The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

This is me.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hm. Well, I have been roleplaying for a while. I played on Echloned while it was up, Prologue while it was up, and Divinity for a while. I like to play interesting characters that push the boundaries of what is considered normal for their race/class/role, i.e. a human pit fighter in Gadgetstan. I also like events more then tavern RP, but then, who doesn't? 8)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United Sates, English. Like to think I'm rather good at it to, if you gon't count spelling. :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Seeing trailers for it :P. Been playing ever since good old Vanilla, though I recently quit retail. Burned out.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Well. Mostly smack talk said about on other servers :P. But I always felt like those were exaggerated, and the other servers didn't really have a leg to stand on most of the time, so...

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well. My favorite involves mind games of some sort, like salesmanship or espionage. But I do like a good tavern RP, as long as that's not all I get. Conflict is good, as long as it's creative. It's more fun to have a duel between two creative mages than two meat-heads with swords saying 'I swing at you!'

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race: Dwarves all the way. They have cool lore that Blizz didn't go overboard with, like the BElves or Draenai. They are down-to-earth, yet flexible characters to RP, and have a large range of possible roles to play in. And I am really good at the accent (Trololol :D ).

Class: Warrior/Rogue/Hunter. These are the most flexible classes to RP, because they can fill almost any generic role, and all have their own special ones. If I had to chose one for a specific role... probably warlock, because they have cool magic spells, and also have that special danger of being connected to the demonic.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A cool place to hang out and RP. I want a server with a relaxed atmosphere, but with competent roleplayers who understand their lore, even if it's 'bent' some.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely the one about roleplaying competency. I want everyone to understand how Azeroth works, including it's prejudices and dynamics. So no friendly orcs and humans witting in a tavern without a very good reason.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is evil *glare*)
Arius was superbly fed up with his family by the time he reached the age of fourteen, and he left his family mansion in a simmering rage. He wandered the family grounds for hours, before he chanced upon the ivy-overrun graveyard in the back of the estate. In the center of the graveyard was the entrance to what seemed a tomb. Without thinking, Arius entered the picked up a rock, smashed the seal on the door, and walked into the tomb.

Within the tomb, he found exactly what he should’ve thought he would. He found the sarcophagus of one of his ancestors, his three-times great-uncle. He walked up to the sarcophagus, and, still in his rage, smashed it with the sword lying across it. However, unlike the tomb, it did not contain what he thought it would.
Within the sarcophagus of his great-uncle, Arius found a set of stairs. Over the stairs were some planks of termite-and-rot infested wood, obviously once concealing the stairwell. Intrigued, Arius stepped into the sarcophagus and walked down the stairway.

As he gradually made his way down the increasingly narrow stairwell, Arius started to wonder what on the earth could be below his great-uncle’s tomb. Before he could come up with any ideas, he found out.
Far underneath the tomb of his great-uncle, Arius found a temple to some obscene demon.
The room he walked into was large, but it was nearly full to the bursting regardless. On the walls where shelves upon shelves, all containing things such as human skulls and stained vials of blood. In the exact center of the room lay a runic pentagram, it’s own center pierced by an alter covered in blood and spikes. Three things lay upon the alter. A dagger, stained with blood. A human skull, the bone somehow turned the hue of partially dried blood. And a tome at least three inches thick.
Arius walked forth in awe, looking around him at the things on the shelves, before first hesitating a second at the edge of the pentagram, then steeling himself and crossing its’ threshold. He then reached for the mighty tome, and opened it carefully with one hand.
Within the book he found information about magic, about how to wield it. It began as a journal of some obscure relative of his, and then slowly transitioned into a spellbook and manual, instructing one in the use and accusation of Fel power.

Arius was at first repelled by what he saw within the book, almost throwing it to the ground and fleeing the chamber. But something made him stop, just as he was about to do it. He though of what he could do with that power, taking revenge on his older brother, mocking him entire life for being born two months too late. His father, for beating and mocking him incessantly. His other siblings, for making his life living hell because their father would not let them touch his heir, the abusive older brother. Arius thought of what he could do with this power, and smiled.
So Arius became a student of his long-dead ancestor. He lived threw the torments of his family, and every night snuck out to the tomb to learn more about the Fel art. He was very careful not to get discovered, and by the time he was twenty, he considered himself powerful enough to take revenge on his family.
Arius started his plot by telling his father that he was to go hunting, to not expect him home for several days. His father accepted this easily enough, and Arius loaded up a horse, took several servants, and departed his house within the day.

Except, of course, Arius had not intended to go hunting. Instead, he led his troop deep into the Silverpine forest, and, while the rest of his party was sleep, drugged and bound them all. He then loaded them up upon their horses and led them around his father’s grounds, eventually coming upon his great-uncle’s tomb. He carried them down into the chamber he now considered practically his second home, and sacrificed all three of them to rain hellfire and swallow his father’s estate in shadow.
This it did. With the power gained by the ritual sacrifice, his father’s comfortably remote mountain chateau was consumed in the flames and wrath of his second son.
This is a excerpt from a character profile I wrote a little while ago. I hope that's OK :P

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, that pretty much sums it up.
Hello there Mechanism, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story.
I appreciate your honesty in that only bed things led you here, and the fact that you came to see for yourself rather than letting those assessments drive you away! The truth is a noble thing to seek.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.