The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Weary Paladin.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing wow since AQ, and looking for something different. The RP servers on retail are just full of trolls, and I really do miss the old Wrath expansion!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, I speak english natively, and am Intermediate in speaking and understanding french.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was in the navy back in 2006, a shipmate of mine introduced me to it. I've been playing ever since!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looking around at 3.3.5 servers, and found this one. The RP element caught my eye.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy RP where I can be part of a group taking action. Tavern RP can be fun too, but that usually doesn't go anywhere. I want to be in that group that is valiantly attacking the Lich King, or the group that's patrolling the capitol, looking for troublemakers!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I enjoy playing Human Paladins, or Goblin Death Knights. Humans are incredibly easy to figure out a backstory for, and I enjoy having a paladin that isn't as devout as most, but follows the light because he has no choice. As far as goblins, they're just fun!

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be part of a mature, troll-free RP community!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like how it is specifically mentioned that there is no godmoding, power or meta gaming allowed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

*slurp.*
Amethrel placed his empty mug back onto the table and beckoned the barkeep.
"Reese. REESE! It'sh empty again. Dunno how that keepsh happenin'."
Reese Langston, the Pig and Whistle's tavernkeeper, approached the table.
"Look, paladin, I think you've had enough. Do we really need to go through this every day?"
He looked the old paladin in the eyes, and saw the same thing he saw every night. Tired, weary eyes that had seen more than he could ever imagine. Reese sat down in the seat next to the paladin.
"What happened to you, Amethrel?"
"I ran ... out of beer... *hic* ... that's what."
"I'll make you a deal. You tell me what you're trying to drink away, and I'll get you another one."
Amethrel slowly turned to look at the barkeep. "You want a story, boy? I'll give ya a story you'll ne'er forget. Bring us a beer, and close up shop. yer gonna be here for a while."
And the tavernkeep did.

Find Amethrel in the Pig and Whistle, and you might be able to hear his story too!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I don't like to give away the entire story to my characters right away, hence the above story's abrupt ending. Hopefully it's intriguing!
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, holy heck, finally another person that's been playing since 1.8.0, just like me. Yay! Also, Paladins are great. One of my favorite classes, in fact. But following the Light is hardly something you can force on someone. Like with most faiths, individual belief is required, and that's a voluntary thing. You can't really -make- someone fling around Light, so unless it's about saving people/doing the right thing, you generally have a choice in the matter.

Oh, and thanks for the story!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paladin's Introduction! PaladinKOSP 2 776 09-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Introduction of a paladin! Simze 1 700 05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  A Paladin of the Light. Sybil 3 1,162 02-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Harmonic