The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Were you satisfied with the Lich King plot line?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely!
12.90%
4 12.90%
Ugh, no!
32.26%
10 32.26%
Kinda. There were some things I liked and didn't like.
54.84%
17 54.84%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Fall of the Lich King
Cowssaymoo Wrote:The Light isn't love? hell no one knows what the hell it actually is, except that it hurts Demons and deadies alot, it can heal and even bring people from teh ded.

... Nevermind.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
A few things here before I actually post my response as to how I feel about it, one, someone made a comment about Tirion Mass Resurrecting the raid, that is false. If we're talking Lore, no matter if it's a name or not, make sure it's right. The being you see mass resurrecting the raid is none other than King Terenas Menethil II.

Second, the Light has been very much described in many of Golden and Knaak's books as well as WoW wiki and vaguely in WoW. The description is simply that it is a "Philosophy" that teaches that there is a connection between the self and the universe. With emotions such as love, justice, or any other what appears to be "good" emotions, you connect yourself to universe and are able to wield it's power. Though of course we know that there's "evil" paladins out there, but I doubt they get their power from the same source. Basically, if it makes it any easier for you, this is very much compared to the "Force" in Star Wars, except rather than beings having to connect to it, it's already in you and connected. Goes to show too that paladins, atleast members of the Silver Hand or Alliance, you didn't just go "I want to be a paladin" You had to be chosen in a way, you had to have a slightly strong connection with the Light to even be looked at for possible training.

Anyways, now back to the subject at hand...the infamous, but now dead Lich King..well, sorta.

As many have said before, Blizzard once again has contradicted themselves on their lore. Well, if y'all haven't noticed over the last four years since BC came out, they really don't care for lore too much anymore. If this was the case and they did, wouldn't we be on retail roleplaying as it would probably be a big thing still? It's quite clear after them deeming a "new" Lich King that we'll see him again in two expansions or something retarded like that. Why? Simple. Marketing. That's really all Blizzard is taking into account anymore, how much money is in their pockets. So, I hate to tell you but, yeah, Lore and what not, might as well toss that out the window. Honesty, I feel some sort of "Custom" server lore should deffinatley be done here to remove this "mistake" as uh...the Lich King returning again and again isn't really going to effect US in any PvE content way, cause yes, Blizzards care for the roleplayers has gone out the window, want proof go to a retail RP realm, just look at the names.

My honest suggestion, and take it as you will me still just a "peon" here, but honestly, I think we should just kill the Lich King off, and throw the helmet into Blackrock Spire or something, I don't know (I know, total LOTR reference). The undead, are not going to be anymore restless than they are now. Wouldn't be too difficult to let the Scarlet Onslaught/Crusade just go on their little crusade up there. I figure it this way, either one, they succeed and claim the new land as thier own removing theirself from the Eastern Kingdoms, or, they all die, either way, isn't this a win win situation?
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
Daginae Wrote:With emotions such as love, justice, or any other what appears to be "good" emotions

The power of love.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Daginae Wrote:A few things here before I actually post my response as to how I feel about it, one, someone made a comment about Tirion Mass Resurrecting the raid, that is false. If we're talking Lore, no matter if it's a name or not, make sure it's right. The being you see mass resurrecting the raid is none other than King Terenas Menethil II.

Was it really? I'll have to look over that, must've misinterpreted it.

Yeah, wow, just rewatched. Oopsie. Anyway, Arthas looked like he was holding back for the whole fight.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Yup. After the sword Frostmourne breaks, the first being, just like in the 3.3 trailer, you see is King Terenas stating that Arthas's dark deeds are now to be judged and resurrects the entire raid. Just did the fight not too long ago, and about ruined my keyboard from drooling on it so much. Vengeful father spirits= something to fear. Afterall, this isn't the first time in WoW we've seen a pissed off daddy...I.E. Corrupted Ashbringer.
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
Heck, the Wrathgate cutscene was pure epic and advancing along the Ice Crown with Argent Crusade. I honestly couldn't wait to see the rest of the story after that.

I was more than fine with the very clishé filled story up untill "the end" demo, on aftermath how the lich king fell popped up...

Can you spell anticlimax.
Lower the flags, a good man has passed.
He has reached the last of frontiers.
Lower the flags, down to half-mast.
For again the world has taken a turn for the worse.

My Gallery.
Blizzards main players are the PvP/PvErs, as it has already been stated. All the lore breaking stuff is just there to entertain them, they don't care if it makes sense and that's the thing. No PvPer or PVEr cares about the lore, it's just a game and all the extra cut scenes are just to keep them going and to add a bit of extra entertainment to a video game. Blizzards just breaking the lore so they can entertain their main crowd and it makes sense, the game isn't that much focused on RP... Even though it did until some point have good lore.
Blizzard just wants to entertain their bigger crowd and if that means breaking the lore then so be it, breaking the lore isn't destroying their game mechanics or how the game works, just how you perceive the game world, and only RPers look at it that way. Blizzard is focusing more on the quality of the game then the lore. I know that a good game needs a good story which makes sense, but that's different for an MMO. An MMO focuses more on the game mechanics and player interaction. The only reason they made RP servers was because they did have a good story behind it... But after a while they had to toss that out the window to please the bigger crowd.

Very tired, not sure If I made much sense... But yeah... My to cents. :)
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
Mortiphobia Wrote:
Quote:Really, what happened to the writing at Blizzard?

They jumped onto the Starcraft 2 bandwagon, I hear theyre making killer stuff with the whole 3 epic storylines thing.
I actually liked how it ended, but maybe that's because i've only been following the lich king storyline since WOTLK and not the previous games, just read about what happened in them. Either way, I think it kinda worked well, a few continuity errors maybe but there is so much content in these games, with lots of different people working on the writing, that id be shocked if there wasnt somewhere in some questtext a contridiction from a writer who diddnt really know everything about the game-world.
dannycrane Wrote:
Mortiphobia Wrote:
Quote:Really, what happened to the writing at Blizzard?

They jumped onto the Starcraft 2 bandwagon, I hear theyre making killer stuff with the whole 3 epic storylines thing.

I heard Starcraft 2 was just more of the same thing.

I chalk it up to them running out of viable ideas, and hiring the combined staff from "Sailor Moon" and the lady who wrote Twilight to start doing their major plots.

Spoiler: Arthas will com back, all Sparkley, and a group of Female heros can only defeat him with the power of love!

Oh, and the Female heros will be played by thirteen year old guys who troll Goldshire on RP servers in their spare time.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:I heard Starcraft 2 was just more of the same thing.

I chalk it up to them running out of viable ideas, and hiring the combined staff from "Sailor Moon" and the lady who wrote Twilight to start doing their major plots.

Spoiler: Arthas will com back, all Sparkley, and a group of Female heros can only defeat him with the power of love!

Oh, and the Female heros will be played by thirteen year old guys who troll Goldshire on RP servers in their spare time.
Most accurate prediction to date.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post Lich King Forsaken, NEEDS UPDATING! mangaboy111 12 1,783 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post: mangaboy111
  So, the Lich King's dead... Solly 13 1,989 08-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Songs for the Battle vs the Lich King Monfang 5 1,055 04-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Last Post: warmonger
  Pre Lich King raids Beltharean 4 1,357 04-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  How can my Paladin fall to the Dark Side? jak13 8 1,723 03-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Piken