The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Felfire Club
"It is an error of thought to consider any belief more or less worthy of study than another. All thought, even the taboo, advances our understanding of the world. Overcoming ignorance is to overcome the worst of our nature and elevate us just that much further beyond our common roots to uncommon heights."

[Image: 2vsgeww.png]

Word of the club's revival has begun to spread. It had closed down when the Catacomb was destroyed during the Cataclysm. But apparently the Conductress survived the wreckage. Biding her time while she picked up the pieces, the mysterious woman has finally released more information about the group. A new location. A new topic. But the same old debates.

An Explanation

This is a revival of the earlier Felfire Club. Though the location and some of the minor points have changed, the same core purpose of the group remains.

The Felfire Club is a weekly In-character event series that revolves around discussions and debates on thought-provoking, often taboo, topics. It’s designed in much the same way as the sinful and mischievous Wharton’s Hellfire Club, with debating and discussion elements taken from TEDtalks. It is an open secret society, where individuals can enjoy the company of one another while discussing topics that are interesting or relevant to their passions.

The Club does not seek to advance some grand agenda with these events, nor use its influence to move towards some new world order. The Felfire Club is designed to provide player characters the chance to speak freely on topics that fascinate them as well as socialize with others in a low-requirement role-playing setting.

Because of the open and less-than-hidden nature of the group, anyone can attend these events. People will only be kicked out of the discussions if they are violent, rude or are hindering the progression of a peaceful and amicable debate.

Refreshments and other amenities will be provided for those who wish to enjoy luxuries beyond friendly banter.

The events also will include non-discussion socializing events. Attendees can expect non-combat events, parties, date auctions and other such events for mingling.

Event Information
(Updated Weekly)

Week's Topic

Doubting Dragons: Are the Flights Still a force for Good?

Week's Event

None

When
The next event is Sunday, July 14 at 1:00 p.m. Server Time

Where

Master's Cellar, which can be found using the OOC Portal -> Instances 70+ -> Karazhan

What

A discussion and socialization group that debate taboo and thought-provoking topics.

Why

Provide intellectually stimulating RP for evil and neutral characters on the server, as well as give depths to characters that would otherwise not get the chance.

Who

Anyone, so long as they are respectful and follow the rules laid out by the Conductress at the beginning of each meeting.

This Week's Event:

This weekend’s Felfire Club meeting will be on Friday, May 24 at 1:00 p.m. Server Time in Dalaran's Underbelly.

This week’s topic is "Hairy and Greedy: Can We Trust Goblin and Worgen?”

After the debate we will be holding a Gender Swap Date Auction. The combination of the club's two most popular events will involve players being paired off for an evening date, with one member of the pair's gender being changed.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Goddamn, I love your graphics. Stop making me jealous.

Bets Willelm is going to drag Roux along. Isn't his office in Dalaran, Immy?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
The office is in Dalaran! Willie may come, or I'll bring Rene or Aimee.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
...All three!
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
My only concern is... isn't this like the fifth Gender Swap? :P
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I've yet to participate in a Gender Swap. It sounds like fun!
(05-22-2013, 03:28 PM)CappnRob Wrote: My only concern is... isn't this like the fifth Gender Swap? :P

Sixth, actually. People seem to enjoy it, however.

Also, because I want things to be more faction neutral, I've changed the topic to include both new races.
I don't get home until 2:30 on Fridays, I don't think I'll be able to make it. :C
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
The meetings will usually be held on Saturday.

I'm only holding this one on Friday because I have to visit family on Saturday this weekend.
Bella might just come around.
Sanity? Of course!
(05-23-2013, 09:14 AM)Rosencrat Wrote: The meetings will usually be held on Saturday.

I'm only holding this one on Friday because I have to visit family on Saturday this weekend.

I'll be able to make those ones, just not this one. I PM'd ya why!
I may have to leave early at 2, as I would have to pick up a client.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Long time no see, Mistress Bisen :) 'course I'll be there.

Boooo, I'll be getting home at around 2:30 server time. I'll attend the next one!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Showtime at 1? You should know to expect me, Rosencrat. I get the feeling this will be a very interesting debate.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bay Club's Week-o'-Fun Rosencrat 13 2,470 07-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  The Booty Bay Social Club Rosencrat 5 2,079 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Absurdkoala
  The Felfire Club Rosencrat 75 10,047 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Felfire Presents: Sinner's Ball Rosencrat 24 4,486 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Psychyn