The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tryouts [The Grey Militia]
So, during the course of ...well, whenever I'm on... I was figuring I could host some tryouts for the Grey Militia. I thinned it out a while back, so that I could come back at some point, and re-do it from the ground up.

ICly I'm sure everyone has moved on, and that's good. I want to make the Grey Militia more like a group of mercenaries, rather than cool time hang-out club. What's that mean? I'll be coming up with jobs for you lot to do, and will both DM and participate in them myself, depending on what jobs are taken, and how.

TRYOUTS, will be fairly simple. Based on a character's skill, Rensin will come up with a test to see if they can join the grey---initiates will start out with a plain, grey tabard---the standard guild tabard, until they are determined to be a good enough tryout to be a Recruit, someone who gets the grey color and the chevron.

Ranks will be determined by what tabard is being worn.

There we go!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Norell doesn't have to tryout. He's just too good.
Will. Be. There. Time and date, right noaw.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
I'd have to get someone new.....Kate moved past the Grey but maybe she could work with them on certain jobs.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Hmmm…Time to roll Lightslayer's evil (good) living twin.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
*ahem*

You see this posted up and about in cities and things, some neatly, some haphazardly stuck up.

[Image: 168zlmq.jpg]
In this militia is it faction locked?
[Image: Brugerking_zpsb9358f74.gif]
Hm. I just pulled Immy out, though she hasn't done anything yet in the Grey Maiden. We'll see.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(12-10-2013, 12:48 PM)Samlock Wrote: In this militia is it faction locked?

Nope. Unless Rensin changed it drastically, it takes all races. Being based in the Undermine, it is decidedly neutral.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
This may seem noobish or whatever but can someone please tell me what or where the undermine is?
(12-10-2013, 06:03 PM)Samlock Wrote: This may seem noobish or whatever but can someone please tell me what or where the undermine is?

The Undermine is the Goblin capital city - built underneath the island of Kezan (which is now destroyed in the Cataclysm), it's home to all kinds of Goblins as well as all the cartels!

Here's the thread about it - it OOCly exists in Blackrock Depths, though ICly it's far out in the ocean. You can take the OOC portal to reach Undermine (through Goblin Cities/Ports)

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Hm... Now time to make a decision. Does Drayke go back to the Grey, or stay on his own?

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Where will the tryouts be held? In the undermine?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hordes Militia (Battlefield:Kalimdor) Bingles 0 658 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Call to Arms: The People's Militia Gaztron1 8 1,992 07-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Evaszion
  The Shades of Grey Nexi 20 2,774 05-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Duraza