The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

This bothers me
/cracks knuckles.

You probably know my posts are usually long and wordy, with flowing sentences and phrases unending. I'm sorry to disappoint - but this one won't be so. I tend to be short on words when truly aggravated.

Something's bothering me, and I would very much like it to stop. Preferably as soon as possible. It's a subject I've touched upon a number of times, but it seems from time to time that one must blatantly beat words into another's head before they get it.

Stop it with the OOC elf-hate. When every elf player that logs into OOCC gets /smack-ed for no reason, and snide remarks are cast at them from the sidelines, in an OOC environment, you know something is wrong. Learn to separate IC from OOC.

I don't appreciate such behavior, and do not find it funny in the least. Sorry if it bursts your bubble, but I don't condone bashing a player for enjoying to roleplay a certain race or class or combination thereof.

That is all. Take it or leave it.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
[Image: tumblr_lzbs3y5VLj1qkvsh6.gif]

I agree.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Make a post that states that we should stop hating on people for playing a certain race at all, rather than just Elves! I get plenty of orc hate, I know Jonoth gets gnome/dwarf hate... it's not just the elves that suffer through that, you know. They just are talked about the most because they're the most numerous race on the server.

EDIT: I don't like elves, but I don't bash them. I can't explain my dislike of them, it's just... a natural reaction I have to say "ugh" when I see an elf. But that's not because of CotH, or even WoW. I just don't like them. Unless they're drow. Then they're cool. Unless they're Drizzt.
"All Blood Elves are girls"

"Elves are stupid"

"Too many elves"

BAH HUMBUG. I agree with you Flammos. What will the new Peons think if they saw a group of players bashing elves in OOCC and they just so happen to like playing elves? Won't be very nice now will it? And I think all this hate is best left elsewhere. One of the reasons I couldn't stand other servers was because of all the elf bashing for no real reason.

Edit: I'm with Avon. All races get hate even though elves receive the most of it.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Aye. The underlying problem isn't elf-hate, persay, but rudeness being expressed OOCly. That it's about the race someone plays is fairly incidental.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(05-25-2012, 06:30 PM)flammos200 Wrote: Sorry if it bursts your bubble, but I don't condone bashing a player for enjoying to roleplay a certain race or class or combination thereof.

I think I touched on that, Avon. It concerns all races, to be honest. Not just elves, Trolls, Dwarves, Gnomes, Tauren or Orcs. Heck, I've seen people comment and roll their eyes at Draenei of all things.

And you wanna know the worst part? People don't really know what to do in those situations. I mean, you don't really want the person to get into trouble for it, they're probably just thinking they're having fun, so what do you do?

I don't think actions like that should be punished, honestly even I'm not that vindicative. Just... stopped... When a lot of little remarks pile on top of each-other, they tend to create a big mound, and that usually explodes, creating conflict. I'd rather avoid conflict, if possible.
Also, as the Crazy Gnome Guy of CotH. I would really love to say...

STOP PUNTING GNOMES

I know it's kind of a Out of Character event we all love to do. But this happens occasionally IC and OOC. A gnome wearing plate, is still pretty heavy to just... Punt. It really bothers me, maybe an Orc can pull it off, but in all seriousness. If an annoying gnome walks up to you, you don't just punt the thing. It's an INSTANTANEOUS (if I spelt that right) RP destroyer.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

SachikoMaeda Wrote:"All Blood Elves are girls"

Coming from the nub that plays a trap.

I jest.

In all honesty, I very much agree with the theme of this thread. It's a concern I've been preaching about for awhile now. It was funny the first day or two on CotH.

Two years later, it's just grating at my nerves now.
You know what, that dissing of Elves..

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrfSCBcjoBZmaqvWVcUjm...lZaCfZo6yp]

But it has gotten old. IC? Go for it. OOC? Please don't.
I stop logging into Hoofrot, just because I get whispers going "What? A Tauren Deathknight. Lol." I hate having to defend my characters every time I log on, so, I just stop doing it. Same goes with when I play a female character, usually the tag line with it is "Good luck not making her a lesbian" or if I put on some slightly revealing armor "Oh you are such a typical guy".

However, in the case of elves, it's my own opinion that it's hard to get roleplay -outside- of elves. However, bashing a person over what they choose to play is another thing, so in that case I'm actually going to roll my own elf and enjoy what there is to offer rather than make others feel bad for doing what they wish. Basically, people don't seem to know what they are doing is offensive, as everyone tries to push the line with the "cutsey" almost passive aggressive "humor" that flirts with just being outright flaming.

TL;DR, sometimes people just need to concentrate on themselves, and not others, and I've said here many times. I'm getting really tired of seeing people tell others how to play their character in all sorts of shapes and forms, as if they all know better. Even if it's just "joking" not everyone finds it funny or appropriate.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(05-25-2012, 06:46 PM)SunThas Wrote:
STOP PUNTING GNOMES

But... They're... They're just so tiny and adorable.... I JUST WANNA KICK 'EM IN THE FACE.

But he has a point. ICly it'd be harder to punt them than one thinks.

(05-25-2012, 06:51 PM)Krilari Wrote: Coming from the nub that plays a trap.

You know too much. I must destroy you now.

Now call me a Negative Nancy, but I'm pretty sure it will return. Now saying "I particularly don't like playing race A or race B because of X, Y, and Z" is alright. But to go and bash the race can get overly annoying.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
For a time, especially at another server I played, there was ton of male draenei hate. It wasn't just geared at their body builds, but also their accents, the shoulder armor (which I find a valid complaint), the tendrils, the jokes, the laugh, the clumsy looking hooves... And these people are the same folks who give undying gushing for females of the same race if only because of-

[Image: 1279082592656.jpg]

Then again, I was the only Alliance player among my WoW-playing relatives.

But yeah. One of the reasons I mained a draenei male was as a response to male draenei hate. I'm glad that attitude hardly exists here on COTH, though mangoats are still a rarer sight to see than girlgoats.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Rensin Wrote:...or if I put on some slightly revealing armor "Oh you are such a typical guy".

This, so much this.
(05-25-2012, 06:57 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: But yeah. One of the reasons I mained a draenei male was as a response to male draenei hate. I'm glad that attitude hardly exists here on COTH,

Most of my experiences with male Draenei have been colored by Avitz' character Ventus - which led me to wanting to hug damn near every walking fridge-Drae ever. Like an oversized, blue teddybear, he singlehandedly dispelled everything bad about male priests 'n Draenei alike, for me.

I suppose people're bitter towards some races or race/class combinations because of bad past experiences... It's sad, but it shouldn't lead one to bad-mouthing another, even with that cutesy, 'joking' passive-aggressiveness, that Rensin mentioned spot-on.
To chuck my opinion into this, for what it's worth.

Yes, I am guilty of doing this, but only as a joke, and i'm sure whoever it was targeted at knew it was a joke (As well as confirming it was a joke shortly after).

However, bashing a person OOCly for the character he plays, the way he dresses said character or the improbability of the character is outright barging through the lines of rule #1 of CoTH. Respect for one another. Some person wants to play an elf? Respect him for it. I'm not saying you should praise him for doing so, but come to terms with it or just ignore that fact.

Bashing, in a serious manner that isn't among friends (This can also become offensive), is unnecessary and generally disrespectful.

Quick Edit: To add, I think that as long as both parties are okay with it, or take it in such a manner that isn't offensive to them, it's fine. People bash on most of my characters. Like I care. I just move on with my life, because this whole thing is for enjoyment, and i'm doing what i'm enjoying to do.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Somethings that bothers me. ruwendje44 47 6,105 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Piroska