The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Ultimate RP Addon
As the title says, this is perhaps, the ultimate in RP addons. EVERYONE that roleplays should have this addon installed.

Firstly, it's name. Verisimilar.

Now, what it does.

It allows you to take game NPC's and give them new text and quests. Everything appears like it exists already in the game.

Now, you might be thinking "Why is that so great?".

Well, think about it like this. If you are in a guild, you can setup daily quests for the members of that guild. Or you can setup special quests for higher ranking members.

The addon is limited, in that you cannot yet create custom items. Only NPCs and quests. That is supposed to be added in the future, however.

The addon comes preinstalled with a demonstration session, to show you how it works.

Here are the slash commands:
/vgm - Opens the GM console for the addon. Only useful if you plan on creating custom quests.
/verisimilar - Opens the Player console. This allows you to connect to sessions.

To run the demo, open the Player console, check the Find Session button, type in your own character name, and right click the Demo Session. Click Connect to join the session.

That's the beauty of this addon. You only see the custom stuff if you are part of a session. And session's can be passworded, so others can't join in without permission.

This next part is for Alliance characters only. After joining the Demo Session, race to the palace in Stormwind. Talk to King Wrynn. He should have a speech balloon when you talk to him.

This was added by the quest, and will start you on the demo session, to see how things work.

I strongly recommend everyone download and install this. The possibilities for it's RP potential are staggering.

I downloaded it here this morning:
http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=7006
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
This seems very interesting.

I'll give it a try. :3

Might help RP a lot. ;o
Things I have loved I'm allowed to keep,
I'LL NEVER KNOW IF I GO TO SLEEP.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It does sound fun... however, I don't want people to get the idea that with this they have "control" over NPC's, or that this will affect how said NPC will treat you. Meaning, if you have a guild set up in a bar, and there is a bouncer NPC, I wouldn't be to fond of people setting up a quest with him and expecting it to mean that all members would be able to start barfights and he wouldn't react.

All in all, if you use it, be responsible. Heh.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've been looking at it and from what I can see it doesn't fully work, I tried to get people to join a session I created but it didn't work.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I like to think that if you're going to give an existing NPC a quest, try and keep it in the character of that NPC.

As far as I know, Tirion Fordring is not a raging boozehound who wants you to beat on some skeletons because they took his mug of ale.
Naturally you'd have to use common sense in the quests you made.

Tales, I don't know why you are having problems. There are pdf manuals in the addon folders though, that might help.

From my playing around with it, here are some things to watch out for:
1) Quest Addons
I had Carbonite installed, and it was set to automatically watch new quests. When I got the quest from Wrynn, it crashed me. I turned the watch new quests part off, and it worked fine after that.

2) When you create a session, the only way people can join it is while you are logged in I believe. The Find Session button works by Querying players, so I think you would have to do that.

Members are gonna have to have the addon installed to do anything with it. It comes with two folders, one for GM's to create stuff, and one for players to join in.

I used the /verisimilar command to open the player window. Find Session for "Ariannah" to get my personal sessions to open, and then right clicked Demo Session and Connect.

After that, I spoke to Varian Wrynn, and after the one dialog option, a quest appeared. I accepted, and then traveled to the Trade District of Stormwind, to one of the two guards who stand just in front of that fountain ((outside where the AH is)).

Now, this guard is a non-interactive. He does not have a dialog window when you right click him. To offset this, an image of his head appears in the minimap. If you left click on this, the addon forces a dialog window to open, thus continuing your quest.

I then traveled to the Old District and did the same thing with another character.

He told me to go find Hogger, so I traveled to where he customarily spawns. Another head image on the minimap, and I then have to kill 10 of the gnolls. It keeps track of your kills, just like a real quest, upon which you talk to Hogger again.

He sends you back to Wrynn, where the quest chain ends.

That is the entire demo session.

Quest rewards are not implemented yet. So you can't automatically reward somebody. You can, as a session creator, see who has completed quests, so that you can mail them rewards after completion.

The manuals point out some addons that don't work well with this, but for the most part, I only had trouble with Carbonite in trying to watch quests, and Prat threw up an error about player names, I believe because of the NPCs.

This addon is probably best served with using the generic NPCs. That way, you can setup a personality as you see fit.

Also, about the barfight thing. For that to happen, the players would all have to join the same session. If you aren't connected to a session, you won't see the minimap icons for NPCs, or their conversations when you speak to them.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
I have personally downloaded it, and am trying it out. I suggest at least DL in-case you in to throw it up for an impromptu-awesomesauce-rp.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
That's a really cool add-on. I gotta download it! In fact, i'm going to download it right now!
That's a really cool add-on. I gotta download it! In fact, i'm going to download it right now!
I used to use this with a guild not so long ago and I entirely forgot about it! So thanks for the reminder.
I used to use this with a guild not so long ago and I entirely forgot about it! So thanks for the reminder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DICEx a dice rolling addon DuskWolf 5 1,953 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DuskWolf
  Piroska's Ultimate Timeline Beltharean 9 1,838 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Easy Combat Roller [ a RP roller Addon] DuskWolf 10 2,299 05-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Last Post: DuskWolf
  Tongues addon needed! Clurk 6 2,356 04-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Clurk
  Addon Recommendations? Kaghuros 8 1,734 04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Clurk