The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tunngle (Gaming LAN Emulation)
For further support of various games (and to more easily connect to other community members that may be playing or hosting certain multiplayer games), I recommend the use of Tunngle.

Tunngle emulates Local Area Networks (LANs) so that games that may only have local network support can be played with others on the internet.

Tunngle.net Wrote:Our Local Area Network Emulation allows you to easily play your games on-line just like you would do if your friends brought their computer to your place. Tunngle connects your computer to other computers and creates giant Virtual Networks that you can use to play your LAN Multiplayer games over the Internet. Tunngle LAN Emulation works with virtually any program that has IP based network capabilities. The complete list of supported programs-games is so long that we would need several pages just to print it.

Before Connecting:
Spoiler:
You will want to go into your options and enable UPnP.  This will help reduce any connection issues you may have with other players.  First, go into your options from the settings menu:
[Image: XYDKLWF.png]

Then, enable UPnP (naturally, this is really only necessary/useful if you are connected to the Internet via a router that supports UPnP):
[Image: MjryzS8.png]

You should be prompted to restart Tunngle - do so!  This will make the setting take effect.

Connecting to the CotH Network:
Spoiler:
The Tunngle network already has various large public networks for popular games to easily connect with other gamers.  However, I have created a large private network for the community's use.  Once connected, you will be able to open the Private Networks window, then join an existing network.  The network information is:

Type: Premium
Name: CotH
Password: (none)

Be sure you are joining a network and not trying to create one.  The proper location to put info is:
[Image: hhf3AAz.png]

Once you are connected to the network, you will be assigned a dynamic IP that you can use for others to connect to you (if you are hosting a game or service).  Note that only others in the same network can connect using that IP.  Also note that my server is also connected to Tunngle, and previous connection addresses should still work when you are connected.  This should be useful for hosting LAN-only games or to reserve slots for any particular game for community members.
Showing Chat Notifications:

Something that I wanted but didn't realize already existed (but in a very 'hidden' manner) was the ability to show notifications of when members join or leave the network (e.g., Kretol has joined the network).  You can show them by clicking on the little bar between the chat window and the chat entry window.
Example:
[Image: 7x9YyRk.png]
Right-click on that little section and that context menu will appear.  Just click on Notifications and you'll see when people join or leave the channel/network!
Update:

I have removed the password on the private network. Now, you will only have to choose the network type and name and then join it. This may also help with reconnecting after getting disconnected.

Also, for a limited time, you can upgrade Tunngle to premium by visiting this page on Tunngle's site. This is the result of the sponsor video apparently sometimes causing lockups. While on premium, no ads will be shown. The premium trial only lasts a few hours, but as long as you don't log out or get disconnected you will remain in premium mode. Therefore, I would suggest to visit that page first before connecting every time you want to connect so you don't have to deal with ads. Again, this is a limited time thing until they fix that bug.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Green Man Gaming sale. Roxas65 0 1,313 06-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Greenman Gaming Sale Roxas65 2 792 07-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Clovis