The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wrath of the Lich King Sun's Ascent [Horde - Custom Patch]
[Image: screenshot20120816at249.png]

Sun’s Ascent

During a time that seems like so long ago, the elves and the humans had a relatively peaceful relationship. They were mostly free to wander each other’s lands, provided they followed the laws set up by the respective owners of the land. It was during this time of peace that Sun’s Ascent was founded and built by the high elves.

A band of Farstriders had been moving though the area due to a complaint they had received about trolls in the area. Searching turned up almost nothing until the moon was high in the sky. They managed to find high ground and had intended to set up camp, but were ambushed by a larger group of trolls than expected.

Both groups fought each other with as much as they could, and for a while it seemed as if the elves would lose. Luck would have it that they were on the higher grounds and they managed to keep the ground by raining arrows down at the climbing trolls. By the time the sun reached over the horizon, the high elves were able to claim total victory.

In honor of the fallen, and finding the land to be a rather good point to have an advantage, the elves decided to erect a city in the area. Remembering the cheers of his men at the rising of the sun, the leader of the group called the would-be city Sun’s Ascent. Construction underwent almost immediately once the reports made it back to Silvermoon.

At first, it was only to be a small outpost for the Farstriders, but the builders and higher ups soon realized that much more could be made of the area. Expansion came quickly and the outpost grew into a decent sized village.

Sun’s Ascent never saw too many happenings due to its location in Northern Lordaeron. A small Alliance town was built in a valley nearby in order to spread the word of the Light to them, but that never lead to much conflict as both races tolerated each other’s presence.

Sadly, the elven village was no match for the might of the Scourge. Many fled to the human village in order to hide behind the paladins that the town lodged. The populace remained there until Lastwatch was unable to hold all of the people. They fled with the humans once they were able too, the city abandoned in a panic.

Years later, the survivors of the war, now known as blood elves, lead others to reclaim and repair the village. Some wretched and lingering undead were easily disposed of and the workers spent day and night reviving the once thriving city. A small shrine was built during this time as well as an area for Light worship over a pond.

The land is not as green as it once was and the elves are slowly bringing life back into the plants. Trees have sprouted and grass is growing once more. The only thing disturbing the peace is the proximity of the city that now houses enemies.

The city has now been deemed safe enough to be lived in once again.

Welcome to Sun’s Ascent.

[Image: screenshot20120816at243.png]

The city features:

• A goverment building
  • A sanctum
  • An Inn
  • A rather snazzy sanctum.
  • A place for light worship at the nearby pond.
  • Several housing options
  • A trade market.
  • Farstrider tents.
  • A park

[Image: screenshot20120816at244.png]

OOC

Sun’s Ascent is a Horde RP location located ICly in Northern Lordaeron. It’s been newly reopened after the city was repaired.

YOU WILL NEED THE CUSTOM PATCH TO VIEW THIS VILLAGE. Download the patch and drop it into your data folder. If you have trouble, make sure you don’t have any conflicting patches.

To get to this location go to:
RP locations [PATCH NEEDED] -> RP location Selector

Once on the platform [you’ll fall though if you don’t have the patch], choose the Sun's Ascent portal by the Horde flag. The portal looks like the one that takes you to Silvermoon City.

Note: The bulk of the building was done by Rigley. I added in a few things [like benches, cats, banners, ect] and got to make the post, but the credit goes to Rigley.
Damn! You guys have really outdone yourselves with these places!
Looks nice but I wonder, are we supposed to not be able to reach the human village below?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(08-16-2012, 12:41 PM)Bovel Wrote: Looks nice but I wonder, are we supposed to not be able to reach the human village below?

The human village (Lastwatch Mission) is not to be approached out of a gesture of thanks to their harboring of the elves following the fall of the village. That being said, Lastwatch is also technically abandoned, and thus there isn't much interest regarding it at any rate.

(Unless Reigen prefers another explanation, of course; but that's my default one.)
[Better than the one I had, so we'll go with that!]
Reigen would add in the cats.

Anyways, this looks neat! I know I'll be making use of it.
(08-16-2012, 02:02 PM)Sadron Wrote: Reigen would add in the cats.

Anyways, this looks neat! I know I'll be making use of it.

We need more cats. We need ALL the cats.
We need a ZOO of cats from around Azeroth. Bring in tourists! Revenue for the small elf-town economy!

Man, I need to make a character who wants to open a zoo now...
Hey! Cats are quoted in -lore- to be a beloved animal of Blood Elves. It's in lore! I am justified!
(08-16-2012, 02:19 PM)Reigen Wrote: Hey! Cats are quoted in -lore- to be a beloved animal of Blood Elves. It's in lore! I am justified!

You think I wasn't serious?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrath of the Lich King The Temple of Kurettrath [Custom Patch] Krilari 4 1,908 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Wrath of the Lich King Vale's Heart [Alliance - Custom Patch] Reigen 3 1,655 01-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Wrath of the Lich King Alliance Estate [Alliance - Custom Patch] Rigley 10 2,504 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Wrath of the Lich King Blood Elf Estates [Custom Patch] Reigen 8 2,633 12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Sadron
  Wrath of the Lich King Ratchet-on-the-Rocks [Custom Patch] Caravan 21 8,351 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Scow2