The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Baron is hungry
I'd perfer your honesty, tell all my flaws and all my accomplishments and successes, how I'm doing OOC and IC, all are welcome to their opinion.
Characters
Jakodus - Draenei Vindictor.
Telendrin - Sin'Dorei fake Magister, Warlock.
Krekthar - Orc Blademaster/Mercenary.
Caleb - Undead Harvest soldier.

Edit: I'd also like a bit of feedback regarding my forum activity, just a little though.
I find the name 'Noble' silly as a character name.

... Yeah. That's about all my criticism. I've never actually roleplayed with you. But that name bugs me, regardless of what you have backing it.

I'll give a disclaimer that almost all names that are just a word which can be used in conversation bug me, so don't take it as me singling you out! :P
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Its my last name you know, and anyway I don't really use it for any characters, at least not in Medevil settings or anything of those sorts.

...And I find Xigo to be a silly name as well, it sounds like something you'd name a Xenomorph, no offense.
:3
From the little I did get to RP with you, I could easily tell. You're new. But you seem to have that willingness to learn which is a quality I quite appreciate. A room to improve in is in descriptions, and learning how to stop running around. Either way, you're learning, and I enjoyed seeing how versatile your characters are in their race and ideas.

In other words? Improvement will come in due time. Stay the path!
(07-11-2012, 01:19 PM)Noble Wrote: Its my last name you know, and anyway I don't really use it for any characters, at least not in Medevil settings or anything of those sorts.

...And I find Xigo to be a silly name as well, it sounds like something you'd name a Xenomorph, no offense.
:3
Xigo happens to be a Draenei. :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Hello, Noble!

You likely only know me as Nuadon from that one RP in Ashenvale where Jakodus was running around screaming.

Yeah.

I still contend that that behavior is exceedingly un-draenic. I recall attempting to (hopefully gently) advise you on proper draenic behavior, and you insisted his anger warranted his acting like a teenager that just learned curse words.

That is not the behavior of a millenia-old vindicator that is a member of a race known for their self-control and nobility (a la your forum name).

How might this be "fixed" or "changed"?

Control. You don't need to RP your vindicator as a stoic rock, void of the spark of emotion. But, remember: no one that was elected to train as a vindicator in that kind of pristine society is going to erupt into an outburst where their vocabulary degenerates into: MOTHER F-$%@#^ FU-%&#$%#%#$% GOD DA-%^$#$. A more appropriate outburst might be "Naaru save me before I crush these savages under my warhammer!" or "Gah! My leg! When I arise you will know the Light's fury!".

Another thing to note is that draenei take being hosts and guests very seriously. It's also been said they even ceremoniously wash their hands. A culture that does that would not want to taint the long-ears of their neighbors with foul language.

I will say his bossing of Anthrion was interesting, even if we did ICly scoff at it. While Jakodus himself isn't too much older than any of our night elves, as a culture, I can see the draenei thinking they know war and the Legion better than any on Azeroth.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Your feedback is well appreciated and will be taken into heart the next time I am on these characters, thank you.
Hoy, Krekthar nearly blew off my legs with that mortar!

I've had fun RPing with your surly orc, though I don't think I've met any of your other characters. I look forward to it, though!
I'd say RP with Telendrin was fun, it was comedical but not too comedical where it got silly. Just some times you'd be running around xD. Can't wait for him to be revived!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Ah, hello 'Thas and Lily, look forward to further RP with ya'.
Bump, come on gimme more feedback.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
Another Bump, I have a semi-important issue I feel I should bring up with all of our experienced RPers and grunts here.
Personally, I'm feeling a particular flaw in myself is creating character profiles, I barely get any sleep at night, causing me to not be in the best of states grammatical wise (Excuse I know), and reading over one of my most recent profiles, I feel like a mentally-disabled person wrote it instead of me, and looking at some of other people's profiles it just degrades me even more.
So I'd like some advice on how I can improve myself, make better profiles with much more lengthy histories and personalities, detailed as well.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.

You’ve got to say:
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
Ask for others to proof read, Noble I will if I have any free-time!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(07-29-2012, 06:58 PM)Noble Wrote: Another Bump, I have a semi-important issue I feel I should bring up with all of our experienced RPers and grunts here.
Personally, I'm feeling a particular flaw in myself is creating character profiles, I barely get any sleep at night, causing me to not be in the best of states grammatical wise (Excuse I know), and reading over one of my most recent profiles, I feel like a mentally-disabled person wrote it instead of me, and looking at some of other people's profiles it just degrades me even more.
So I'd like some advice on how I can improve myself, make better profiles with much more lengthy histories and personalities, detailed as well.

I don't claim to be a professional character profile writer, but...

I can say that you need to be able to:

1) Set time in your schedule for working on profiles. If you can figure out if you're one of those writers who likes to write everything in one go, then set aside a long morning or even day to write a profile (that's the way I do it). If you like to write gradually, make working on a profile a ritual. Or whatever it is you can figure out that works for you.

2) Read up on all the lore you can find and memorize the current timeline, as doing so will come in use when writing your character's history. Don't save lore-checking for when you're finished writing the profile. Know the lore ahead of time, or keep multiple tabs for web browsing up as you write the profile.

3) Use the workshop section. It might seem a bit slow (at least right now), but if you want help on a work in progress or something that is finished but you feel very unsure about, this is the place to put it. I've been in a writing workshop for years and can say that criticism is one of the favorite things I can get, but I know that people who aren't the same way. This RP workshop is the same as a real life one (minus the face to face interaction with others), and it exists for feedback and criticism. Another thing that might be able to help with writing a character profile is reading others and giving them feedback, because if you become deliberate and meticulous with other people you'll become the same way with yourself.

4) Have patience once you have posted something and you'll receive patience from the people that can approve the profile.

5) Pay attention to grammar and writing structure as you write your profile and there won't be as many mistakes. When you're done writing a profile, set it aside for a day (or however long it takes to forget about it and lose some attachment), and come back to it with the mindset for editing. This is something I don't do half of the time and the consequence is seeing people point out the little mistakes I missed.

6) Enjoy yourself! Once you figure out and write your character's history you'll
understand your character more, complicate him, and most importantly be able to play him as a person with a rich past.

(If you couldn't already tell, I really enjoy writing character profiles. :>)

Oh, and at the topic, I haven't roleplayed with you much, but our characters are bound to run into each other, as characters are bound to do. I'll give you feedback once that happens more often since I don't know your roleplaying style yet.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Bump!

Anyways, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late response, looking forward to RPing with ya'!
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:

You’ve got to say:
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My back is hungry. Feed it. Xigo 2 814 05-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Xigo