The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Valen, screenshots, and cleaning up
To say that right now I'm angry and disappointed would probably be the biggest understatement I'll make all year. As many of you know, I've been absent in-game, what many of you don't know is that I've been absent because of a good amount of drama and stress on myself.

I point this out, because the stress caused by what I'm seeing now doesn't need to be added on to it.

As some of you know, Valen left the GM team. Out of respect for his decision to step down, we left his rank unchanged in case he should return. In the meantime, the GM team has been discussing doing another cleaning up, and those of you who have been around CotH for a while know what that is, where we remove the players obviously a detriment to the server, as many players request that we do. When we do this, we begin by coming up with a long list of players that annoys one person or another and whittle that list down to the folks that everyone can agree needs to go.

Valen then took advantage of his position. He took screenshots of the thread about this cleanup, specifically took negative posts out of context while avoiding the posts defending players and the posts noting that this list was going to be reduced drastically. He took these screenshots and he gave them to players.

Valen betrayed every GM on staff. He stabbed us in the back in a move that we thought was lower than he was capable of. He has been banned, and we won't be lifting that one anytime soon.

It's a shame that one we put a lot of trust into would stoop as low as to try to smear our name in such an underhanded way.

What is done is done, however.

Yes, a clean-up will be happening soon. No, it won't be thirty some-odd people. Yes, it's necessary to keep the quality of the server. No, your rage-quitting over screenshots taken out of context won't matter to me at all.

Take what you see with a grain of salt.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Valen... How could you?
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
I feel like such an asshole now, and rightly so.

I'd like to formally apologize for what I just caused, and wholly accept the consequences of my actions.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
So that's what happened.

*wishes he wasn't so nosy*

I NEED TO SEE THE SCREENSHOTS! *twitch*

Well, this explains quite a bit.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
Hi my name is Cressy.

(The Past)
Spoiler:
When I joined the GM-staff, we were in the midst of more problems you would probably know. An onslaught of new GMs were added, as well as many of the older senior GMs began to leave for other Real life issues, we new ones had to take on the roles quickly.

With this, came drama. Drama is something that goes around in every clique, circle, or company around the world, it is inevitable and it is dirty. Not everyone is going to be happy with each other, or tolerate some one as the next. We began to bump heads and began to withdraw from each other. In the middle of all this, was a few chosen few people who had no idea what was going on, while they tried to calm the others, it fueled the fire more than helped.

We tried talking things over, but it didn't work. We tried honesty and honesty was the one thing that ended up making one of the staff leave, and eventually cause him to turn his back on us. To cut it short, he asked us how we felt, and though I denied him several times over, I ended up telling him exactly what he wanted to hear, and he reacted exactly how I thought he was; like a b***h.

Since then, we have been trying to figure out ways to help the server. Whether it was giving new roles, bringing back introductions, or doing a major overhaul of the server.

(The Present)
Spoiler:
Then, people repeatedly have been talking about lack of control and maturity that has come across the server over the past few weeks. GMs have been receiving messages day in and day out about this, screenshots included. With each issue, we sit down and discuss what is most beneficial for the server. Then, when things are thought out thoroughly, that take time to do, you say we do not do anything or that we are inactive.

This was not to discriminate against anyone. Remember guys, we are human just like you. We say 'stupid' 'immature' 'erp-fiend' just like all of you do. So to judge us and say that we are in the wrong is ...STUPID. Yah.

Must you all forget that it takes much more than happy faces to run a server successfully? You think that this is all happy sunshine dust and pooping rose petals? If you all want to leave for seeing the screenshots, then by all means, do. No one will stop you if you feel that determined to prove a point.

(The Future)
Spoiler:
We want to make this server fun again guys, we want you all to enjoy it again. But you need to cut us some slack. What we do isn't easy, nor will it ever be. If you want to be helpful, then talk to us when you feel that something isn't going right. Posting pictures and feeding the fire of anger and hate isn't the answer.

Subconsciously I almost think that you all -want- CoTH to end. Why else would you intentionally try and bring down the game that unites us all?

I will stop ranting and get on. If you want to see certain things to happen, then tell us. We will never know unless you say something. If you see someone treating someone like shit, tell us, so that events like this won't arise again. If we didn't see all of this first hand, we would have never known since barely anyone wants to tell us.

I guess, I am just hurt by all of this. You guys are my friends, my comrades and my peers. I guess that I figured you would stop looking at the angry Enforcer exterior and tag, and see me for who I was and still am.

Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Cressy Wrote:Hi my name is Cressy.

(The Past)
Spoiler:
When I joined the GM-staff, we were in the midst of more problems you would probably know. An onslaught of new GMs were added, as well as many of the older senior GMs began to leave for other Real life issues, we new ones had to take on the roles quickly.

With this, came drama. Drama is something that goes around in every clique, circle, or company around the world, it is inevitable and it is dirty. Not everyone is going to be happy with each other, or tolerate some one as the next. We began to bump heads and began to withdraw from each other. In the middle of all this, was a few chosen few people who had no idea what was going on, while they tried to calm the others, it fueled the fire more than helped.

We tried talking things over, but it didn't work. We tried honesty and honesty was the one thing that ended up making one of the staff leave, and eventually cause him to turn his back on us. To cut it short, he asked us how we felt, and though I denied him several times over, I ended up telling him exactly what he wanted to hear, and he reacted exactly how I thought he was; like a b***h.

Since then, we have been trying to figure out ways to help the server. Whether it was giving new roles, bringing back introductions, or doing a major overhaul of the server.

(The Present)
Spoiler:
Then, people repeatedly have been talking about lack of control and maturity that has come across the server over the past few weeks. GMs have been receiving messages day in and day out about this, screenshots included. With each issue, we sit down and discuss what is most beneficial for the server. Then, when things are thought out thoroughly, that take time to do, you say we do not do anything or that we are inactive.

This was not to discriminate against anyone. Remember guys, we are human just like you. We say 'stupid' 'immature' 'erp-fiend' just like all of you do. So to judge us and say that we are in the wrong is ...STUPID. Yah.

Must you all forget that it takes much more than happy faces to run a server successfully? You think that this is all happy sunshine dust and pooping rose petals? If you all want to leave for seeing the screenshots, then by all means, do. No one will stop you if you feel that determined to prove a point.

(The Future)
Spoiler:
We want to make this server fun again guys, we want you all to enjoy it again. But you need to cut us some slack. What we do isn't easy, nor will it ever be. If you want to be helpful, then talk to us when you feel that something isn't going right. Posting pictures and feeding the fire of anger and hate isn't the answer.

Subconsciously I almost think that you all -want- CoTH to end. Why else would you intentionally try and bring down the game that unites us all?

I will stop ranting and get on. If you want to see certain things to happen, then tell us. We will never know unless you say something. If you see someone treating someone like shit, tell us, so that events like this won't arise again. If we didn't see all of this first hand, we would have never known since barely anyone wants to tell us.

I guess, I am just hurt by all of this. You guys are my friends, my comrades and my peers. I guess that I figured you would stop looking at the angry Enforcer exterior and tag, and see me for who I was and still am.

Cressy

Credit where credit is due, great post.

Obviously making my comeback at such a limp stage in develop of CoTH was ill-timed, but Cressy does have a point. We've all seen what can only be described as 'bitching' about fellow players, and the GM's. People seem to be jumping the gun, without any solid information, and pointing fingers wherever they please.
At the end of the day, all CoTH needs is commuinication, and not the fiery hate-mongering thats been going on in the likes of /chat recently.
"Alea Iacta Est"

Gregory James Jermyn - Apprentice mage, curious and friendly.
This post is all I will say on the subject.

You cannot take the moral high ground when you travel the low path.

There have been things left out in the screenshots, but as much as I would like to I cannot ask you to disregard them. My name was on the forum post, first and foremost, and though I was just the messenger I will take as much responsibility as I can. If you are the sort of person that will believe screenshots from a person who has conveniently just left the server via essential ragequit, and not think about what could possibly have gone on, then you are playing into exactly what Valen wanted you to do. Drama mongering always leaves out the most important parts of every story, to bend it to someone's will. Do I have my own reservations about what's been written in those screenshots? In ways, yes. I can't say I agreed with everything.

I can say I'm disappointed. With everything.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
About damn time the whole story was leaked out. Hopefully the drama has reached its peak, the drama will now die down knowing who the true culprit is. Now its time for cleaning up. There won't be anymore backstabbing involved because we all know we were sympathizing with the wrong people. Actually, I've been here the whole time, trying to help improve GRAMMAR and RP quality in the server, thinking it was the reason why good friends quit the server. I was like 'What? They're the ones who's actually keeping the quality of the server intact!' When all along they were duped. It wasn't their fault really. And if I were you, Dragonmad and the others were just fooled. I think, if they were given a chance, those who quitted should help out improving the quality of this server again, since none of us really want this server to blow up. Time to pick up broken bones and throw out the decaying ones. PLEASE. We'll help all that we can. Just to get the server back to the quality server it was.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
This... almost hurts. I knew of this. I knew beforehand, and even still. This was once a haven for RPers... Now it's turning into a hive of backstabbery and bad RPing. I'm not leaving, though. I'm staying around as long as I can to try to help. I'm not going to whine and complain. I'm going to do something. This server is too much to just give up on.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
The only problem is, you guys shouldn't have to weigh the burden of what happens with us. I have told players day in and day out not to worry and that we have no problems. Everything is fine. Would you knowing the drama that inflicted your staff made you feel better about the server? Probably not. We wouldn't want you to worry.

It was almost like a divorcing set of parents (atleast mine). They fight in the comfort of their own room, trying to keep out the disgusting truth from their children. But as their arguments and general dislike grows, small bits are shown here and there on accident. And before the blink of their eyes, the children know it all and have to experience the harsh reality of divorce, backstabbing, and utter lies played be each other.

It sucks. I guess we hoped nothing like this would have happened.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
HeroLief Wrote:Valen... How could you?
Lets not make this a people-hate thread.

Though I am not sure whether this Valen dude had the wrong intentions but yea, what he did was wrong and I wish I hadn't seen that list.

I wanna request that the ban process be made more open . To say the truth, I was surprised that my name was on that list seeing that the GMs had never conveyed to me that they found the way in which I rp-ed or typed, wrong/not up to the mark. I have no qualms getting banned if the I somehow spoil the environment of the server but at least I should be given a chance to improve.

I hope things on the server change for the better.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
I pray I'm not on that list. :O Along with the whole rest of the server.
I believe we should be informed if we're on that list or not. Privately, of course. I'm sure people here wouldn't flip out about it, but if they do, well, they obviously don't belong here.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
I'm sure at least one of us might have a complain or two. Heck, an old player may be complained by a new player who was trying to teach him. Thing is, the GMs know better who to believe. Besides, I'm sure the ones who'll get booted out will be the ones with a lot of complaints.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I think this was a much better, more thought out idea. It's not the fact that you were banning people, that's fine, bans happen, but it's the fact that nobody was supposed to know.

I know I'm annoying, but in the whole 8 months I've been here I've never had a PM, whisper or reply in the forums stating that I should actually change my behavior, so how should other players know? I'm fine with being banned at the moment, in fact go ahead nocressynotyou as I won't hold a grudge, but . . . It's unfair on half of those players that are/were/will be banned, as they don't even know they have flaws they need to fix.

Which was the reason I made that extremely witty, amazing piece of art shown here.

Anyway, ban or no ban, I hope I said what I wanted to say in this post clearly.

Eh. :?

Addendum: Why am I posting when I'm "Gone"? I don't know. Maybe I have crappy willpower, but I think it's just that I can't truly skidaddle with all this going on.

And at Cressy's comparison of this situation to divorcing parents: I'm in the same situation you were in right now, my parents are separateding due to an affair. It's not nice. Moving on, however, me and my brother were told early in what was happening, not much was hidden, and really? It was much better for me. I don't know about my brother, but it was better for me.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
The secrecy was the bad thing, yes.

However, I am not going to continue this. The drama must end before stuff is ruined.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Cleaning Grakor456 1 937 07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Cleaning Up, Part Two Qaza 1 1,158 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Qaza
  Cleaning Up Grakor456 40 7,631 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Flyingbox