.

Meeting the Horde

For an unknown ammount of time, the Tauren where a nomadic culture, dedicated to hunting Kodo, and dedicating their time and work to the blessings of the Earthmother. Their "cities" only would stand for so long, as a constant dispute between them and the Centaur forced them to be constantly on the move.

Cairne Bloodhoof, however, took then incentive to welcome the Warlike Orcs to Kalimdor, and ask for their aid against the Centaur. And, upon their defeat, they became allies to the Orcs and the Darkspear Trolls, making the "new" Horde.

Not long after, Cairne set up "Thunder Bluff", upon a mesa for the refugees left from the fights with the Centaur, and soon it became their capital, and permanant home.

Tauren Culture

Tauren culture, again, is comprised upon a series of ancient myths, and beliefs. One of the main beliefs is in the Great Hunt. While they are peaceful in nature, they all seek identity in their Earth Mother, as well asa hunter on Azeroth, and this is true in all of their classes. (Except maybe Deathkights.)

Much like ancient native American's, the Tauren are taught not to waste, and to respect and make a relationship with the animals they hunt, hence their relationship with the mighty Kodo.

A Tauren's faith, is very base. It's an attunement to their Earthmother... to Azeroth.

Playing your Tauren

Ahh, the meat of the guide. TAUREN. Now, as has been stated, Tauren are a very traditonal and spritual race. Now, what does this mean for you, the player? It means that a typical Tauren would hold two values, faith and a need to survive off the land. This means, that they also wish to maintain the land, shunning races that seemingly taint it, namingly Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, and possibly humans.

See, your typical Tauren, while they are not neccisarily racist, they do bore hatred for those who hurt their Earthmother, so there would be tension in this area. This, should be kept in mind while people intereact with others on their Tauren.

As for most Horde races, a typical Tauren would be pretty darn accepting. HOWEVER, the Sin'Sholai would be met with a fair bit of mistrust or seemingly outright hostility. Reason being quite simple: They are traitors.

Now, when it comes to faith, and your tauren, you can see that there is a long line of ancient traditions, speculation, and hersay. The best thing to keep in mind, with all Tauren, is the involvement of the Earthmother and the Great Hunt. While Tauren are a peaceful race, theny hunt, and keep that going whether they be a Druid, or a Shaman. It's widely practiced, and revered.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hmm...something came up from Maulbane the other day and with the suspected rumors that Garrosh might be Cairne's killer, would that mean the separation of the Tauren nation from the orcs and the breaking of oaths? I mean.....an orc killed a Tauren yeah. I doubt the Tauren would just sit down and take it 'because we're allies with the orcs and we're sidekikz!'

I'm wondering how CoTH would to deal with that.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Hmm...something came up from Maulbane the other day and with the suspected rumors that Garrosh might be Cairne's killer, would that mean the separation of the Tauren nation from the orcs and the breaking of oaths? I mean.....an orc killed a Tauren yeah. I doubt the Tauren would just sit down and take it 'because we're allies with the orcs and we're sidekikz!'

I'm wondering how CoTH would to deal with that.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
It would all depend on how Garrosh is handled. And, Cairne is alive...or am I missing something here?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It would all depend on how Garrosh is handled. And, Cairne is alive...or am I missing something here?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It's a Cataclysm thing. It's too early to put -major- thought into it. The guide is for Lore now. Still some time before we're worrying about Cairne dying, etc. etc.

/thumbsup@guide :)
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
It's a Cataclysm thing. It's too early to put -major- thought into it. The guide is for Lore now. Still some time before we're worrying about Cairne dying, etc. etc.

/thumbsup@guide :)
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Something I think would be very good to add since the topic is very confusing, is Tauren Druidism. It seems the Blizzard version of the story ( the one where Tauren forgot Druidism and relearned it after the Third War, and that bizarre line that goes, "The Tauren believe they were first. The Night Elves were the first." ) isn't completely accepted here. How the heck does a race of nature worshipers forget how to worship nature? O.o

It would also be good to point out that since it takes hundreds of years to be able to shape shift ( according to a post I read somewhere around here or maybe a discussion in /chat ), no Tauren can actually do it. Unless maybe I'm missing something?

Also, not too sure if you want to touch upon this since the Blizzard lore for it isn't done, but perhaps go into the whole thing with Tauren Paladin. I know I'm a bit confused by it. I still can't figure out how a race of nature worshipers who have harnessed the power of the spirits for generations are only now looking toward the sun. Especially since the sun is already a very important part of their mythology!

You know... just things like that. :wink:
Something I think would be very good to add since the topic is very confusing, is Tauren Druidism. It seems the Blizzard version of the story ( the one where Tauren forgot Druidism and relearned it after the Third War, and that bizarre line that goes, "The Tauren believe they were first. The Night Elves were the first." ) isn't completely accepted here. How the heck does a race of nature worshipers forget how to worship nature? O.o

It would also be good to point out that since it takes hundreds of years to be able to shape shift ( according to a post I read somewhere around here or maybe a discussion in /chat ), no Tauren can actually do it. Unless maybe I'm missing something?

Also, not too sure if you want to touch upon this since the Blizzard lore for it isn't done, but perhaps go into the whole thing with Tauren Paladin. I know I'm a bit confused by it. I still can't figure out how a race of nature worshipers who have harnessed the power of the spirits for generations are only now looking toward the sun. Especially since the sun is already a very important part of their mythology!

You know... just things like that. :wink:
I would rage because I've been ninja'd, but it IS looking to be a good guide.

So yeah, lookin' fine! Could use fleshing out but that's a given. Heh.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I would rage because I've been ninja'd, but it IS looking to be a good guide.

So yeah, lookin' fine! Could use fleshing out but that's a given. Heh.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Tauren can shapeshift. I'm not going into any more depth on druidism than what' s provided for me by Blizzard, since I could speculate and be completely wrong. I -also- don'tknow where people get "Well you have to be doing that for this long", in regards to druids, Night Elf or Tauren.

But, that's another topic. For now, if someone can prove me wrong, I'm saying Tauren can shapeshift, and their history on whether or not they were first or if it was Nightelves is up for speculation.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Tauren can shapeshift. I'm not going into any more depth on druidism than what' s provided for me by Blizzard, since I could speculate and be completely wrong. I -also- don'tknow where people get "Well you have to be doing that for this long", in regards to druids, Night Elf or Tauren.

But, that's another topic. For now, if someone can prove me wrong, I'm saying Tauren can shapeshift, and their history on whether or not they were first or if it was Nightelves is up for speculation.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've made edits, and elaborated a bit more, but it's hard for me to do when it gets to any length, because of my funky laptop.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Since the Mists of Dawn: A Tauren Guide Beltharean 22 10,166 09-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Beltharean