The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

This bothers me
(05-25-2012, 06:46 PM)SunThas Wrote: Also, as the Crazy Gnome Guy of CotH. I would really love to say...

STOP PUNTING GNOMES

I know it's kind of a Out of Character event we all love to do. But this happens occasionally IC and OOC. A gnome wearing plate, is still pretty heavy to just... Punt. It really bothers me, maybe an Orc can pull it off, but in all seriousness. If an annoying gnome walks up to you, you don't just punt the thing. It's an INSTANTANEOUS (if I spelt that right) RP destroyer.

In my many years of RP'ing Rofupi, I saw soooooooooo many players try to do this to him that he ended up developing an intricate anti-gnome-punt-punt move.

Now I dare anyone to try and punt him.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
(05-25-2012, 07:06 PM)flammos200 Wrote: I suppose people're bitter towards some races or race/class combinations because of bad past experiences...

I wouldn't say it's due to bad past experiences, in some cases. A lot of the hate I see tends to get divided up in to two main categories.

The first is, for lack of a better word, jealousy. I'm not saying that everyone secretly wants to be blood elves, but there's still a lot of resentment that, due to the population imbalances on CotH when it comes to racial distribution, blood elves and humans have a much easier time getting RP than some other races. This tends to surface a lot on folks that enjoy playing races like orcs, trolls, and tauren, since they tend to get hit the hardest by having very few people to RP with and having RP opportunities being inconsistent.

The second is due to reasons of aesthetic and character preferences that lead to one shunning certain races. Appearance is the most common reason to shun a race, but not the only one. A lot of hatred towards draenei, orcs, trolls, tauren, dwarves, etc. comes down to the majority not liking the aesthetic or not being able to be happy making a character from them.

The problem is that both of these are valid complaints. It's not fair that some races have easier access to RP than others, but it's also not right to expect people to play races that they don't personally favor. This leads to a catch-22 situation (not to mention a cyclical pattern that keeps the status quo as it is now: people who switch to trying one of the lesser-played races finds that RP is harder to get on them, and then switches back to the more-played alt.) Things like this have basis in real, underlying problems...and while I'm sure many are only teasing, sometimes teases of this nature end up having a grain of real resentment at the core.

The problem is the response to these issues, which isn't appropriate. If someone is really harassing someone over their choice of race, that is a breach of rule #1 and I'd recommend reporting it to a GM.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Thank you for mentioning this... I completely agree, not just about elves, and I have been trying to campaign against the hate for some time, but I don't have much influence. Tongue

I get that a lot of it is in jest, but even the jokes are getting old. Tauren steak jokes were old when I was a new player playing a druid. I admit I toss out a few of these once in a while, since I play a human IRL and I'm a hypocrite as much as the next person. But joking or not, I sometimes wish I had a script with an algorithm that simply filtered out all whining about elves. It's so formulaic I'd almost think it possible. You could input:

Too many + (variable) elves
All sentences with the word elf/elves + hippy/hippies/wimpy/wussy/girly/breed+like(rabbits, etc.)

And so forth. I wish I knew how to code, heh.

And then we could go into how OOC dislike influences IC hate, but I think that's a discussion for another time and place.

In short: End the hate. I used to hate humans in WoW myself! But I got better. *nod*
[Image: large.png?1309884332]
When home is far behind and ever the long roads wind,
I keep your memory in my mind; one day I'll repay in kind.
For so long as I've gone and so far I've wandered,
The evening star to me you are.

Lancelet Ardanos - Treading the never-ending road
Domaris Dawnstriker (Firebrand) - Conflicted Quel'dorei-at-heart
It grind my gears. I just made my first racist tauren (who yes can seperate IC and OOC) I was dueling two elfs... the main dialouge was really

"STEAK DINNA TONITE!"
or
"WE ARE GETTING A FRESH STEAK"
and
"I AM CATCHING OUR MEAL TONIGHT!"
also
"IM GOING TO TENDERIZE THE MEAT!"

Just, grind my gears. Like really?

[Image: are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_flyer-...e8_400.jpg]

It makes me want to rip my spine out and strangle myself with it. And the punting gnome thing. ARGH!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(05-25-2012, 07:58 PM)SunThas Wrote: It grind my gears. I just made my first racist tauren (who yes can seperate IC and OOC) I was dueling two elfs... the main dialouge was really

"STEAK DINNA TONITE!"
or
and
also

Leron may have aided in instigating this...
Maybe..........

Okay maybe a little...
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
(05-25-2012, 08:06 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote:
(05-25-2012, 07:58 PM)SunThas Wrote: It grind my gears. I just made my first racist tauren (who yes can seperate IC and OOC) I was dueling two elfs... the main dialouge was really

"STEAK DINNA TONITE!"
or
and
also

Leron may have aided in instigating this...
Maybe..........

Okay maybe a little...

... I've done the same with either Krest or Vanthal prior restart. How nubby I was before.
It's okay Leron. I just needed to get the beef from the bbq out.

gnome guy

I don't understand what someone's beef with Tauren DKs would be.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I stand by my personal peeve of people playing a character whose personality, behavior and history all point to a completely different race, (accompanied by a lack of acknowledging the implications of that character's actual race) and I feel every right to voice this here. Here, on the forums, when we're not naming names and talking in the hypothetical.

I'm not going to call characters who aren't blatant violations of policy out. If I genuinely do have concern, I'll quietly pass that on to a GM. And why would I insult other players? When I'm on the server, I don't want to stand around bickering in the OoC. I wanna RP.
Anyone who knows me(and possibly people who don't?) know that I am ridiculous when it comes to Gnomes. I'll outright state that they are my favorite race out of all other races, hands down. And this love(see: Fanaticism/obsession) has led me to be very.. defensive over them. Other races that don't seem to get taken seriously also draw my (sometimes angry) defenses, such as constant steak jokes for Tauren or just silly undead jokes towards Forsaken. Things like that irk me beyond belief(Speaking ICly and OOCly. I tolerate ICly to a certain point, because sometimes people just get outright silly and as much as I despise this term, it breaks my immersion.

I find it hard to take the RP seriously when someone just.. makes those stupid jokes over. And over. And over. And over. AND OVER. There's no interaction, it's my character trying to speak, and people saying "LOL U NOAM". Also when people don't take a Gnome holding a gun seriously.. BRO, A GUN HURTS NO MATTER WHAT SIZE.

That little side-track out of the way, I agree that things should be stopped and people should show a bit more respect when it comes to these things. It's killed my mood to RP with certain people many times throughout my (on and off) stay here. I'm not the greatest fan of population in-balance, mainly because I always think it's people more not wanting to branch out and try new races, etc. But I've always been a very strong defender of.. let people play what they hell they want to play. We're here to have fun. While I may sometimes need reminders of such things, it's why we're here. (As long as you're not breaking any rules)Have all the fun you want. <sagenod>

I done.. >.>
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

[Image: tusks-meme-generator-i-m-more-than-just-...008122.jpg]
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
(05-25-2012, 06:30 PM)flammos200 Wrote: Stop it with the OOC elf-hate. When every elf player that logs into OOCC gets /smack-ed for no reason, and snide remarks are cast at them from the sidelines, in an OOC environment, you know something is wrong. Learn to separate IC from OOC.

I don't appreciate such behavior, and do not find it funny in the least.

Can we also throw in gnomes for this? I am pretty sick of /punt or other punt-related jokes.

(I am also tired of the "There are no male elves" comment. It's indicative of the cultural at large of what is "masculine" and it's offensive :( )

Edit: Blast, Piken and SunThus beat me to it! Gnomes unite!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
._. yes, yes Piken did beat us to it. I was going to mention punting and such.

gnome guy

(05-25-2012, 08:46 PM)Piken Wrote: A GUN HURTS NO MATTER WHAT SIZE.

[Image: orcs-are-smart-too-meme-generator-i-m-mo...009548.jpg]
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Somethings that bothers me. ruwendje44 47 6,105 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Piroska