The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Worgen Female Model Swap
Ever since I hopped in-game on my Worgen, I've heard nearly constant complaints and ridiculing about the female Worgen model. For a while I was annoyed. I wondered if Worgen would be the new thing to complain about, like blood elf male gender displays.

So, I looked into this model thing. And found these:

Spoiler:
[Image: worgen_female_model_2__silver_by_frisket17-d323yxw.jpg]

[Image: worgenfemale_myedit2.jpg]

[Image: 1275041478.png]

[Image: alpha2j.png]

Yes please. I finally get it.

Also, who noticed how bugged the skeletons of the final models were? I didn't.

Spoiler:
[Image: RAI2Wl.jpg]

I dug a little more, asked around, and came across a patch (or whatever it is) to swap the models, right here.

Like all (most?) files like this, only you will see the changes, since you have it. If another person doesn't, they'll see your newly awesome worgen as the old chihuahua model. This also affects NPCs.

BIG NOTE: You'll need to crack the WoW.exe to get this to work, and here's the instructions for it. For those with streaming clients, the WoW.exe crack thing will screw up streaming. When I say screw up, I mean I had to re-extract all those zip folders I had to download. So, either get a full client, or wait it out until it's done streaming. You can see how far you are by going to the interface bar/action bar, whatever it is in WoW and hovering over the Game Menu button. Look for "Download X% Complete", and that'll tell you.

Also read Scout's tech posts below.

After some frustrating tries because I am a tech-derp....VICTORY.
Spoiler:
[Image: jh31pl.jpg]

[Image: 210mtea.jpg]

[Image: 316uc6s.jpg]

Other notes: The transformation animation is a bit disjointed, with disconnected arms flailing about. Minor. Confirmed that the Running Wild animation doesn't work, it's just your character running fast on their feet. Headpieces are a smidge large. and goggles end up on your nose. There is no dance animation, but who wanted Poker Face anyway. The exclamation animation (!) also doesn't work. The frequent sniffing animation annoyed me, but others might not mind it. Though, while the visual animation is present, the HORRIBLE SOUND of the normal version is gone. Yay.

A few examples of the goofy headgear problem. Images are rather large.

Spoiler:
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171850_zpsfc1c9273.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171807_zps820bfbde.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171755_zps1b34e176.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171716_zpsad3b602f.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171712_zpsaf7c1f4d.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171657_zpse5f378f6.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171606_zpsf5fc5861.jpg]
[Image: WoWScrnShot_060613_171559_zpsb709183d.jpg]

Latest discovery--a couple of the Death Knight faces are bugged. Horribly, terrifyingly bugged. Here's an example. Another Death Knight problem is the calves vanish when you wear certain leg pieces. I haven't gone through to see which ones, so be mindful if you really want your Death Knight.
Spoiler:
[Image: WoWScrnShot_061313_133230_zps475ceeb6.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Checked it out. Says the download is invalid.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Which post did you use? The first post definitely is. This is the second one, the one Scout sent me.
Where is it if not the first? Worth mentioning. Overall, brilliant model change.
[Image: 8.jpg]
In order to use this mod, you need to crack your WoW.exe file, which you have to do using this thing.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of...mover.html

Unfortunately, since it's an EXE, it won't work on Mac clients. :/

Also, you download it from the post with the character creation screenshot. You need to rename the downloaded file to "wow-update-15595.mpq", I believe.
(04-25-2013, 09:03 AM)Scout Wrote: In order to use this mod, you need to crack your WoW.exe file, which you have to do using this thing.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of...mover.html

Unfortunately, since it's an EXE, it won't work on Mac clients. :/

Also, you download it from the post with the character creation screenshot. You need to rename the downloaded file to "wow-update-15595.mpq", I believe.

Can I use the EXE on the mac files from my PC? My last computer was a Mac, so I can empathize with the troubles like that. I might even have a cata mac client lying around on one of my external hard drives. :P

And C0r, you took my thread idea! You ninja! XD
Updated the OP with an important note.
Ooo. So it all works?
Not sure yet. I haven't been able to test it, as I use a streaming client. If anyone has a full client and has the mod, let us know!
Updated the OP with screenshots of great victory and changed the first link. Download that, stick it in your Data folder. Remember the .exe cracking, and you don't need to worry about renaming this one.
As per c0r's request:
Spoiler:
[Image: dfrwf.png]

Now I don't get that squicky feeling from looking at those freaky release models!
Here's Dae's Morgen being the most adorable fluffy puppy ever. Give her some bacoooon.

Spoiler:
[Image: 21mi5ox.jpg]
Giving this a bump for new folk!
I was fairly skeptical about it. Surely it can't be that big a deal, I thought to myself. The nitpicky bugs c0rzilla mentioned are only a fraction of the time you'll be looking at these alpha-phase models. Though I should mention if you're a picky head-piece person like I am, a test-run of the mod might be in order.

What really sold me was the hair. The normal model's hair was really lack-luster. These new models actually have some styles to choose from. The biggest thing is that the human's hair color is directly related to the worgen, as well. Before it did not matter if the human had black, brown, red, blonde or white hair- the worgen would always be black.

[Image: Female-Worgen-Hair-Colors.jpg]

I would say if you're unsure, give it a test. To revert back to normal is just a delete away.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Updated the OP with images of the goofy headgear problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Worgen Form in Public c0rzilla 38 5,003 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Aadora
  Alliance Worgen vs. Feral Worgen Aadora 9 2,345 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Avitz
  Becoming Worgen? Micheru 27 4,575 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Anski