The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Time for a new shooter.
So, with TF2's open invite to all botters/scammers/idlers to get in-game and do it some more thanks to the tools-for-steamcash-currency market which if you try hard enough, allows you to 'earn' enough money by selling boxes and other tools to buy more steam games;

Any other shooters out there? Games I tried:

- Bf3, disappointing spawn squad system.
- CoD, haven't tried since PS3 mw2; Just not interested in the franchise.
- Blacklight Retribution; Didn't work for me with all the easy headshots you get by spamming bullets.
- Chivalry; Definitely fun, but needs an update already.
- Nuclear Dawn; Just didn't work for me.
- Gotham City Imposters; Tried it, not my kind of game in the end.
- Tribes Ascend; Not my gameplay.

Tempted to try Planetside 2, but iunno. Not convinced.
Arma II: The Czech Republic mod is pretty good
DayZ mod
WarZ
Primal Carnage is pretty cool, it's dinosaurs vs mercenaries.
Even with a relatively good computer, Planetside 2 tends to give me fps issues in areas with tons of people but I still highly recommend it.
Planetside 2 is neat, but very hard to get into. It also requires a stupidly powerful gaming rig to be at all playable. But if you can get past that, it's a real experience.

I can't really help you with other shooters, since i'm more of a 3rd person shooter guy, and most of those are on console.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Alright, I'll get on downloading Planetside 2. I got a rather powerful rig so I don't expect any issues there, but it seems so.. massive. I've watched a totalbiscuit Planetside 2 for nubs video, and while it looks alright; I'm just not convinced.

Only way to find out is by trying I suppose. Two votes going to that. Never tried Arma/dayz/warz. I'll look into that as well. I do believe I saw a vid about primal carnage, but it involved severe metagaming that basically was.. "Go there, do this and you are guaranteed to win."
I actually have an average computer, just an excellent graphics card, and I run PS2 just fine. I highly suggest you find an outfit or some people you can play with, the game is much more fun when you're running around with a communication squad rather than following the zerg.
I'm up for teaming up if you are!
(12-13-2012, 08:01 AM)McKnighter Wrote: I actually have an average computer, just an excellent graphics card, and I run PS2 just fine. I highly suggest you find an outfit or some people you can play with, the game is much more fun when you're running around with a communication squad rather than following the zerg.

Planetside 2 is to date the only game I've ever had to set all settings to low to be able to play. So it's fairly taxing. The reason I haven't dived into it yet is that I lost my hype for the game when I tried it out and just followed the Zerg. the game looses its magic. I also wasn't sure of what to do.
Spoiler:
Me personally? I don't care that much for shooters. Go for a good strategy game, like Age of Empires 3!
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
Or how about a combination? Heroes & Generals are gathering beta players. In case you don't know what that is, it's a highly realistic WWII shooter (it's seriously really devoted to the era, you can even ride bikes.) where most players play as soldiers and some others play as commanders who see the battle from an RTS perspective and give out orders. Although haven't tried it out yet I've heard it's pretty great.
Spoiler:
(12-13-2012, 08:14 AM)Roxas65 Wrote:
(12-13-2012, 08:01 AM)McKnighter Wrote: I actually have an average computer, just an excellent graphics card, and I run PS2 just fine. I highly suggest you find an outfit or some people you can play with, the game is much more fun when you're running around with a communication squad rather than following the zerg.

Planetside 2 is to date the only game I've ever had to set all settings to low to be able to play. So it's fairly taxing. The reason I haven't dived into it yet is that I lost my hype for the game when I tried it out and just followed the Zerg. the game looses its magic. I also wasn't sure of what to do.

I think it's just issues with optimization and servers. If you play on a high populated server in the battle for like a Tech planet or a Amp station, I tend to get a little lag. Otherwise, it's fine.

I run with an Outfit on Soltech that's pretty organized, every time I jump on when they're on I normally have a good time. I'd be up for playing but... Heh. TSW went off sub and as soon as it's done downloading, I'm going to be all over it for a while.
TSW went off sub yes, but you still have to buy the disc, don't you?
Spoiler:
Eh.. I don't really feel like explaining the whole tf2 market thing because I got a horrible cold.. but I will throw in my two cents on the TF2 matter as an active player.

First of all: You can't make a fortune by idling, you will get 11 weapons (if premium) per week. There's a VERY VERY small chance you get a hat or a tool.

Second: After you get an item and you put it in store.. SOMEONE has to buy it off you, else you get no money, it isn't a market that gives you money directly for the item.

Third: Crates are never bought and they have like.. 0.02 cents set price.

The market will never get anyone rich enough. Trading does that every day but you have to put effort like in real life, trading items here and there making profit getting an unusual and selling it for IRL money. That's something the market thing will never become.

Just poke me on steam if you have concerns, questions, whatever.

<3
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Meh, I'm gonna give Planetside 2 a try myself, I've been curious on what it is.
It isn't one of those pay-to-win FTPs is it?
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
(12-13-2012, 11:20 AM)Sorum Wrote: Eh.. I don't really feel like explaining the whole tf2 market thing because I got a horrible cold.. but I will throw in my two cents on the TF2 matter as an active player.

First of all: You can't make a fortune by idling, you will get 11 weapons (if premium) per week. There's a VERY VERY small chance you get a hat or a tool.

Second: After you get an item and you put it in store.. SOMEONE has to buy it off you, else you get no money, it isn't a market that gives you money directly for the item.

Third: Crates are never bought and they have like.. 0.02 cents set price.

The market will never get anyone rich enough. Trading does that every day but you have to put effort like in real life, trading items here and there making profit getting an unusual and selling it for IRL money. That's something the market thing will never become.

Just poke me on steam if you have concerns, questions, whatever.

<3

Muhaha, you know I love disagreeing with you Sor. To retaliate! ;

The minimum amount is enough already to draw even more people away from the game, into active trade-spam on active servers to scam people out of their silly boxes and tools. After all, they get better deals there then on trade servers. It's not about the drop, it's about the emphasis the game puts again on trading instead of the shooter; Which I've grown sick off, as having put over 800 hours into the game; I can't recall the last time where strangers banded up, discussed* classes and worked together as team instead of trading while firing a rocket on the side.

* Discussion not involving; "OMG FIVE SNIPERS. NOOBS. LESS SPIES."
** That isn't to say that I don't tend to talk like that to people on TF2 nowadays. People just refuse to be a teamplayer it seems.

Second; Stuff gets bought. Recent sales list has items on it and I recall seeing a strange sapper being sold for 10 bucks (if I recall right) the other day.* I got no hope for the future that this will become less; It will only grow more and encourage the botters to log in with 20 accounts at once, perma-critting themselves and sacking the place while trolling folks for their goods.

* Not on the recent sale list so I guess I just dreamed that one. No idea where that one went.

Third.. Well, I recall crates being bought, but as with the above; I got no guarantees that they'll still be bought in a week, but I fear the worst.

I saw it, played a server and watched a guy scam all folks out of their boxes while trying to do a normal game of TF2.. And something just broke. I'm done with the silly stance that trading is the way to go with TF2. It's a hat simulator with guns on the side; Nowadays it feels more like a hat-trading-simulator with "Oh god why did you just shoot me?"

You know I love you though Sor. <3 I'm just a negative, grumpy old TF2 veteran.

816 hours.
354 achievements. (a sloppy 79% of all)
260 items.
44 hats.

I always thought I'd quit this game with a 100 hats. Seems not.

Quote:It isn't one of those pay-to-win FTPs is it?

As far as I understood; No! You can pay for stuff, but all the stuff is in-game unlockable? That's what I recall out of a CB video. (Cynical brit aka totalbiscuit)
In PS2, all the stuff that can -only- be bought by cash are purely cosmetic. I do however believe that you can pay to get something quicker. With other words, it's like LoL, not TOR.
Spoiler: