03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82464
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 709
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3153

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Thank you for four years
Dear CotH

This is a cotheversary post and also somewhat of a goodbye post to the community. After settling in at my new college I have learned about all of the options that are available to me (and bars Beer), and basically it's a new city, a clean slate, and an empty plate. I'm trying out new foods and do not want to lean back on the old foods, to extend the metaphor. But speaking literally, what I mean here is that I want a life away from slumping in a computer chair and not doing much else. I did that because the city I used to live in didn't have much to do. But I now live in a more interesting place. And honestly it's healthier for me and it's more enriching to have an offline social life. For this reason, you guys can consider me to be on an indefinite leave of absence. I might come back if things aren't as interesting as they were at first glance (although things not being interesting would be my fault, wouldn't it?), but for now, you know what I'm doing.

At the beginning of the month I turned 4 on CotH. I'm not going to praise this as being the best place ever (it's still great); CotH has some things to work on as a community and on a personal level I don't think I OOCly connected to too many people. However, what I want to use this cothversary for is to thank you for what made my existence in this community satisfying and memorable: the roleplay. All of you are very dedicated to what you enjoy doing here and it is what made me enjoy doing it as well. I saw roleplay as a medium that could be more than just something to do for entertainment: I saw it as a means to express something and explore what it was that I was expressing, much like literature or art. Yet for a long time I couldn't find that on the internet. However, when I came here, I was able to generate and take part in this kind of roleplay. Thanks for this, and the things I learned from being a part of the community and having been a staff-member somewhere for the first time in my life (outside of being president of silly clubs in high school).

Like I said before, this isn't a goodbye and I want to make posts on having been around for five or six years, but just an indefinite leave of absence. And don't take 'absence' too seriously: I'll miss my characters and most likely hop on sometimes to revisit them, so I'm not completely gone. For that reason I'll be a semi-active member of the forums. But I also wanted to use this as a chance to come clean about wanting to distance myself from the computer and thus coming clean that I'll be breaking a promise that I'd rejoin the team and resume helping with the upkeep of the community. Sorry about that!

Your pal, Geo

P.S. if you're ever in the historic district of Charleston and want to know what the fun things to do here are I could probably show you!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
[-] The following 14 users Like Geoni's post:
  • Ural, Vladdy, KomodoTheCashew, MstrCorvus, c0rzilla, Krilari, aroes, Alliicce, Jonoth, Cressy, flammos200, ImagenAshyun, Rowgen, WindZealot
PM
I'll miss ya, bud. Though I can understand where you're coming from. Have a good one!
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
PM
Have fun, Geo! I'll miss you!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
As soon as I start writing good things about Charleston my street starts flooding and the weather tries to make me change my mind. At least people aren't kayaking through them this time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Geoni's post:
  • KomodoTheCashew, JVNemesis, Vladdy
PM
geoni u shit

i know historic charleston

imma find u and rekt ur fais 4 dis

:'C

(have fun out there! Charleston is a great city!)
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(08-12-2014, 09:06 PM)CappnRob Wrote: geoni u shit

I'm gonna take Aikido here from Suenaka Sensei just try and fite me 1 on 1.

(I will!)
PM
(08-13-2014, 02:23 PM)Geoni Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 09:06 PM)CappnRob Wrote: geoni u shit

I'm gonna take Aikido here from Suenaka Sensei just try and fite me 1 on 1.

(I will!)

u think ur tough y dont u 1v1 me, scrub
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
yall finna gang up on me
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Years of Service" Awards Loxmardin 100 3,153 05-26-2018, 09:58 PM