The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Warlock Book, Fanon?
Hello, I've found this info about magic here:
http://www.defiasrp.com/t4823-ic-book-gr...tch-flames

My question is, does it have any legit things in it? Can some of the spells be based on the information on this book. I can imagine some things wouldn't be allowed due lack of lore info such as,

"Pyromancer’s wine is a cheap imitation of Annihilan blood that is well beyond the potency of normal demon’s blood but nowhere near the true blood of pitlords."

What many people probably won't accept in RP due it's power. So, I'm just wondering if there are any thoughts.
A good read, certainly. The GMs would have to take a look at it.
Quote:What many people probably won't accept in RP due it's power.

Well, you hit it on the head there. /thread.

In all seriousness, I see no reason that this would be considered canon. I mean, come on, we have enough spells for Warlocks as-is; there's no real need for more. I also see no purpose for this "blood concoction," or whatever you wish to call it. I don't think that throwing demon blood into a pot and mixing it together does anything to increase the potency. If anything, mixing Doomguard blood with anything "lesser" just weakens it more.

I'll also say that there's some of this that's blatantly plagiarized from other universes. The idea of the Weave, for example, comes from multiple other places, the least of which being Forgotten Realms, where it centers as the sole explanation of how magic works. It's born of a God, literally. And WoW has nothing remotely similar to a Weave, which makes it silly to me. WoW has no need of such an explanation for its magic.

EDIT: I pretty much hold true to everything Panda and I said on GMI on this subject.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I'm not a huge fan of fanon for... any universe, really. I mean it's one thing to use a little fanon for flavor and customs (like what would you do at a gnomish wedding?) but I don't really like setting anything in stone and saying "well this makes sense so let's use it for WoW"
That looks purely fanon to me, I wouldn't take what it says as canon unless it's on wowpedia.
Quote:OOC: There have been several things I always wanted to do in WoW. One of them was to create a religion (check!), another was to write an IC warlock grimoire.

That's literally the first two sentences of what the guy writes. It's definitely not canon.
Ah, Melnerag the Gearmaster. This dude is my WoW RP mentor!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Mhh, well it was more for the spells and rituals, since they looked rather interesting.. I didn't meant canon too, I got the definition wrong I meant 'Fanon'.

But yes, then it's pretty clear, just did need to see some thoughts on it. Thanks for answering :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point can't Warlock use arcane? Kenert 12 3,051 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Warlock RP hyenaskate 3 1,102 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Open story/book/thingy, yay. Kira13 5 1,482 09-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Vladdy
  Saronsen's Warlock Guide [Work in progress] Saronsen 12 2,352 10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Arrillion
  Server Fanon Knock 40 5,340 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Azheron