The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

WotLK Downloading
From my expirience the "invalid information part" isn't a patching issue and an account issue. (Talking to myself)

You may want to make sure the server which you switched your realmlist to is still on. Lots of the big WoW private servers closed down and I think they may still be down.

Make sure that the changes are being saved to your realmlist when you attempt to change the realmlist itself. For me, I check off "Read only" and drag it to my desktop, change it, then drag it back.

If the server you are trying to connect to is working and you still can't get in, try getting your password sent to you from the server or make a new account. I know that I have several account names on dozens of servers and I often get them mixed up between my other account name / password combonations.

If none of these suggestions work for you, then I'm out of ideas.
Hope it helps though!
[Image: Signature125.jpg]

"Stop and restart...forgive, never forget and never live any life buried in regret."
I'm afraid none of those ideas are working. :(

But thanks for the help anyway! :)
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I used to have the same problem as Hawk, and the solution was rather simple:
The Realmlist file should now be placed in a new folder!
The correct place to put the Realmlist in WotLK is
World of Warcraft\Data\enUS ,
or enGB if you're on European servers.

I hope that solves the problem, or I'm out of ideas too :)
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
Hogral. I love you.

It actually solved the problem.

<3!!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hrr, glad to be of help. It had already registered at 3 different servers and reset the passwords several times before I figured it out :)
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
Semai Wrote:For those who don't have the means to pay for it, here is what looks to be a reliable and somewhat easy download for it.

So for me, I got the download thing, got about 80 percent done, and then I got this message:

The file "Localization.xml" could not be loaded.

And then it quit on me...

so did this happen to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it Cry
A similar thing happened to me. The installer was installing just fine until about 78% an error window popped up saying the installer needed to close. It did so but the data is still somewhere on my computer taking up about 10 GB. Any ideas where it is so I can delete it and re-install?
"Now, the problem is, if you use these exploding gloves you have to have skin of steel or be willing to lose a hand."
"The buck stops here! Why? BECAUSE IT'S MINE!"
Just do a search for the data and you should be able to find it, I can't remember if you choose the download location on that link. As for the actual error that is rather strange, all I can suggest is running the installer again and seeing what happens. A copy paste of the error message might be helpful as well.
[Image: Signature.png]
I just did a search with the keyword of "lich" and only got 5 files, but from what the search program says these files don't even add up to 1 GB. I deleted them but now I'm down to 3 GB on my hard drive in comparison to the 16 I had when I started the installation.
"Now, the problem is, if you use these exploding gloves you have to have skin of steel or be willing to lose a hand."
Ok, i fixed that problem, for those with the same problem, here is the link

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5598&sid=1

but when i ran the installer, i got 1% done and then i got this message

The file "MPQs-1\Classic common\unconditional\Data#common-2.MPQ\Creature\ArcaneGolem\ArcaneGolem0060-00.anim" in archive "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft Installer\Installer Tome 2.mpq" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)

Help please!!! You guys are the greatest!!
The files should be downloaded someplace in program files I believe. As for the other problem, this means you are using a different installer than the one that should be used with the files you downloaded, or there are still remains from your previous install. I would suggest any ONE of the following:

1) If you are using a different installer than the one used to download then don't.

2) Delete these files
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft

Although this probably means you have to download it again.

3) Delete any temporary files (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup).

These solutions were given by Blizzard. I've never had this problem myself, but you can give it a shot.
As of now it looks like I'll have to completely re-install World of Warcraft, but at least I have the discs for the original game and Burning Crusade. Although I've just cleaned up my PC a little bit for more room to install, now to see what happens.

Although I'm kind of questioning why the installer doesn't act like how I've heard the discs work. With the discs you would buy at a retail store, they would check to see what files you have and what needs to be edited before it started working on your computer in case of the installation being interrupted. Why isn't the downloaded installer just as easy? :?
I'm fairly sure you aren't able to pick up an install from leaving it off. If you forced an install to end without closing it properly then you most likely corrupted the files.
Awww man... That's lame. Guess I heard wrong then, right? Anyway, this is a question more pointed at everyone. When you use the installer for WotLK does it say (How much you've downloaded here)/ 4.2 GB? If what I'm installing is only 4.2 why does the installer require over 9.9 GB?

Can't believe I haven't thanked Vrahn yet, you get a high five! *Insert manly high-five*
When you download a massive file such as a game it is compressed to a more reasonable size via archiving and stuff. Once you unpack it to do the actual install it goes up in size, sometimes doubling as is the case with WoW (and most MMOs). In addition patches can add up pretty fast with most being around 250mb in size.

*Returns manly high-five* Hope it works :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total RP 2 for WotLK? Holynexus 2 6,236 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  CotH Census (Post-WotLK) Qaza 163 24,862 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Hinbane
  Little details that you like about WotLK gryphonqueen13 54 6,348 12-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Mikain
  Question about WotLK Monolith 5 1,236 07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Grakor456