The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Worgen Form in Public
A question for the community and team!

How forbidden is the Worgen form in public? By public, I mean stomping around in full fur mode in mostly human settlements. Perhaps dwarven as well. Maybe the Exodar too. Kal'dorei aside, most seem very uncomfortable with it, which is totally understandable. I quite enjoy the conflict of keeping it as hidden as possible, lest a citizen yell BEEEEAST, GUARDS.

However.

These two NPCs have me puzzled. This screenshot was taken in the Cathedral square. I've not looked too hard, but I haven't seen them elsewhere.

Spoiler:
[Image: 24xqpg6.jpg]

So--entirely forbidden? Alright, so long as you're chill? Up to the player and their friends?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I believe, as emissaries, they might be an exception due to them being ambassadors from Gilneas. Being in worgen form would make it easier to find them and also be more... 'representative'.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Well, but even Genn Greymane (who is a Worgen, too, IIRC) doesn't do it inside the Keep. Perhaps, if some of note do, and some do not, it's up to the individual's choice.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Personally speaking, I don't know why it'd be illegal. I mean, once we're past the "OMG WHAT ARE THOSE FUR-COVERED WOLFMEN AAAAAAAHHHHHH SAVEMESAVEMESAVEME!"

And we're past that point.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Personally I think it would depend on how your character views it socially. That is, whether they embrace it or would rather hide it. You see a mix in WoW, so I tend to assume that some just feel its a secret they'd rather not expose to mixed company, while others are more accepting of the change and just roll with it.

I don't think its something the guards would get called over, but I think it might be something that some might treat with bias.
Also, those Gilnean Emissaries are BG NPCs (the ones that pop up during BG holidays). They're probably in Worgen form for OOC purposes, so players can tell easily at a glance which BG holiday it is.
Amusingly enough, those NPCs were actually spawned by me (and I did in fact pick out ones in worgen form, heh). So not actually in-game stuff, though they do normally appear around the city for BG holidays.
I hope it's legal at least. Might not want everyone knowing you're a worgen but it is one of the perks of being the race and it'd be kind of disappointing if you couldn't use it in any public rp.
(04-29-2013, 05:37 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Personally speaking, I don't know why it'd be illegal. I mean, once we're past the "OMG WHAT ARE THOSE FUR-COVERED WOLFMEN AAAAAAAHHHHHH SAVEMESAVEMESAVEME!"

And we're past that point.

"Sir, we don't allow animals in this establishment. You'll have to leave your dog outside."
Some people sure will see Worgens as terribly as they see Forsaken. Most will certainly prejudice, at least. Especially in the countryside.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
I imagine you're allowed to be in Worgen form, however don't expect people to be very peachy about your presence. I assume many citizens would rather the beasts...not look so much like beasts as they try to get used to accepting someone who was once an enemy. I also don't recommend changing in the middle of a city. That might trigger a lot of 'shoot first ask later' responses. People are jumpy!
I guess it's akin to how people were first apprehensive about the Death Knights wandering about once they were first freed from Arthas.

Everyone knows the Worgen are allies now. They might not like it, but at least the townsguard won't intervene until they have reason to suspect something / get spooked.
The other thing to remember is, in many cases it's not the looking like a wolf that can get you dirty looks in return, but that being a worgen identifies you as Gilnean, who were tentatively re-inducted into the Alliance not for being wolf people, but for having left the Alliance and building a wall separating themselves around the second war, before the worgen curse even took hold.
I picture them just like DKs. They were the enemy and suddenly they are walking around your cities and you are supposed to take them in as your allies. Worgen are practically the creatures of children's scary stories and of course, more real stories of the things they have done. The DKs were the Scourge's most powerful weapon. They slaughtered relentlessly and then suddenly... the Alliance and Horde were to just accept them into their society?

People probably feel uncomfortable around them, and most likely many are even frightened just by the sight of them. I don't think anyone would -attack- them even for changing. They aren't Gilnean humans anymore, they are Worgen and people are just going to have to accept that.

As far as I know, by the king's orders the Worgen are to be treated as any other member of the Alliance and people would be assured there is nothing to fear from them and told that they are far different from the Worgen that most people know of.

As I said, just like with DKs people just need time to get used to the fact that the once horror story bad guys are friendly now.

PS. Lox beat me to it but hey, mine has more to read to waste your time!
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
In addition to Worgen being a fairly new addition, not everyone of the Alliance (especially other humans) will be accepting to a curse they do not fully understand. Even if you educate them with the serum and such, the prejudice still lies. Worgen have haunted Duskwood and Northrend for a long time now. It won't take until a while until the fears are widely subsided. Three months isn't long enough for people to be fully accepting of cured Worgen.

While not illegal, perhaps out of common courtesy, it's recommended that Worgen are in human form while in public. Kind of like how it's not illegal to bring your gun or sword to a city but highly unrecommended you use it in public, even if you know what you're doing and you're being careful.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legal/Public Status of Shadow Users c0rzilla 28 7,222 01-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Worgen Female Model Swap c0rzilla 17 19,110 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Alliance Worgen vs. Feral Worgen Aadora 9 2,345 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Avitz
  Becoming Worgen? Micheru 27 4,575 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM