The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

True character progression
Have you done deeds to which earn you true merit?
Are you looked upon by those in your great houses with an awe inspiring look?
Has the lack of acknowledgment by your faction left you as salty as Margarita glass?

Then I offer you all the idea of Title. Even though "Men follow courage and not titles." Thank you Mr. William Wallace. But wouldn't it be nice? So enough of the banter lets get down to brass tax (I don't get that cliche either).

Once you have an approved character and you've made some lead way in your characters progression, why not post your current status in the "special character" or another well suited forum to apply for one of the following titles listed below.

Now keep in mind some of the following can still be achieved on your own as they should be I.E.- "the Explorer", while some cannot do the lack of a working pvp and arena system. Another matter is some of the titles I feel should not in anyway be given I.E.- Prophet, of the Emerald Dream, Scarab Lord, or more than it's share of "Warlord's" & "Generals" unless special circumstances dictate it in your special profile.

So here they are;

For Alliance Military Ranks:
Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Master Sergeant, Sergeant Major, Knight,
Knight-Lieutenant, Knight-Captain, Knight-Champion, Lieutenant Commander,
Commander, Marshal, Field Marshal, Grand Marshal.

For Horde Military Ranks:
Scout, Grunt, Sergeant, Senior Sergeant, First Sergeant, Stone Guard, Blood-Guard, Legonniare, Centurion, Champion, Lieunentant General, General,
Warlord, High Warlord.

For you Arena and Brawler Guild Organizations: (reverse order)
Arena Master, Battlemaster, Merciless Gladiator, Brutal Gladiator, Vengeful Gladiator, Gladiator, Duelist, Rival, Challenger

You Warmonger Types:
Conqueror, Justicar, Champion of Naaru

of The Shattered Sun
Hand of Adal
The Seeker
Elder
Flame Warden
Flame Keeper
The Exalted
The Explorer
The Diplomat
Saltly
Chef
The Supreme
of The Ten Storms
of The Emerald Dream
Crusader
Prophet
The Malefic
Stalker
of The Ebon Blade
Archmage
Warbringer
Assassin
of Quel'Theas
of Argus
of Khaz Modan
of Gnomeregan
The Lion Hearted

Champion of Elune
Hero of Orgrimmar
Plainsrunner
of the Darkspear
the Forsaken
the Magic Seeker
Twilight Vanquisher
Conqueror of Naxxramas
Hero of Northrend
The Hallowed
Loremaster
of The Alliance
of The Horde
Flawless Victor
Champion of Frozen Wastes
Ambassador
the Argent Champion
Guardian of Ceranius

Merry Maker
The Love Fool
Matron
Patron
Obsidian Slayer
of The Nightfall
The Immortal
The Undying
Jenkins

Any cheers jeers or other responses are quite welcome.
Of course, unless you OOCly decided with that group, or ICly earned it, nobody should just throw these titles on, right?
The word of the day is "Legs". Now go forth and spread the word!
[Image: 5SRU.gif]
Renown0 Wrote:Of course, unless you OOCly decided with that group, or ICly earned it, nobody should just throw these titles on, right?

Indeed if you've earned a title IC / game-mechanics or through your story and is approved via an adapted special profile then yes you get said title.

However common sense would also come into play. Would a holy priest be a Bloodsail Admiral, Brutal Gladiator? Would a noble knight be in fact a knight of the military ranking and the gladiator or a love fool the next day. The titles I feel and I can imagine most of you will agree, is that it adds not just more depth to your character, but also notability, prestige, and helps define your path. But again who's to say the Knight can not throw down his arms, retire and become "a patron" of the arts or of an inn recanting stories of wars etc.

The titles themselves do not have to reflect what they say by definition, but how you enact them into your story. For example a well known Gnome tinker named "Dinkerton" could be Dinkerton of Gnomeregan. A scrupulous dwarf treasure hunter turned Ale maker would be a Brewmaster. The RP story aide that this can bring to the table would and can be most prolific.
Armistad Wrote:
Renown0 Wrote:Of course, unless you OOCly decided with that group, or ICly earned it, nobody should just throw these titles on, right?

Indeed if you've earned a title IC / game-mechanics or through your story and is approved via an adapted special profile then yes you get said title.

However common sense would also come into play. Would a holy priest be a Bloodsail Admiral, Brutal Gladiator? Would a noble knight be in fact a knight of the military ranking and the gladiator or a love fool the next day. The titles I feel and I can imagine most of you will agree, is that it adds not just more depth to your character, but also notability, prestige, and helps define your path. But again who's to say the Knight can not throw down his arms, retire and become "a patron" of the arts or of an inn recanting stories of wars etc.

The titles themselves do not have to reflect what they say by definition, but how you enact them into your story. For example a well known Gnome tinker named "Dinkerton" could be Dinkerton of Gnomeregan. A scrupulous dwarf treasure hunter turned Ale maker would be a Brewmaster. The RP story aide that this can bring to the table would and can be most prolific.

Bloodsail Admiral would be completely OOC considering the actual bloodsail admiral is Duke Falrevere. Likewise, a 'Brewmaster' is a an actual master at making brews, and would have to be recognized by the Dwarves or the Pandaren as one. Just making ale isn't enough to earn the title brewmaster.
Good call on the Bloodsail Admiral even though personally coming from a naval background I regarded Falrevere as the Fleet Admiral. Naval tradition whether it be through privateering or through sovereign service calls for a number of Admirals to command each sea, with that said Azeroth is home to
eight seas but can be quite managed by four Armadas.

Edited to remove "Bloodsail Admiral" and Brewmaster from our IC list.