Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Mathias
03-08-2020 11:41 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 84128
What is glistening
Last Post: Maulbane
02-17-2020 06:37 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1875
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sol
11-18-2019 01:39 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 253
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3301

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Will's Checklist for a new Starfox
Right, for some reason I'm in a REALLY heavy Starfox mood today and I know that by the end of the day I'm going to have played the crap out of my SNES and N64. Also turns out that the original game turned 20 earlier this year; I'm only 24 (25 in October), and...I remember when I first played it, way back in 1993. Heh, time sure does fly, doesn't it?

Well, I did some poking around, and turns out that Shigeru Miyamoto would like to see a new game in the series, and Hideki Kamiya of Platinum Games (He helped create Devil may Cry, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Resident Evil 1-2-Zero, the Viewtiful Joe series, and more) has shown strong interest in making a new installment in the series. While pondering that, I actually came up with a ten-point checklist of what I think a new Starfox game should include:

#1: More aerial missions than ground/foot-based, of course!

#2: Let us explore the inside of the Great Fox, damn it; it's been 16 years already!

#3: Fox isn't Master Chief. Ground missions should be played more like Metal Gear Solid (sneaking), or Gears of War/Mass Effect (Cover-based, lots of gadgets in the latter example)

#4: I want to see more of Fox & Krystal's relationship, both the good and the bad. Someone like Fox is going to have some serious issues.

#5: At LEAST 18 missions. I'm tired of weak single player experiences in so many recent games.

#6: Let's see more of Star Wolf, see what it is that really makes Fox & Wolf tick as rivals; plus, it'd be nice to see more from Star Wolf's perspective.

#7: Side missions, playable as either Fox or Wolf (depending on the job). Surely the Cornerian Military isn't the only group that hires Starfox, and certainly not Starwolf! Show us how these commandos-for-hire earn their living!

#8: A T rating, bordering an M rating at -least-. I want explosions, people getting banged-up, Wolf and Falco using their full vocabularies, the likes!

#9: An explanation about Andross' whole giant-head thing, please! How, why, etc.

#10: TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO JAMES FOR REAL, DAMN IT!
Three easy steps to defeat the Scourge!
1: Breed MASSIVE hyena clans
2: Release said hyena clans into Scourge territory
3: Figure out a solution to the newfound hyena problem while nature runs it's course
PM
I would be pleased if you didn't wake me up listening to Starfox music.

But they need to go back to basics. Moar SNES Starfox. Then maybe I'd play it again.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Oh, and a somewhat-related pic that made me giggle:

[Image: gallery_661_49_132756.jpg]

P.S.: Try typing "Do a barrel roll" into Google, se what happens!
Three easy steps to defeat the Scourge!
1: Breed MASSIVE hyena clans
2: Release said hyena clans into Scourge territory
3: Figure out a solution to the newfound hyena problem while nature runs it's course
PM
You have awoken a sleeping giant of terrible wrath, Kepora. I'm one of the most die hard, old school, anger filled, bitter, cynical, "why do I even cling to this fandom" members of the Starfox Community. And you have stirred me from my thousand years of slumber :|

(In all seriousness I'm not trying to be combative but I'm pretty argumentive when it comes to what is "good" for Starfox given how the series screwed itself over three times in a row now I safely assume noone in the fandom or Nintendo knows what the hell they're doing. Take whatever I say with a grain of salt and a sense of humor.)

Quote:#1: More aerial missions than ground/foot-based, of course!

Legit. Actually, forget the foot missions entirely. Starfox, not Groundfox :| They're ace mercenary pilots, not the A-Team. (Exceptions for LAAAANDMAAAAASTER)

Quote:#2: Let us explore the inside of the Great Fox, damn it; it's been 16 years already!

This... might actually be cool. Maybe if it was like an interactive upgrade system in between levels to beef up your Arwing, IDK. Nothing serious or indepth.

Quote:#3: Fox isn't Master Chief. Ground missions should be played more like Metal Gear Solid (sneaking), or Gears of War/Mass Effect (Cover-based, lots of gadgets in the latter example)

No ground missions that aren't in a tank >:( There's plenty of footguy shootan games out there.

Quote:#4: I want to see more of Fox & Krystal's relationship, both the good and the bad. Someone like Fox is going to have some serious issues.

They tried this with Starfox Command and not only was it TERRIBLE BEYOND WORDS, everyone hated it too. I'd like to see a more fleshed out relationship with Fox and... anyone, really (he's such a dumb piece of cardboard), but keep that crappy PTSD soap opera crap out of my light hearted animal themed 90s space shooter :|

Quote:#5: At LEAST 18 missions. I'm tired of weak single player experiences in so many recent games.

Eh, more missions sounds nice, but what really made the older games (SF64 and SNES) rock was their replayability, particularly the route system in SF64. Mixing and matching encouraged repeated playthroughs to find all the stuff you missed, because you can't get it all in one go.

That said, if we get another linear crapfest like Assault, I will physically harm something.

Quote:#6: Let's see more of Star Wolf, see what it is that really makes Fox & Wolf tick as rivals; plus, it'd be nice to see more from Star Wolf's perspective.

This I can agree to, somewhat. I like some ambiguity over Fox and Wolf's rivalry, but I would like to see more of Star Wolf acting like a unit/family. My personal head canon is they're all space desperados with nowhere to go but each other :| (which makes me mad that Namco just kicked out Andrew and Pigma so recklessly. Ugh.)

Quote:#7: Side missions, playable as either Fox or Wolf (depending on the job). Surely the Cornerian Military isn't the only group that hires Starfox, and certainly not Starwolf! Show us how these commandos-for-hire earn their living!

I can definitely agree to this, but only if Starfox takes the "heroic" missions. Stuff like being Robin Hood... IN SPACE! Starfox are mercenaries, but they're pretty much at least chaotic good. Also, if there are missions where CORNERIA IS SECRETLY AN OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT OVERTHROW THEM, there WILL be blood :|

Quote:#8: A T rating, bordering an M rating at -least-. I want explosions, people getting banged-up, Wolf and Falco using their full vocabularies, the likes!

Starfox is NOT a grimdark young adult's immature wet dream. It never has, it NEVER will be, or should be. It is a light hearted, arcade style action shooter. It is a spectacle game first and foremost, a Saturday Morning Cartoon of games if you will. While it could benefit from some better character development (even Saturday Morning Cartoons could have great development for their silly plots, like Digimon!), going full YOUNG ADULT VIDYA VIOLENCE BLOOD SEX AND SWEARING IS just... no. it's wrooooong. There's plenty of other games for that, that both do it ironically (Farcry 3, especially Blood Dragon), and unironically (Mass Effect), we don't NEED this in Starfox. Starfox is about fighting evil in spacejets and saving the day while spitting out the most poorly written one liners in history.

Quote:#9: An explanation about Andross' whole giant-head thing, please! How, why, etc.

The SNES comics did this, actually. He uses his telekinetic amplifier to maake himself appear monstrous and shoot mind lasers. Failing that, he's an insane mad doctor who clones himself to live forever, I'm sure he's not beyond mutating himself into a GIANT SPACE HEAD WITH LASER EYES.

Quote:#10: TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO JAMES FOR REAL, DAMN IT!

James McCloud is as alive or dead as he damn well pleases :|

(But seriously he's more or less some sort of Force Ghost or something).
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
[-] The following 6 users Like CappnRob's post:
  • Wuvvums, c0rzilla, JTJP770, ImagenAshyun, Geoni, Drust
Quote:
Quote:#8: A T rating, bordering an M rating at -least-. I want explosions, people getting banged-up, Wolf and Falco using their full vocabularies, the likes!

All I can think of when people do that is...

Spoiler:
[Image: shadow-the-hedgehog--with-motorcycle.png]

EDIT: GOOD GOD THAT'S HUGE.

I gotta make my point I guess.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 2 users Like Harmonic's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Rini
PM
...So I think the best part of this thread is how Cappn's giantfreakingpost is punctuated by his signature. *Shirt rip* "I'm done here :|"
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Caravan's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Harmonic, CappnRob
PM
*Lands on Dinosaur Planet*

"I don't get it General. Why can't I just bring my -blaster-!?" *Fist into palm*

"Because you'll shoot the shit out of everything, Fox."

"No I wouldn't."

*First Ground Mission of Assault*

Me: "My God. Pepper was right."
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 3 users Like Xigo's post:
  • CappnRob, ImagenAshyun, SachikoMaeda
PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if Hideki Kamiya is doing Star Fox, it will most likely feature less space battles. Hideki Kamiya is a real sucker for third person shooters, having pretty much invented the shoulder camera perspective, and I think his resume is also pointing towards a lot of action games. He's never actually done a vehicle segment ever that wasn't horrible, I'm looking at you Bayonetta, and I don't think he's interested in them either.

That said, I'd kill for some new actually good space fighter games. They're incredibily rare these days and it's even rarer that they're good. Before my PC broke I had just purchased Strike Suit Zero and when I played that game I had difficulties containing my nerdgasms. The gaming world needs more of that stuff.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM