The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Stormwind Army
[Image: 341px-Uncle_Lothar_Wants_YOU_by_Lions_of_Stormwind.jpg]

"In service to the Crown we have endured. Orcs and Demons, Undead and Traitors. We have fended off the worse that the world and beyond can offer. We are the nameless, faceless Sons and Daughters of the Alliance. The wall that protects the innocent from harm. In the name of His Majesty, King Varian Wrynn, we will prevail over any threat."

Led by Colonel Ulrach Wayland, the Elwynn Brigade is being called upon to act gloriously in the name of the King of Stormwind. The Brigade is in need of new recruits to engage in military operations.

The operations include engagements in multiple theaters of war across the globe. Tol Barad, Swamp of Sorrows, The Barrens, etc...

------ Overview-------

Basically this guild is meant to be an avenue for those that want to make characters a part of the Stormwind Army. As far as I have been told, it is fine to do. Kretol even told me that as long as it is brought up in the Priv-Desc forums, you can even be promoted past Corporal.

As we all know, the lowest ranks one can make freely in the Army are Private and Corporal, and the different sub-ranks in between. So I am assuming that, based on accurate performance due to In-game actions and what-have-you, it is very possible to reach Officer rank (Lieutenant, Captain, Major, so on.)

Now, as to the guild itself, we will be taking part in a handful of campaigns. Soon enough, the ball will be rolling on a Tol Barad Campaign, and who knows after that?

-----Ranks-----

Colonel; the Commanding Officer of Elwynn Brigade. Filled by Ulrach Wayland.

Major; Second-in-Command of the Brigade, position currently empty.

Captain; Leaders of individual groups within the Brigade; Three positions are currently empty. Captain of Arathi Company is Mirran West.

Lieutenant; The 'In-Between Rank', these men and women serve multiple purposes on and off the field of battle.

Sergeant; The lowest rank of Officers, Sergeants fill multiple roles. Doing everything from training to taking inventory.

Corporal; Men and Women on the right track to a better future, taking on more responsibilities than others.

Private; The beginners, the newly recruits. The Men and Women who seek to test their mettle against what the world has to offer.

Non-Combat; The Army has several non-combat roles available to those that wish to aid, but fear harm. These roles might include Quartermaster, Cook, Clerk, Armorer, and so on.

Mercenary; Mercenaries are sought after by the Army for the extra man-power, however they are generally placed on a Need-to-Know basis, where they don't need to know until it happens.

[Image: FirstRecruitPoster.png]
Credit to Altaine for this! Finding, or making it!

-----Rules-----

The OOC Rules are simple; obey the Server Rules. If I hear that 'X' said 'Z' about 'Y', you will be removed and subsequently reported to a GM about the matter.

The IC Rules are also fairly simple.

1. Obey the orders given to you by your CO's. (Sergeants to the Colonel)
2. The Mission comes first, always. These mission objectives are exactly that because they are for the betterment of the Alliance. Fail, and you fail your homeland.
3. In-fighting is not tolerated. There is a reason why the men and women that fight with you are called your Brothers and Sisters.
4. Maintain your post. If you are given orders to defend a location, remain there. Being caught AWOL can mean severe punishment.

-----Other------

I am free and open to any and all suggestion for this. If there is a problem with anyone lording power over other characters, feel free to contact me immediately, if not a GM for whatever reason.

Also, any and all Alliance affiliated races are welcome to join. The Stormwind Army isn't 100% human.

Whisper Ulrach ingame if you are interested, or post away here. Whichever works.

[Image: AllianceCrest.png]

Note:

I have convinced Kretol to allow Sergeants to be played without the creation of a Special Profile. Please note, however, that it can only be a -BASE- Sergeant. No ranks above can just 'join', so to speak. Also, concerning Ranking up. Kretol has said that it is fine for me to promote someone to the rank of a Special Profile, without them having to make a special profile. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CHARACTER HAS TO EARN THE PROMOTION. I wont award the rank of Lieutenant to some private that just joined five minutes ago. YOU HAVE TO RANK UP MANY TIMES TO GET TO ONE OF THESE POSITIONS. And even then it is at my discretion, only I can determine who might get that promotion to Captain or whatnot, even if your CO says 'Oh yeah he's worth it'.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Ok, I got it fixed up right. You may cease ignoring this for said previous moment.

What's the stance of actual military ranks from Alliance in comparison to these? And where do the Colonel & Major stand?
Kimaira's characters Post-Cata:
Nehemia - Death Knight - Blood elf - Alive
Rayleigh - Lt. Commander - Human - Alive
Bonefletcher - Lightslayer - Forsaken - Alive
Selarin - Sentinel - Night Elf - Alive [To be profiled]
Rem - Berserker - Troll Alive
Beatrix - Paladin - Human Alive [To be profiled]
Kimaira's Feedback Thread (in case you are interested in throwing in some feedback)
There's a list of actual ranks right hhmeere... http://www.wowpedia.org/Title under Return of PvP titles in Cataclysm. Also, I believe there is a book floating around somewhere in Elwynn... or at least there used to be.

Very nice presentation buddy. Wish I'd be around to join in. I'll be back eventually though.

Strange, the link is different than if you simply look up Title on wowwiki. It's still, there but you get a better list if you search it on the site.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
The Actual Alliance ranks are the same ones based on the actual ranks from the PvP system as well as NPC's. I did take the freedom to use the United States Army Ranking system as well.

Major is a general step (excluding things like sub-ranks, such as First Class, Second Class, Master Chief, Petty Officer, and whatnot,) below Colonel.

Colonel itself is a step below Marshal, which is also seen with NPC's such as Colonel Kurzen and Colonel Troteman from Stranglethorn and Redridge respectively.

I might also due the Sub-ranks if I feel that people have performed well enough, but maybe not well enough to get an entire step up.

So a Corporal might be promoted to Lance Corporal, instead of Sergeant.

Hopefully that answered your question and then some.

/ninja
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Ah, so respectively: Colonel = Commander.
Kimaira's Feedback Thread (in case you are interested in throwing in some feedback)
Sort of? Like I said, I took the liberty of using NPC's ranks such as the examples above and the United States Army Ranking system.

An Alliance Army guild? Come at us, bro.
(07-06-2013, 08:23 AM)Thoradin Wrote: Sort of? Like I said, I took the liberty of using NPC's ranks such as the examples above and the United States Army Ranking system.

Aye, just wanted to see some clearance to avoid awkward meet ups with other military guys, two officers standing there staring at each other... Not having clue who'm should salute and who.
I see, well, there are many ranks displayed in-game that aren't featured in the PvP Rank system. So Commander might be lower or higher than Colonel, depending on the source one might go to. I think Commander is lower than Colonel in the US Army system. I think.

Regardless, I would welcome that opportunity at any time, hehe.

Streamlined ranks never hurt anyone anyway!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
If I wasn't leaving for the real life military I would totally do this.
Bumping this to hopefully gauge some interest. You don't -have- to be in the Army to be in the guild. We hire Mercenaries as well!

I'll be sure to join on Bordas once I get access to my PC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stormwind's Royal Hussars Altaine 14 2,934 01-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  Residents Of Stormwind Traid 2 989 01-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jester
  Alliance Volunteer Army ForsakenSoul 3 1,361 11-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Rucifel