The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Trial Rescue attempt
I'm all for a daring rescue, but to keep it fair, should there be some sort of rolls involved?

I have a feeling things will become one giant big mess unless things are at least somewhat organized. And there should definitely be the possibility failure. Maybe a GM could act sorta like a DM?

Ideas, ideas.
I agree. I had been thinking about how a rescue within Stormwind City would go very well, and IMO I think the chances will be slim. Rolls sound good, so that with some luck, it can still be pulled off as it is intended. If it dosint go all too well? Improvise! React to whatever happens as best you can!
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Also keep in mind that due to Siv being who he is and the Militia's track record as of late, security will logically be greatly increased.
I hope you've read the latest post in regards to the Rescue in the IC thread. We've got this fairly planned out.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a successful rescue, and from what I've read you guys are doing a great job planning it. It's just, it's Stormwind, you know.. OOCly I really think there should be a chance of failure considering the magnitude of it all. I'm just trying to spark a discussion, maybe with some GM inputs.
There can always be a chance of failure. Except that chance should not be presented by the NPCs of the city. The guards can help, of course, but the ones opposing this rescue should be the chance of failure.

Jonathan will be there, so hopefully he'll do something about it. Same with the... uh... others. ... Krent?
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
I do agree that escape attempts should not always default to being successful. With that said, however, I think the way that the escape is planned and played out should hold a huge factor as well, of course, and alter the chance of it working out.
We're still awake and discussing variations and possible mishaps. I think it's safe for me to say rolls will definetly be in order.

We're also discussing the possiblity of wannabe heroes or metagamers...
˜★Sketch Blog
Please note that I'm not trying to put anyones efforts down. I'm not saying there should be a /random 100 against a GM whether you succeed or not.

Quote:I do agree that escape attempts should not always default to being successful. With that said, however, I think the way that the escape is planned and played out should hold a huge factor as well, of course, and alter the chance of it working out.

That pretty much summed my opinion on the matter up. I will leave it up to those more directly involved to figure it out, and adapt my RP around whatever is decided.
To ease anyones doubts, this was not thrown together in haste. From the very start when rescue attempts were planned, we decided that a GM should be present in the chat channel we were using. We pulled Qaza in immediatly. There were a lot of schemes that involved the typical, shoot and run through a crowd and fight your way out...but ultimately we all know how that turns out. With a lot of OOC complaints, misunderstandings, and very, very unhappy role players. Mind you, massive combat scenes don't have to end like that with propper organization.

All the plans we've made, we've ran past Qaza. We didn't do this so we could get it approved, we did it so the GMs would be aware of what we were doing, and be able to puppeteer the Guards appropriatly. As for plans going awry, God knows how many times I've had plans go awry in Stormwind, and wound up having Grakor or Kretol summon a load of Guards, that either slaughtered us, or chased us in a mad run out of the town. So if anyones aware of what happens with hair brained schemes, GMs, and poorly planned escape attempts from Stormwind. It'd be me. We've been planning this for days, all along knowing well that if something goes wrong, if some wrench does get thrown in it, we're -all- more then likely going down for it.

The one thing I really have to say here, is that with the number of people that might be present for the attack, everyone please be respectful of other peoples posts. Try and get a turn deal going, or if you're just an observer nodding along...keep posts short. When your chat box gets flooded with whispers, LFG, and twenty emotes going off at once, it gets real ugly.
You can't wax that.
Also, Bishnak, I'm totally cool with the posts here. The points you brought up were totally valid, and as I said above, my first thoughts as well were, we need a GM to DM. I don't think any of us would consider what you've brought up as trying to put the efforts down.
You can't wax that.
I still dunno what Krent should do....

He likes Siv and the things that the Grey Militia does....but he belongs to the Stormwind Kingdom! OH, MORAL DILEMMA!!!!!!!!!!

I'll talk to ya'll today about it.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attempt #2 Kretol 8 1,518 03-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Last Post: DiesUltime
  Not Making the Trial :( Harmonic 2 826 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Bishnak