The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Great Big Blood Elf Talk Thread!
Here we go, a place to talk about all your Blood Elf worries.
Vaermina: So cold, yet she feels alive. On Death Row.
Bell: Arrogant yet kind-hearted. Crusader.
Gral'dar: Joyful and Alive.
Valia: Brilliant but easily confused. Expert Scientist/Engineer
Sala'driana: Too Flirtatious for her own good.
Thanks Vaer! So just to clear things up. The Sunwell is destroyed. From what I know, Kael should still be around Tempest Keep, Illidan still in Black Temple and Vashj still in Serpentshrine. Those three serve the Legion and from what I think, Kael doesn't give a rat's @$$ about anything but serving the Legion, so that the Legion can 'help' his people. So that's what I think is happening with the server lore. Only people who can clear this up for sure would be the GMs.
THERE ARE HARDLY ANY BLOOD ELVES HERE
WHERE ARE THE BLOOD ELVES?
:twisted:
˜★Sketch Blog
TwilightDisciple Wrote:THERE ARE HARDLY ANY BLOOD ELVES HERE
WHERE ARE THE BLOOD ELVES?
:twisted:

Oh quiet, you!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Hm, due to the incessant babble of Blood Elf lore, I hope this stays open for a -long- time so we don't have to listen to it In-Game. Anyways, if the need arises to babble about pretty, blonde people with pointy ears, just come here. Lore-Spam hurts.
Vaermina: So cold, yet she feels alive. On Death Row.
Bell: Arrogant yet kind-hearted. Crusader.
Gral'dar: Joyful and Alive.
Valia: Brilliant but easily confused. Expert Scientist/Engineer
Sala'driana: Too Flirtatious for her own good.
Seven years really isn't that much for a being that lives well over the 200 years, but it's been seven years ince Kael'thas left. It is clear that the Sunwell is not yet restored according to server lore, but according to Blizz's lore, it would be seven years since the Scryers not only defected from Kael's side, but actually started to fight him. And it that period of time it's hard to think there was no comunication between the Scryers and Silvermoon, now again, due to the elves long life span, this doesn't mean that it's necesary for a political change, infact due to the opresive and magicaly-controled nature of the Blood elves goverment, it would be more probable that the Scryers would be considered traitors to their kin, more than beliving their beloved leader and savior is now a "minion" of the Burning Crusade.

So in my opinion, I think this is what happened:

Kael'thas leaves Silvermoon, after he arrives in outland, he storms the Tempest Keep, and captures M'uru. Who is later send to Silvermoon along with Rommath. Stuff happens and Blood knights are born (basicaly a method to take the powers from M'uru), also Rommath teaches all blood elves how to suck arcanic energies out of other creatures (mostly fel creatures, since nobody'll miss 'em). This brings a lot of changes to them, becouse well...basicaly it's like a cocaine addict trying to treat his addiction by starting to smoke crack.

It's shortly after this (since in retail it's been barely a year since the portal open with TBC, quite absurd in my opinion :? ) that the Scryers leave Kael couse they guy went Psycho on their asses, so they join the Naaru, and start to fight against him, Illidan and etc. Now, due to blizz's crazy time conception, the elves back on Silvermoon, just don't know about Kael'thas latest antics, couse everything always JUST HAPPEND!! (sarcastic>OMG!!)

So far, so easy, just read the wiki, but now its where it start to get complicated...The Second Plague hits the history charts. I don't know how bad it got on the Silvermoon city itself (nor on anyother city, to be honest), if I'm not mistaken, the desease did reach mayor cities, and I would say it safe to asume that they were not completely devastated by it, since they still exist.

And going back on live span, and on the nature of their goverment, they probably used it to cover up and silence rumors of their beloved prince flipping his tunic. Thus securing their hold for a while longer.

PD: sorry for the long post and language, I tried my best to sumarize (It's always been hard for me, hehe).
I noticed it was mentioned above that Kael'thas Illidan and Vashj all serve the legion.

Kael'thas serves the legion. Illidan and Vashj DO NOT.

In the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, Illidan was summoned by Kil'jaeden to destroy the Lich King, which he failed to do; thus he incurred Kil'jaeden's wrath and became an enemy of the Legion. Vashj is still in full support of Illidan and by that means is also an enemy of the Legion. Kael'thas on the other hand has, in fact, secretly betrayed Illidan to serve the Legion instead. Though Illidan and Vashj still have a number of blood elves in their command, nearly all blood elves loyal to Kael'thas in Outland are also in the service of the Legion. (though in some cases it is unknown even to them)

To my knowledge, the Legion has yet to make an actual offensive against Illidan's forces, but according to the Burning Crusade manual, Illidan (as of the Burning Crusade) was expecting an offensive to be made and was "preparing accordingly" (which was revealed to be his main reason for creating the Fel Orc armies).

While the two factions (Illidari and Legion) never "officially" became enemies due to the number of other forces at work in Azeroth and Outland, the information noted above implies as such.

EDIT: One thing worth mentioning is that Illidan does still hold Magtheridon (a highly ranked agent of the legion) in captivity. That said I think it is more than safe to say that the Illidari and the Legion are enemies.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings, Back, Question on character choice. Talk to me :D Zason 8 1,624 09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Zason
  Custom Model Character Talk/Rant Thoradin 16 4,430 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: hiddengecko
  Great server 3 951 09-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  The on going talk of Marriage... Cressy 16 3,114 04-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Theik