The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tavern Help Wanted
11/11/13 - We are looking for new staff once more.

The printed posters have been hung up throughout Dalaran, Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
They have been tacked on boards and walls outside of local drinking halls and flophouses.

[Image: 2zi0kn8.jpg]

An Explanation

Spoiler:
This poster is intended to advertise for employment at the Sable Dragon Inn, a tavern in Dalaran's city center. It is OOCly located in the Legerdemain Lodge.

More information on the tavern can be found here.

Before we can open the tavern proper we need a certain number of employees. We are currently looking in-character for:
  • Bartenders
    Individuals who man the bar and provide drinks and services to the patrons. Players must be competent at dealing with crowds of characters.
  • Waiters/Waitresses
    Individuals who move about the tavern serving tables and patrons. Players must be competent at conversation RP.
  • Hosts/Hostesses
    Individuals who spend time socializing with lonely or bored patrons. Players must be competent at initiating engaging role-play with other characters.
  • Patron
    An individuals not employed by the tavern in the classical sense, but is a frequent visitor and provides some service to the inn, the staff or the proprietors. Players should speak with me to discuss the idea further as well as what your character can provide.

Players who are interested should be willing to initiate and sustain casual and semi-casual role-play in a neutral setting and be able to role-play regularly or semi-regularly throughout the week and weekend. Service to the tavern will also include engaging in the business' storylines and helping initiate other players into the open role-play.

As events are added to the inn's selection members may be asked to help in-character.

Those who are interested should either send me a private message or message me on skype (Rosencrat). We'll have a brief out-of-character interview before we schedule an initiation role-play.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
This was very much needed, great idea.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Because of a few suggestions, I've added a fourth 'position': Patron.

Patron is a nebulous role that any player can fill. They are not an employee, per say, but provide a tangible service to the tavern's goal of attracting and entertaining players.
How about a one-handed, 2'6" bouncer?
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Silly Caravan. Clearly Thragash should be a bouncer. And masculine eye-candy to boot. He'll pose shirtless for all the patrons.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Silly Grakor. Only trolls and goblins can be eye-candy.
(05-26-2013, 04:39 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Silly Caravan. Clearly Thragash should be a bouncer. And masculine eye-candy to boot. He'll pose shirtless for all the patrons.

I'm only seeing a win-win here if Thragash and Caravan are a dynamic duo. Eh? Eh??

After work, he can come meet her peon son.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(05-26-2013, 04:42 PM)Mathias Wrote: Silly Grakor. Only trolls and goblins can be eye-candy.

Get out. :-|

(05-26-2013, 04:49 PM)Caravan Wrote: I'm only seeing a win-win here if Thragash and Caravan are a dynamic duo. Eh? Eh??

After work, he can come meet her peon son.

Rose would be mad to reject us!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I see a fastball special.

Spoiler:
[Image: fastball+special.jpg]

...but reverse.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Well I had considered killing Kraig off in the Cataclysm considering that the Glass Shovel (For what better to dig one's self into a hole with?) and just about everything else around it in the park was destroyed. However, it has also occurred to me to keep him around and send him back to sea to explore that aspect of his back-story in present time. Given how much I enjoyed operating a player run bar and the successful RP opportunities it provided for others, I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Given that I am still in the process of playing god with my toons it may be a little bit before I am available for anything.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
I've posted two new threads related to the tavern: A group thread and an event roster.

Give them a look; we'll be opening up the tavern soon for role-play.
Activity has been very high at the tavern lately, but our staff numbers have been dropping steadily.

Currently there are only three fully active barmen on the payroll. We need a few more staff members to help run the tavern and free up staff to hold roleplay outside of the inn.

If you are interested, let me know and we can talk about how you can get involved.
Still could use some active members to join to help with work load and RP! Also Dezi Fizwizzle has invested in the business so any other Fizwizzles or Gobbos that want a job let us know OOCly or let him know ICly!
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Times like these could have saved Bastos' life, but alas, I still don't want to bring him back. If you're aching for staff still, I have someone in mind. I'll PM you when I can.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Okay cool! Let me know!
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: Dead Or Alive ThePharaoh 21 3,926 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Wanted! PvtFrog 4 1,352 08-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  WANTED ImagenAshyun 13 1,657 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Blacksmith Wanted! HolyHiveMind 1 785 04-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  Catacombs Wanted Posters Duraza 10 1,480 11-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Last Post: rodentjoe