The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

We can't connect!
Okay, I've tried reading up on other threads, for some reason we're still not able to log on. Do we need to have the Lich King? And our current version is 3.1.3, do we need to get 3.0.8a or 3.0.9? Wouldn't be downgrading? I'm just trying to get answers and I would PM one of the GM's about it, but it's been advised that I don't, so....

I need help, please? :]

Oh, yes, we also get this error:
Quote:But whenever i try to log in it says: Unable to Validate game version. This may be caused by file corruption or the interference of other program. Please visit Http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... eld=201031 for more information and possible solutions to this issue.
Quote:
Yes, you require to download WOTLK. There's a download link for it somewhere. And no, you don't need to buy it.

Also, yes, you'll have to downgrade.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
You need to Downgrade
Ah, thank you. :]

We'll try that then.
Ah, just ran into a little problem downgrading. We have a Mac computer, we don't use .exe files.
This is the part where I regrettably inform you that the solution to your issue, on a Mac, is to completely reinstall World of Warcraft.
Since Mac does not have the repair utility you must do a clean re-
install.

After the initial install, open your "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\realmlist.wtf and edit it to say

set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

That way it wont patch through blizzard's servers. However in doing so you must grab patches via the mirrors on other misc sites.

Any other issues or problems post here on the thread or hit me up on gtalk user ArmistadDlordaeron.
Does that mean that we won't be able to re-connect to the Live Server's ever?

I mean, I know we can, just by switching the realmlist.wtf and such, but one we do that won't the WoW server's kick back in and demand us to patch up our system?

In which then, it would mean we would have to reinstall WoW everytime we wanted to go back to the RP server?

That's what I gather anyway, am I reading wrong? I'm very sorry if I missed something. I'm bummed...I really wanted this to work, it takes 4 hours to install WoW on our comp...so inessence we would have to wait 4 hours...switch servers, then have fun...go back...and then wait another 4 hours in order to revisit the RP server?

Am I confusing? Haha, I'm sorry again just trying to get this working.
What most people do who play both live and here is create two wow folders.

This makes it so you have two copies, make sure one is patched to CoTH and one is patched to Live.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
If you system has the space and resources, once you get the reinstall to our current 3.08/3.09a you can then copy your wow folder to another directory and only patch that one. But again you will have to either delete that realmlist.wtf or just delete the data folder and let it rebuild it on it's own. I currently run 3 wow folders at the present time. One for UI testing, one for retail, and one for CotH.
Ahhhh... Oh my god I just got excited.

Sooo...to make sure that I'm about to do this right...

1. Copy Retail WoW Folder

2. Reinstall WoW

3. Alter realmlist.wtf COTH before allowing WoW to patch

4. Copy Newly made COTH folder

5. When wanting to run retail, Switch out folders.

Is that about right?

If so, what is the deal with the Lich King Expansion required to run COTH? As in, I need it right? If so...can I have that update applied only to the COTH Version? I don't have Lich King Right now. I'm waiting to get it. SO my Retail version folder isn't going to have it. But I the download on the site apparently will allow me to use COTH. If I get that, I'll only want to apply it to the COTH folder and not the retail folder. Will I have any issues with that?
If you want to keep it off (I don't think you can have one set to wrath and another not.) You can pm kret and he can set your account to play with whatever version you do have be it vanilla or BC.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I sent him a PM. But I think I was to late really. He logged. *sigh* NO worries, We'll work on profiles and such.

Also, when I am ready to get WotLK, will I have to contact you him again to have it switched back for it? Cuz I do plan to get it, for both of them.

Also, I have a MAc as I stated, so by Putting the WoW folders in a different "Directory" what do you mean? An alternate Hardrive? Or a Back-up Folder? I'm copying my retail files now...just want to make sure I store them in the right place so that switching back and forth is easy enough to not be a hassle.

You have no idea what this means to us by the way. I'm really glad that there are people willing to go out of their way to help get members, if only you could see the look on our faces. WE are soo excited about this, RPing is our world.
Look what I made!

[Image: NewBitmapImage2-1.jpg?t=1245480969]

I feel happy now.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
It is a lovely and somewhat informative photo. I think I get it...I now wish we had a PC. Our laptop...well lets say it's all ick when it come to games and such so phew.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to Connect. Blairin 36 5,517 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Blairin
  Cannot connect. PhilGobatto 2 1,040 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  Cannot connect RageFlayer 1 805 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Bingles
  Can't Connect Phases 3 1,015 08-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Can't connect wsemler 7 1,801 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Last Post: wsemler