The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Light
I've just been trying to read up on Blood elfs, and I stumbled upon this.

Quote:This reasoning also plays into how the blood elves successfully drained pure Light energy from the naaru to become Blood Knights, and paying no interest to the paladin credos of benevolence or balance with the universe (although regular paladins can unknowingly be corrupt).

Flionging a random question here, but does this mean the Blood Knights dont have to believe in the light or if they are doing good to use it?
They didn't need to believe in the light or that they were doing good because they were able to pull the light energy from the naaru. Think of it like a toy car: it drains energy from the battery in order to operate.
Krilari Wrote:They didn't need to believe in the light or that they were doing good because they were able to pull the light energy from the naaru. Think of it like a toy car: it drains energy from the battery in order to operate.

Except they don't do that anymore. They get it from the Sunwell now or something, I believe. So still no, but they're not draining a Naaru any longer.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
The Sunwell sates the Blood Elf's need to drain mana, it doesn't provide paladins with light power. Although because of the sunwell, many Ex-Paladins have felt "redeemed" and regain their powers, believing they are doing good again. But yes you are right, there not draining it from a naaru anymore.
Actually it was purified with Mu'ru's "spark". That made it into a sort of Light/Arcane hybrid that sates both needs.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
So they do need to believe there just is true like normal paladins?
Nope.

But they're Sin'dorei... so they usually believe they're right anyway.
Spoiler:
Volshi Wrote:I've just been trying to read up on Blood elfs, and I stumbled upon this.

Quote:This reasoning also plays into how the blood elves successfully drained pure Light energy from the naaru to become Blood Knights, and paying no interest to the paladin credos of benevolence or balance with the universe (although regular paladins can unknowingly be corrupt).

Flionging a random question here, but does this mean the Blood Knights dont have to believe in the light or if they are doing good to use it?

No, they do believe in the Light, I can't go into detail now so I'll wait for Piroska or someone else to do it! :D

They get their power from the Naaru now.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
While the Sunwell was restored using the spark of M'uru, there is still a lot of speculation regarding what type of energy it now provides. The confusion is the result of this statement made by the Prophet Velen following Kil'jaeden's defeat at Sunwell Plauteau:

Quote:In time, the light and hope held within - will rebirth more than this mere fount of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation.
The use of the word "light" has led a number of people into believing that the Sunwell is now a source of Light-based energy rather than its original Arcane. I've personally believed that it instead refers to a nebulous concept -- such as hope and good and right -- rather than the actual energy. However, there is no concrete evidence that gives credence to either supposition.

If the Sunwell does in fact serve as a source of Light-based energy, it is very possible that paladins could instead draw on that rather than having to follow the twin rules of belief that govern other paladins. I'm of the opinion, however, that using the Sunwell as a medium to draw on the Light would probably limit the amount of power that can be drawn. It took the original magisters months to learn how to take M'uru's Light energy and then transfer it to others; they may have to learn how to do so with the Sunwell if it had changed. This is entirely my own conjecture, however.

It's important to note that there has been a substantial shift in the dogma of the Blood Knights. Their leader, Lady Liadrin, has realized the error of her ways (she was the first to draw power from M'uru, using it to reclaim her original powers with the Light; as a priestess, she'd lost them when she grew disenchanted with the Light following the rampant destruction of both Quel'thalas and the Sunwell). She serves the naaru now in Shattrath -- though it's very possible that her revelation has influenced the Blood Knights. Her right hand, Lord Solanar Bloodwraith, now serves as head of the organization. Furthermore, Liardrin pledged the Order to the naaru and their goals.

This makes it unlikely that the Blood Elves would turn to the Sunwell in order to get access to the Light, assuming that it is now a Light-based entity.

Quote:They get their power from the Naaru now.
I'd be wary in stating that they directly get their power from the naaru. Instead, it's more accurate to state that the blood elves -- at least, those that were followers of the Holy Light of Creation -- have reclaimed their lost faith and also increased their numbers. As a result, they now are able to access the Light through conventional means.

While the naaru can be a source of Light, there's not the sole source. They may be providing some of their energy, but it's probably more likely that the sin'dorei's use of the Light is just using the energy rather than drawing on it directly from the naaru. A very minute distinction, but something to keep in mind!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warcraft 1 Light quote. hyenaskate 9 2,055 07-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Shadow in the light... Priests! Kenert 34 3,553 07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Official: Forsaken and the Light Mortiphobia 8 1,274 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  In the light of recent events Loxmardin 63 10,064 04-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Azheron
  The Light, Naaru and Draenei Bovel 2 874 02-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Bovel