The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Velve the Newbie!
So, hello everyone. Forgive me if I'm a bit.. muddled up, so many threads and things to read before posting this may have worn out my tired little brain. Sorry if my answers are too brief and the like. Anyway, the questionnaire:

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I'm 18, and have always been into RP since I played Baldur's Gate 2 years back. I'd still not say I'm brilliant at it, but in the past on RP servers mostly on Neverwinter Nights people have appreciated it enough to tolerate me. >.>
Um.. I tend to lack a lot of confidence, get muddled up too easy for my liking, but like to think I'm generally friendly and easy to get along with, just on the shy side (Yes, even online :oops: ). I do tend to get my back up around overabundant arrogance, not to be confused with confidence, I've a good respect for confidence.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live, and always have lived in Australia, and sadly, only speak English. Though I'd love to learn multiple languages, always have looked up to people who can master several languages.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft itself? I loved WC2 as a kid, such an awesome game. After that I naturally got WC3 when it came out, which was entertaining.
WoW itself, my ex convinced me to get it a while back (Shortly after BC came out), and recently a friend convinced me to start playing once again.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The lack of RP on most servers. I'm always bewildered how the Blizzard hosted RP servers, have a tiny percentage that actually RP.
Also, searching around for privately hosted RP servers came up with this one, so I looked around on the general information, and thought it seemed a good place.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Just about anything. Mid-battle I'd find it awkward to type a whole lot, but other than that.. Anything, often depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll be just wanting to relax and enjoy the calm interaction of tavern RP, other times I'll seek out the tension of somewhat hostile RP, and everything in between.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm not entirely sure... They all have their merits. I tend to relate certain races to emotions, but of course they can break from that mold, most of a certain race have a base mood. I like to play on all of that. I enjoy the savagery of orcs, the fell addiction of blood elves, righteousness of humans. Classes are just as hard to choose, I haven't played them all yet, but I could see myself playing any. I guess I tend to go for roguishness, even when not playing the actual rogue class. Paladins and druids are probably the last I'd intend to play, but that could change easily.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I imagine the player/GM base would be reasonably friendly, but obviously tough-as-nails, as I'd expect from the postings. I'd hope the RP is.. not necessarily brilliant, as I tend to prefer a general likable attitude over sheer RPing skill... If that makes sense. :?
The standards aren't set low, that's obvious from the scrutiny I and all others seeking to join are under, so I suppose I'll see! (Or not, possibly >.>)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Huh.. Hard question. I am not really sure. Probably just the rule of a focus on RP, quite simply, and those of tolerance, maturity and general respect. May seem like I'm taking the easy way in picking many, but as I've said, I just tend to like people being nice, its just far too easy for people over the internet to slip into behavior they'd never dream of doing were they face to face with those they interact with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ugh, been dreading this question as soon as I read it.. I am not good at telling stories like that.. I'm better if I'm playing one part of it and actively there, than.. well, writing it all up. Bah, here goes:

With a heavy grunt, Garon twisted his wrist viciously, the strength of his other hand on the sword guard aiding in the brutal movement. An awful, gurgling cry emitted from the victim, before it was drowned out by the heavy patter of rain, pinging off the steel of Garon's pauldrons. The man shook his head slowly,and tore his sword from the flesh, a splatter of blood projecting from the action. He leaned down, rolling the figure onto its back, the gaping wound there seething the crimson liquid. She was young, human. He brushed her dark brown hair out of her face with leather gauntlets. Would have been beautiful too if not for the scar marring her jaw, up to above her ear.
"Idiot girl, told you not to run..."
The taint of remorse creeping into his tone angered him. He hated it when they were attractive. One of his foolish vices, he supposed. He sighed, almost approaching a snarl, and wiped his blade on her newly red stained blouse, and rose, turning with the heavy clank of his armour.
"Alright, ladies and gentlemen.. Someone'll be along this road sooner or later, gather the goods and get back to the caves. And finish any survivors!"
He merely stood there, staring out over the broken caravan, as his men, the bandits under his command, scurried about unloading the sacks of supplies. A quiet gurgling gasp to his left caught his attention. A man, recently missing an arm tried to drag himself across the dirt. A slight laugh sounded from his own throat, as he strode over to the poor, wounded man, and placed a heavy greave half under the man's bloody stump, and rolled him over.
"O-orcan skum!" The human half shouted, half spat.
At this, Garon just bellowed another grim laugh, bending down and setting his armoured knee atop the caravan guard's chest, he stared into those fearful, defiant blue eyes, for a moment he saw his own crooked, faintly tusked grin in the reflection, as he grabbed the man's jaw hard.
"Perhaps partly.. My dear man, but half of me is just like you." His voice cool, calm. He didn't give the fool a chance to reply. In one swift move, he drove his hand to the side, twisting the jaw in his grip, a sickening crunch as the neck snapped.
He loved that sound.
The half-orc bandit stood once more, sheathing his sword, and turned to aid his men with their work. It had been a pleasingly profitable day.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Don't think so. Only that I hope my introduction wasn't as boring as it sounds in re-reading it.
Welcome to the server, Velve!

It's a pretty good introduction.

Quote:Um.. I tend to lack a lot of confidence,
We all overcome obstacles! Were all pretty nice here, I'm sure it won't get in the way, we'll help you. :)

Quote:Ugh, been dreading this question as soon as I read it.. I am not good at telling stories like that.. I'm better if I'm playing one part of it and actively there, than.. well, writing it all up. Bah, here goes
For 'not good at telling stories' it's acually really good. I like it, and I hope to roleplay with you sometime in-game.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the roleplay at Conquest of the Horde, and good luck!
( If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns. Feel free to PM me. :)
Thanks.

Compared to most I know, its a pretty lame story.. But so long as its not terrible its a victory. :P

Hope to have fun here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie here! kire45 1 638 06-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Dilly