The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Outcasts
...The Outcasts...

"Strenght Through Unity, Patience & Discipline"

[Image: vinyl_wall_art_decal_sticker_predator_cl...345f62.jpg]
Who are we?
"We are a family. But we are also a unit."

The Outcasts are group primarily consisted of worgen. As such it works as a pack. However the pack is open to all, horde or alliance. What originally started as a small fashion sense by a couple of friends is expanding daily. Upon realizing how big they are becoming, how fast they are expanding, the group has adopted an official name, an attire or uniform if you will. The original creation of the group had no intention of doing what it is today or accepting those who it is, today. But as the name says The Outcasts have a certain family factor to them. They are there to keep each other happy as they are a very close and tight knit group. Every day spent with them reveals something new and barely a day goes by without conflict with other entities.

"Hm. More militaristic than I thought..."

The Outcasts have a strict chain of command. Despite the relaxed leading style and group functionality, do not mistake them as a group who leads itself. Ranks are made up to fit the expanding group. Every day there is something new, someone new. Creativity of young minds is ever so present. Suggestions and ideas are always welcomed, but it is the leader who makes the final decision. When off duty or out of battle , they relax, drink up, party. None of it is forbidden. Good morale is mandatory for a working unit. One growl of the leader and the discipline is restored. The Worgen within the pack react to energies sent to them. By joining, they accept the fact that there is an alpha within the group. At times, a single spark of negativity can send them all into a frenzy if the alpha feels like it. Any other races accept him as the boss himself. The group is being slowly adapted to the different joining races, as such the ferocity of the pack is sometimes staved off by spirits and personalities of those who do not carry the curse. There for other races are welcomed to the equation.

"You look like the white version of defias to me..."

Quite the contrary, we won't kill you, we won't steal your things and rob you blind. We will not even insult you unless you insult us first. Test our patience and you will feel our wrath. There is nothing worse than a pack gone wild. The group is oriented towards neutral to good alignment. It is more likely they help people rather than ignore them or attack. The Outcasts got their name from helping those who simply do not fit in the harsh, misunderstanding and ignorant society of Azeroth.

"Pay them no attention, such pathetic fools do not deserve our attention."

You may provoke until kingdom comes but you will get no response until you go full offensive with a weapon. The group maintains its honorable and friendly outlook to all. Racism, war banners, hate, distrust, patriotism, faith, all fall on deaf ears when it comes to this group. The group is more focused on what their members want and not what the others around the group want. Hence why they tend to isolate themselves and build hideouts, working in secret, away from those who would provoke them. This group is purely focused on independance. Any attempt of control by foregin elements will be staved off. Help is welcomed, control is not.

"Seed distrust in my group and I'm gonna maul your face off."

The Outcasts are very hostile to those who aim to disband their group. Seeding hate and distrust is as if planting a dagger into the back of an ally. Any such attempts will end up with a straight up frontal assault or removal from the general area. You may find them simply marching out due to such behavior by certain elements if within a lawful area. They are very protective of their own but that does not mean they are irrational. Every step is carefully considered.

What do we do?
"Survival of this group is the most important thing I can think of. Through survival we will find purpose and a goal."

That's just it, there is no permanent group goal. Families are there to support each other. Despite the militaristic outlook, it is what it is. A giant family of misunderstood and outcasted. In such a group those who would never dream of being accepted among others, are welcomed and taken care of. But this generosity does not extend to all. The Outcasts do not accept those mentally ill nor evil. Balance is important to the group. Happiness even more. As such they often venture out to find inner peace for a member. The whole pack follows one man or woman until their worries are quelled and their curiosity quenched.

"We will stand by your side."

The pack is obligated to help those in need within their pack. If it means finding inner peace for a member, then so be it. Whatever may follow a member from the past, will be accepted, handled and fixed, temporairly or permanently, it remains to be seen. However this does not mean the patience of the pack is to be tested. Everything has a limit to it, modesty goes both ways. They will protect their own with claws, fangs, swords, magic, light and shadow. Everything at their disposal will be used no matter what. If one is dying, then let them all die in the same spot. Alas such thoughts are generally frowned upon, no one gets left behind.

"It is an honor to support The Dwarven Regiment and stand by their side today. Truly, you have been good friends to us. We will gladly spill blood in your name and defend the dwarven lands."

The Outcasts are allied to The Dwarven Regiment. Through numerous interactions these two entities have grown closer. The Outcasts feel and see them as allies, if The Dwarven Regiment is under attack they will protect. As such, it is often that the regiment it self is acompanied by The Outcasts. They may not however support any operations directly versus the horde due to their open doors towards horde members, same goes for alliance. But this does not mean that The Outcasts may allow those willing to help to march out under the regiments banners. The latest operation with the regiment was very succesful. Currently located in Loch Modan the way they are, The Outcasts merely wait upon the word of their contacts within the regiment to return and help out their dwarven allies. It is told that the next fight may involve The Twilight Hammers.

"Set sail!"

The recent joining of a blood elf death knight has left The Outcasts with a boat and a very good friend, a member, a fellow outcast. When stressed, lacking rest and relaxation. The Outcasts sail away to the open sea. Often calling it a party boat, however it is not just that. It is used for warfare and the ship is well maintaned by the crew. They use it for transport and sometimes as a temporary base. Away from the troubled world of today, it is often they do as such as times within The Outcasts can be stressful and there's plenty of reasons why. Fishing, dancing, partying is a favorite past time when off duty. However going overboard may lead to consequences and punishment.

"The Naga will return, we must leave, lest some of us die in return."

This group has had several skirmishes against the naga during an attempt to settle an island. There for they feel that the naga are a natural enemies and will often go out of their way to assault them if the opportunity arrises. The Naga however by capturing prisoners have driven some to join The Outcasts. As such, The Outcasts pursue this oppertunity and liberate those who are still alive within capture. After several battles, victories and minimal losses thanks to the spell casting elements within the group and their healers. They managed to keep their friends alive and successfully leave the island. They still have a strong feeling of the said island being home and a lot of them miss it. It may lead to them returning and attempting to reconquer it.

Where do I sign up? How do I join? What are the requirements?
"First, you hang out with us, then we see if you are Outcast material."

The Outcasts do not recruit openly. If you are Outcast material you will be approached and given the offer. This does not stop you from asking to join. The responses may depend on what you did for the group, how many of them like you. A spark of distrust may prevent you from joining. They are very careful who they accept into the close and tight knit group. Ability to socialize and display friendship, emotion towards others is welcomed and cherrished. It is not a requirement, but don't expect to easily slide in if you can't open your self to those who would see you as family. Those who are still proving themselves are considered recruits. Those who have proven themselves are promoted to pack members.

"Cut out the attitude."

If you give off an attitude or a negative vibe, do not expect your self to be accepted. You will be frowned upon and left to shower in your own negativity. The Outcasts are a selected group of trusted individuals who will stand for each other and support. Not cast a shadow of anger, greed, hate and doubt. They will not take kindly to display of any negative attitude or simplicity in form of stupidity.

"Do not let yourself be consumed by that which haunts you."

Outcasts often sit and converse, talking about their problems, ways of resolving them. They open their hearts to each other, sharing their worries, their pasts and things they regret. Judging a pack member for confessing is considered an insult and you will suffer consequences for it. Everyone has their reasons to why they did something. They may not be best, but some events force people to do things they will regret. As such, you must be understanding.

"You ignorant fool."

Ignorance is severly frowned upon. Do not bring it to the group, do not spread it and if you do, do not expect yourself to become a member. Be reasonable, be rational, be understanding, helpful. If you cannot help do not cause further damage. Demotions, warnings, forced removals may happen if you do not fit in or simply keep on spreading negativity all around you. If you cannot understand then do not frown upon it. Ask your friends to help you understand. The worgen curse for an example, the hunger of a death knight and the like.

"I can't fight...I don't know how to."

The Outcasts have people from all walks of life, they will offer the training needed if the person in question wishes to partake in. They will lead the pack member to forming courage, honor and skill for himself or herself. They will use their allies to give proper guidence. If the member cannot fight, if the member wishes not to fight. The member is taken care of by the rest of the pack and will be accepted like any other. The Outcasts are not just a warband of fighters.

What are the ranks?
"We said we are a unit, but we use pack ranks, a pack is a family, and there for it is only fitting."

Leader - Every pack has its alpha, the dominant entity which commands all. By brute force or by voluntary acceptance by those below him. His decisions are final. One may not challenege him to take over the pack. As one may not challenge a general to take his rank.
Alpha

Ranks of Honor - Ranks of Honor mean you have done something for the group. Alpha female being mainly titular. The rank means the said female has done something for the leader, offered him stability, patience and guidence. The elder rank being reserved to those who are of old age. And often, old age brings wisdom which the pack needs. These people often influence the decisions of the alpha and their opinions are sought after.
Alpha Female
Pack Elder

Ranks of Members - These ranks are the ranks of members as mentioned. They come from all walks of life with different skills, they are approved, accepted and welcomed. They are expected to understand the ways of The Outcasts.
Pack Warrior
Pack Hunter
Pack Druid
Pack Knight
Pack Mage

Proving Ranks:
Pack Recruit

Any rules I should know?
"All of that should have been clear by now. But here you are."

1. Do not question the alpha. By joining you accept him as your defacto leader.

2. Joining is voluntary. If you join as such, then you are expected to subject your self to the rules and demands of the pack.

3. You must wear a uniform. The uniform is consisted of our tabard and cloak. The rest of your garments must be white.
3.1. Your uniform must match the color of your mount.

4. Do not insult, attack, judge, destroy our property, allies and members.

5. Do not reveal our purpose, location, names, pasts and history to anyone. Such information is given out to the trusted and only on a need to need basis.

6. Cherish the pack, help it go through hard times. Do not spread negativity and do not attempt to bring it down.

7. Smile, be happy. If you got a problem, ask the pack to help you resolve it.

8. Do not doubt that the pack will not listen to what you have to say. You will always be listened to.

9. Do not go overboard with taking "pleasure" within intoxicating your self with various substances. You will be punished if you do.

10. Respect your fellow members and those around you.
10.1. Do not allow yourself to fall to provocations of others.
10.2. Do not provoke others for no reason.
10.3. Do not spread lies, deceit and hatred.

11. Do not abandoned or betray a fellow pack member in the heat of battle and outside it.

12. Do not bring unwanted attention to us.

OOC Rules:

1. Do not insult people OOCily.

2. If you have run into problems with the administration, it is likely you will be removed. We don't want such people within our group or to be associated with such. We abide with what GMs have to say, so will you.

3. Respect everyone and keep a nice dose of humor to yourself.

4. Do not rage when things do not go your way. Take a break if you have to.

5. Activity is encouraged and that is the only way guilds survive. Inactivity is tolerated, we understand people have their lives to go about. However, the less people on, the less its fun and the less we can do. Activity will be rewarded.

6. Note that this guild is not open to all, some people may be forcefully isolated, removed and avoided. We wish to associate our guild with positive thoughts and feelings. We have no intention of bringing drama to our group.

7. It is encouraged to get along with people OOCily and to get in contact via skype.
7.1. It is encouraged to join the skype group.
What the heck are they outcasted from...?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Society. We don't get along with it.
...Like.

...All societies?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm gonna make this very simple. The Outcasts never recruited openly, people came to them and it grew. Further more, yes all socities. Hence why IC hideouts, independance and avoidence of others. Death Knights are often called deaders, insulted and the like. Along with worgen, who are provoked, called dogs and similar. There for, they stuck together and moved on away from the said socities aka giant capitals. Prefering to stick together and avoid others.

People who shared their opinions and saw them as good companions joined up. Many of the members have certain IC issues and find refuge within the group. Pretty much a group of those who were not accepted by others and were looked down upon.
Isn't the Dwarven Regiment centered around like... society and the like though? I mean, you state that you're allied with them, but... that'd make this an alliance heavy guild that has some allegiance, right?

It doesn't sound that easy, but actually rather complicated.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

The Dwarven Regiment is a group who had helped The Outcasts in several tight spots with issues that are not related to Alliance/Horde war. The Outcasts do not involve themselves in fighting the horde nor the alliance. They do involve themselves in fighting The Twilight Hammers and other enemies which are not directly affiliated with The Alliance or The Horde.

Like the current regiment deployment in the Loch. Which is against the hammers themselves.

The Dwarven Regiment is only interacted with during battles. Once the battle is done, The Outcasts leave the same way they came. 90% of the time any interaction by The Outcasts is not with the society around them, but with themselves. However as much as they avoid exterior contact, it will happen. Once it does, its short.

Dwarves may be the only people who have not exactly hurt any of The Outcasts and who have accepted them to an extent. But The Outcasts don't see Ironforge as home nor the dwarves as their brethren. So they remain independant, roam and do what they want.

The only society they will accept and associate themselves with, is their own.
So, they're not really outcasts, but more just antisocial, then. Outcast suggests usually that they've been "Kicked out" of society, not withdrawn from it. That's why I was confused, because if you're outcasted---usually that means you're kicked out of a place and if you try to come back, you'll either be thrown out, tossed in jail, or... killed.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Sorrowfang the leader probably. Because he has certain enemies and has tried to hide his identity several times, hence he did some bad things and the regiment offered support. Sorrowfang visiting Stormwind is very unlikely due to paladins and the like. Not to mention several IC reasons which are undisclosed. Visiting it due to some paladins is out of the question hence "Outcast", outcasted from Stormwind, unofficially. A certain paladin swore "justice" on him.

Others pretty much joined up for their own reasons and feelings as to why the name applies to them.

But if you are anti social and avoid others, doesn't that mean you outcast your self from society? None the less the name stays and they are what they are.
No. Society doesn't disown those that are anti-social, those that are anti-social disown society. Outcast doesn't fit those that withdraw themselves. That's something they do to themselves.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I don't see what is your point? The name stays.

EDIT: And to be honest, I don't feel like summing up everyones story as to why and how it became to be the way it is. I'd have walls of texts to write.
My point was what I stated, it just... I assumed that they were actual outcasts, hence why I asked. The name is confusing, and I couldn't find anything in the post that explains why they called themselves that, or.. what they were outcasted from. I can see why you'd keep the name, it just overall doesn't sound too fitting for the group, it's goals, or... anything other than describing maybe the guild leader.

Just trying to offer some insight, I suppose.

Edit: And I'm not saying sum up everyone's story. BUT, explaining why the -group- calls themselves that would be pretty good.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Like I said. Everyone has a reason to why they joined and why they feel the name is fitting. Hence why people are analyzed and seen if they are actually outcast material. It's same as if wondering why is Stormwind called the way it is. Trust me when I say there is detailed IC reasons to why and when. I'm just doing ten different things to be able to explain properly and even if I did I'd have to go over two months of roleplay.

The identity of groups is never changed, it would be as if changing a company name for some silly reason, IRL.

EDIT:

Quote:The Outcasts got their name from helping those who simply do not fit in the harsh, misunderstanding and ignorant society of Azeroth.
But... it's not silly. They aren't really outcasts. The group as a whole isn't outcasted, they are misanthropes. They overall---as a whole, can go anywhere they wish as an organization. Some can't go certain places, I'm sure... but it sounds like most fall under the category of "We don't fit in".

I understand perfectly what you're trying to explain---but the word Outcast -suggest- they are not welcome places. Not that they don't -feel- welcomed or part of society, but that they are -actually- restricted from going places.

Outcast does not mean misunderstood, misanthropic, or ostracized. I means "Get the heck out of here, you ain't welcome here unless we gon' kill yeh!"

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

This is a bit excessive. I'm sure this discussion can be taken to PMs. :B