The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Undead and Nature Magic
(08-30-2013, 02:08 PM)Grakor456 Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 02:17 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: Do we have an example of an undead being healed by natural magic other than RP, and us going "I don't really know what else'd happen"? And as for the fel orc shamans, they're likely dark shamans that forcefully bind the elements, yes?

The whole "dark shamanism" thing was never really explained until the Taunka joined the Horde. I've no idea the exact lore explanation for the fel orcs in Hellfire, but whatevs.

As far as nature magic healing on undead: I honestly don't recall a specific incident of undead being healed by nature magic because Horde forces between the two continents rarely intermingle (and it's even more rare to have healing actually be a thing like that.) However, all instances of healing hurting undead refer specifically to the Light:

http://wowpedia.org/Undead

Quote:The souls of the undead (Forsaken, PC death knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence.

The Light specifically doesn't like undead because of the particular way their souls were pinned back to their bodies. Nothing suggests nature magic would have the same reaction.

(08-29-2013, 11:13 PM)Maulbane Wrote: The way I see it, it's not only extremely silly to RP a Forsaken who happily wields the light and/or nature magic, it's also antithetical to the point of Forsaken.

[snip]

... It's absurd to let them perform all this kind of stuff by normal means, though - there are far more creative and logical ways to deal with, which we should be encouraging rather than trying to find reasons why it -could- work.

Let's not call other people's opinions "absurd." The moment you dismiss it so, you're closing off communication.

Silly as some may see it, undead are capable of wielding the Light. It's canon, it exists. That's just the way Warcraft works.

Yeah, that was a bit strongly worded from me. I should say I'm not actually as against the idea as it seemed in my post - one of my Forsaken's explicit goals is to make everybody on Azeroth as happy as possible.

Looking at the lore, and the fact that nature can adapt in creepy ways (though I can't tell if it's just the plague messing things up or life just making do. Thinking it's the second, though), I think it's possible for a Forsaken to work in cahoots with nature. It seems like it'd require a lot of elbow-grease to pull it off without the spirits o' nature kicking up a ruckus, though, especially if he's using it to just wallop people. All conjecture, but I think it's the kind of conjecture that could lead to interesting ideas rather than just stifling RP, hopefully.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Titan magic and stuff Dae 17 3,571 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Mineral Magic c0rzilla 22 3,515 03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Last Post: flammos200
  Nightsabers and the undead? Nick 33 4,810 12-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Nick