The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The arrival of Zetchryn
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone! I am Zetchryn. I'm currently just an average person working retail until I begin taking classes in the coming fall. I'm hoping to become a nurse, since I enjoy helping people. I've been RPing for at least ten years now, coming from pen and paper beginnings all the way through to WoW and other MMOs. I have done it all from player to DM/ST (storyteller), and I love taking that experience and using it to create rich stories that everyone can enjoy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the USA, and I primarily speak English, though I am also learning Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had several friends who used to play it, growing up, and I also played the strategy versions of it which I got for various Christmas gifts. When I finally got my own job and such, I started to play WoW, and was drawn in by the story.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well... To be honest, a google search. I've been playing various MMOs the past few months, and had quit WoW after the Mists of Pandaria patch due to... well, the game changing too much. In every game I played, roleplay was nearly nonexistent, and the little bits I did find couldn't quite capture my heart the same way as Warcraft and other "classic" rpgs had. In desperation, I decided to see if there were any private RP specific servers for WoW, and sure enough, there were.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh all kinds. I love telling a good story, first and foremost. I like coming up with unique ideas and showing others interesting things. But, to narrow it down... I love the interactions between each character in social situations, and I adore intrigue within organizations/factions.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hmm... that has two answers. It would have more, but since the server is running WotLK, I can cut out a few.
To PLAY/Game mechanics, I love druids, especially night elf druids.
But as far as lore goes? Forsaken (undead) and Warlocks. Even better when they're the same person. I love the story of the Forsaken, and the various interesting ways in which being undead affects RP. I also love Warlocks for much the same reasons. Using fel magic in that way is GOING to have consequences, no matter what they may kid themselves. Between that and their summoned demons, and thus throwing in another character with which to RP? They become rather interesting.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well... Expectations is a strong term. I really don't expect much of this server. Hopes, on the other hand... I hope that this is an active and vibrant community, with which I hope to create many interesting stories.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, respect. On so many MMOs, respect is so hard to come by that when I find a kind and respectful player, it always sticks out in my memory. That alone caught my attention. Oh, and being "always" IC is an added bonus.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"It isn't a hard question. Can you do it, or can't you?"

The priest scratched at his chin, frowning as a bit of flesh flaked off with the movement. Being a shadow priest, his connection to his earthly body was decaying a little more with each day, hastening his decomposition that was otherwise delayed by the plague. But it mattered little. Soon, he would leave the body behind entirely, becoming one with the Shadow that embraced them all.

"I can, but that isn't the issue here. When you go around messing with people's minds, there is no telling what the results could be. I can't even guarantee that he'll be sane afterwards."

The necromancer growled, his black robes fluttering slightly in some silent breeze.
"I don't care what the results are, only that it can be done. The Dark Lady wants us to try it, and if he comes back as a vegetable or a ghoul, then there is no harm. But if we succeed... Think of how we'll be rewarded!"

The priest sighed, shaking his head, but finally shrugged.
"Very well. She wants to test this so much? Let's try it."

The Forsaken opened his eyes.
As first sights went, it wasn't a very pleasant one, surrounded by stone as he was. Still, it was better then not seeing. He took a moment, looking at his surroundings. A crypt, some dim part of his mind told him. This was a place for the dead. Then why was he here?

"Ah, so you're awake." A voice said nearby. He forced his stiff muscles to move, turning his head towards the speaker. Before him was a corpse, yet it was standing, holding a lantern in one rotted hand.

"Tell me... what do you remember? What's your name?" It asked, tilting its head.

For a moment, the Forsaken was... confused. He couldn't remember anything. Nothing at all. And then suddenly, like a flood, he was hit by a wave of images and words, none of which made sense at first. He writhed, for a moment, on the cold stone of the alcove he lay in, and the corpse grew concerned. After a while though, he stilled, clenching his claws.

"Vostus... my name is... Vostus."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing much that comes to mind, other then... I hope you enjoy the short story I was able to write, and I look forward to continuing it.
Hello there, Zetchryn! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Announcement of My Arrival Pandorym 1 840 12-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Grakor456