The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Future of CoTH
Okay guys, time to concentrate our discussion and not act like we have our heads cut off.

I'll start off by saying this---we are a hell of a resilient community. I've made friends here that I've kept for years, and I know -none- of us (Except those that just bothered to spew crap at us) want to see it go. So here's my solutions---and it's open to whoever wants to talk.

I encourage especially too... Kretol, Grakor, Loxxy, and Reigen---as well as the other GM's to speak here about what they'd like.

First of all, I think we need to not pigeon hole ourselves. We have this wonderful website we can use---and we can devote it to more than one thing. Do we need a focal game to play in? Not really, no. We can all go where we'd like, and try to establish CoTH there.

Private servers? Yes, we can still have them. -Legally-. Minecraft, Terarria, Starbound, 7 days to die, project zomboid... the list goes on. There's plenty of free games we can move to, that -allow- for people to own private server.

Other MMO's. Darn tootin'. Let me name a few.

Guild wars 2.

Champions Online.

Archeage.

World of Warcraft (Obviously, with a sub.)

Secret World.

And many others. We -shouldn't- focus on any single one. We'd then -rely- on it. Just as we've relied on our private server. We now need to be a Roleplay community rather than a roleplay -server-, first and foremost.

And guys? Chins up. Don't get too sad. It sucks, yes... but... guys. We're all here, still. We all have eachother. We'll be okay. We'll just change.

We will -not- die. We will -not- let that happen, will we?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I mentioned this in the skype chat, but if something isn't worked out it's going to be inevitable that people will circle up and migrate in different directions. Personally, I'd like to invite people to RP on a private WoW RP server that hasn't been taken down if you want to continue your characters and storylines in a Cata WoW client.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
I want to mention that a backup forum should likely be made that we can register to, just if worst case comes around and the forum goes as well.
(01-22-2015, 01:11 PM)Geoni Wrote: I mentioned this in the skype chat, but if something isn't worked out it's going to be inevitable that people will circle up and migrate in different directions. Personally, I'd like to invite people to RP on a private WoW RP server that hasn't been taken down if you want to continue your characters and storylines in a Cata WoW client.

Man Geo, I'd agree with you but... I can't really leave CoTh right now. And I don't neccissarily agree that people will just leave. If we can all just make this a gaming community centered around RP, then we can stick together.

Is it really true the only thing that holds this together is a WoW server? I refuse to believe that. And if we start to focus on other stuff, we'll lose people either way.

I just think staying open and broad is the way to go.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'd love RP on Guild Wars 2 or The Secret World. I have a few other F2P MMOs as well.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I guess our only resort is to use the steam + Skype group?
Spoiler:
[Image: 2493598-darth_revan_by_unclesatan.png]
(01-22-2015, 01:15 PM)Harmonic Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 01:11 PM)Geoni Wrote: I mentioned this in the skype chat, but if something isn't worked out it's going to be inevitable that people will circle up and migrate in different directions. Personally, I'd like to invite people to RP on a private WoW RP server that hasn't been taken down if you want to continue your characters and storylines in a Cata WoW client.

Man Geo, I'd agree with you but... I can't really leave CoTh right now. And I don't neccissarily agree that people will just leave. If we can all just make this a gaming community centered around RP, then we can stick together.

Is it really true the only thing that holds this together is a WoW server? I refuse to believe that. And if we start to focus on other stuff, we'll lose people either way.

I'd very much argue that a WoW server is what's keeping us together. I mean, a community is one developed from a shared interest, so whether you guys disagree with the idea or not, if CotH doesn't get a new WoW server up, it's very likely that people are going to scatter elsewhere.

I'm all on board with keeping in touch and doing forum/skype RP for the time being.
(01-22-2015, 01:18 PM)Revan Wrote: I guess our only resort is to use the steam + Skype group?

Not really, no. I'm sure we can set up another forums if this one gets taken down.

Hell, this one should be okay too if we switch the assets. Might have to rename the domain to something.

(01-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Geoni Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 01:15 PM)Harmonic Wrote:

I'd very much argue that a WoW server is what's keeping us together. I mean, a community is one developed from a shared interest, so whether you guys disagree with the idea or not, if CotH doesn't get a new WoW server up, it's very likely that people are going to scatter elsewhere.

I'm all on board with keeping in touch and doing forum/skype RP for the time being.

I argue against it, if only from my own standpoint.

I come back for CoTH... WoW RP frankly is hard to get into. The community of people here has been enjoyable. To the point where when I go to pull people to other games for a time...

I farm here first. Heh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Additionally, there's the option to continue roleplaying on the forums. I'm thinking something similar to RPGChat, but with a clear Warcraft focus. Written roleplaying styles vary almost as much as in-game (length, rules, how to prioritize posting order if desired, and so on), but it's something.

It also doesn't suffer from client limitations, and Blizzard has been very positive towards fan writing that doesn't pose as the company or flagrantly names itself after a trademarked IP.
Eh, it's just that from my own standpoint I only see circles of friends if the WoW element were removed, and many of us don't really belong to one. That's all that would remain of the community, aside from the forums. But I digress since I'm just telling how I see it from my point of view.
I'm downloading NWN1 right now. Good for customization stuff, and low-poly enough that no one should feel afraid to make content for it.
I am 100% for continuing being a part of this wonderful community, whether via Skype/forum/etc. I do have GW2, and I recently DLed Archeage, so I'm down for any RP on those or another game if people have good suggestions!

Sorry CotH. You are stuck with me, whether you like it or not!
I'm still down for being part of this community no matter where it heads or the heartbreak I'm feeling right now. I'll follow it to any medium it goes to because I've made a lot of friends here and I'm not giving that up without a fight.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I have experience making GMOD RP servers if that is in the question. I can code a dark RP server pretty quickly.
"What we must do now is create ourselves—not re-create, but create. This is why it is cruel. When we first did this, we had all the energy of youth. We did not know that attaining our dreams would be impossible—we just went out and got them. Innocence shielded us. Enthusiasm and unflagging confidence got us through. But now we have none of that. Now we are old, wiser, tired."

-Vol'jin
When Star Citizen comes out I would most definitely want to make some sort of guild with the lot of you. Pirate, trading, mercenary, security, whatever... But we better name it Conquest of the Hoard if we become pirates.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community Inquiry: Forsaken Role Play and its future on CotH CappnRob 22 5,056 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Future expansions joeker917 7 1,443 04-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  The Future of Lordaeron (Not the Guild Unfortunately) SputnikRising 9 2,046 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Vlademar
  Future minor events Painkillah 9 1,660 04-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Painkillah