The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wildhammer Dwarves, really that special?
I once made a Wildhammer Dwarf, it was treated as a special one, I have one question, though. Why was it regarded as a special profile? The different humans (Sub?) races aren't (Dalaran, Kul Tiras, Gilneas).

Also it is not like they aren't part of the alliance, like with the non-darkspear jungle troll and the horde.

They do not have a different model than the normal Dwarf in game, like with High Elves and Blood Elves, also they require no messing with reputation. (Just Tattoos, which are optional)

They aren't a rare kind either, as far as I know.

These dwarves owe their names to their faction, not to their race.

So, I was just wondering what the reason was.

Loves,
Roobie-do-baa.

Edit: How about Half Wildhammer Dwarves, the other half is Ironforge Dwarf?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Slightly paraphrased quote from a Wildhammer Dwarf NPC in Aerie Peak:

Quote:We are NOT part of the Alliance.

There ya go.
Quote:Faction/Affiliation Alliance

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Wildhammer_dwarves

Quote:For a while the Wildhammer clan was not technically part of the Alliance, having become neutral, they still kept ties with the alliance members, and worked with the Alliance. It appears they have recently rejoined the Alliance fully (in-game). Their relationship with the gryphons of the Hinterlands has proven profitable as the Alliance has established an extensive travel network using these flying beasts. In addition to convenient travel the Wildhammer are an important military force, in Outland for example the Wildhammer clan is supplying select Alliance members with gryphons of their own and performing bombing operation on important legion-controlled points. There are rumors of members of the Wildhammer clan residing in the human city of Stormwind as well as the dwarven city of Ironforge. Wildhammers have a kinship with the high elves due to the fact the Quel'Danil Lodge is nearby, but are still hostile to the newly organized blood elves, as the Wildhammer clan considers members of the Horde to be their enemies.

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Wildhammer_dwarv..._relations
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
He does seem to have a point here...
Good point. Plus, I forgot about how they fought in the Second War more than the Ironforge Dwarves did. Hmmm. I guess you're right. I'm not sure, then. (The NPC does say something like that though!)
The Dark Irons, Ironforge Dwarves and Wildhammers all come from the same clan, from before the war of the Three Hammers. The Dark Irons were "corrupted/changed" due to their enslavement to Ragnaros, while the Wildhammers didn't really change much. Though their skin became darker and a little more red, and they began sporting elaborate tattoos.

They shouldn't really have to be special profiles because of their looks (which is nearly identical to Ironforge dwarves), but you have to keep in mind that their lore and history needs to be handled with more care than the run-off-the-mill dwarves. They are different in many ways, and you would need to be sure that whoever plays one knows how to stick to the role.
Frostwolf Orcs are different from normal ones, why aren't they special?
You were the first person in a long time, if not first overall, to actually ask to play one, thus we had it be a special profile. :wink:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Because I am special? D'aw, that's so sweet ^^.
The question falls: Do they remain Special? (I'm all for any measures you take to make sure they are handled semi-intelligently.)
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I wouldn't say so, no.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Not Special anymore? Cool! But Half Wildhammer and Half Ironforge, would that count as a halfbreed? If not, how about half Dark Iron Half Ironforge? They aren't unlikely but just old? (Moira and Thaurissan's have a special profile for her half Dark Iron son, that's why he isn't born yet XD)
I'd have to say that cross-clan would be just as controversial as cross-race. While the Wildhammer and Ironforge dwarves are of the same race, they aren't exactly best buds. The Wildhammers prefer to remain aloof up in the Aerie Peaks. Not only would a couple between the two clans be unlikely, but the child would be shunned by Wildhammer dwarves and Ironforge dwarves alike and labeled clanless. Meaning, it'd be the same as any other half-breed.

As for half Dark Iron, it'd be just as illogical. Dark Iron dwarves are kill on sight, and mistrusted by the other two clans. If you reveal that you're half Dark Iron, if it wasn't already obvious from your obsidian-colored skin, then you'd be either imprisoned or executed. It'd be the same as a half Fel-orc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community Inquiry II: Custom Spell for Special Classes CappnRob 17 7,091 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  LF Dwarves or Orcs! Grogloki 35 4,599 09-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Grogloki
  Earthborn: A Guide to Dwarves CappnRob 14 2,945 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: chanan12
  Regarding special profiles. Adam255 6 1,364 05-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Living DKs: Special profile? Kretol 52 7,709 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Psycho