The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Westmarch Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am an Army combat medic, and I like to write and tell stories. I've been roleplaying for a long time, almost a decade. I read all kinds of books, mostly horror, thriller and action plots (Tom Clancy, Thomas Harris, Stephen King are probably my favorite writers) and incorporate some of the styles to help me get my own ideas out in legible and entertaining ways.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, English. I'm going to be stationed in Alaska for the next three years with the 25th Infantry Division. Yay snow.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played with friends a long time ago, and they eventually got me into WoW. I've always enjoyed the dynamic of the several nations at each others throats and the characters that rise from it to diffuse the situation.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Referred here by a friend. (Rini)
Mostly, I just heard there was a good crowd of RPers here, and like to see them in their element without seeing "lol ths group sux" or something similar in the chat box every few moments.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Action, intrigue/espionage. As earlier stated, a small group of people or several small groups of people rising up to set things straight, for good or ill, is always interesting. These people (usually called heroes or villains, depending on which wins) are the stuff all legends are made. People still talk about the first time they and their friends either rolled some dice or set that first talent point and how they earned that, which boss or villain they dispatched to get it, and the people they remember doing that with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orcs, for their social and cultural evolution over the series, and the tragic story of the high elves, and their perserverence against those hardships. Rogues are my bread and butter, requiring some though and strategy to play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good stories, and interesting people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The ones regarding civility towards others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The air was thick, both in a literal sense, and figurative. Early morning fog, too early to be melted by daylight, cloaked the streets with an opaque blanket, measured equally with a still feeling of tenseness. In front of a building stood two sentries, both wide-awake with a sense of duty, knowing the importance of the meeting inside the structure they yet protected. Armed well, and wrapped in the best protective material their employer could afford, the two both sensed how badly things could get if they needed to do more than look impressive at their post.
Not far from the pair of sentinels, high above on scaffolding, a single person sat crouched, hidden from view by a stack of construction supplies, bricks and mortar buckets. He knew his job, to the letter of the contract, and observed the guards outside his area of operation. They were experienced, had combat experience, by the look of how they held their weapons with the same respect and thoughtfulness as they might their wives or family. The operative admired and respected them, the other half; he considered them, performing their job with a similar professionalism and attitude. Shame, he thought, that they and so many others like them had to die, but such was the nature of his profession, and theirs as well.
The guards scanned the shrouded streets, unaware of how short time was for the both of them. Regrettable, but necessary, the operative assured himself, not for the first time as he prepared the tools of his lethal trade, and calculated all the physics of his initial move in this interval of the job.
It was time, theirs, his, and the objective inside's.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at the moment.
Hello there, Westmarch! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Yaaaaay, snow! We've got a lot of that over here in Sweden, too. :P

I'm glad you enjoy intrigue. That's one of my personal favourites, as well. It's difficult to pull off unless everyone's involved in it somehow, though, so it's a matter of finding the right people to pull off a lasting storyline of the kind. I hope you'll be able to help in sparking up more of that kind of roleplay!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin