The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: WotLK - Reactivated Live account or no?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! I've reactivated my live account and am currently trying out the new content.
8.33%
6 8.33%
My live account was already still active, and I went back to focusing on it with the new expansion.
9.72%
7 9.72%
My live account is now active, and I switch back and forth to play there and here.
20.83%
15 20.83%
No, I didn't reactivate or switch back to live to try out WotLK. No money, no interest, etc.
61.11%
44 61.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wrath of the Lich King Poll - Live Accounts
Haven't played wow retail since a month into TBC. Now im on Steam & Age of conan & wow coth.
Who Loves Orange Soda?
T7 has five parts.

No, I'm not going to play on retail. It's stupid to waste money on something if you can get it for free, plus the RP on the live servers is...

Well, you know what I mean right?
You really can't get the Live WoW experience on Private servers, only all the phat epix and loot. Dungeons do not work correctly nor do most scripted events. Which means all the things that Blizzard actually put lore behind? You don't get to witness it. You don't get to see The Lich King reprise King Ymiron for his role in Utgarde Pinnacle, Battles do not work correctly.

Even if you aren't in it for the Lore PvE experience, it's nice to appreciate the effort Blizzard has put into this new expansion. Most new quests in Northrend have fun little aspects to them that will not work with Private Server, simply because of the complexity involved.

Of course, I'm sure none of you miss the community experience with the roleplaying aspect, but you really do get to meet some stellar people when you aren't focused on seeing WoW as full of the demented and the idiotic (Even though it is) and start to find friends in people while you enjoy a fundamentally sound People VS Environment aspect. Teamwork. In a non-shooter.

Conquest is perfect for those looking for a server that doesn't contain the idiots of Live. But that does not mean we have a perfect community. There will be bigots. There will be arguments and conflict. There will be assumptions and arrogance, and ego-stroking. It's how we attempt to take these things with humility (or not) that enhances the community.

Guess I got a little carried away. No offense meant to anybody around, of course.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
Delmure Wrote:You really can't get the Live WoW experience on Private servers, only all the phat epix and loot. Dungeons do not work correctly nor do most scripted events. Which means all the things that Blizzard actually put lore behind? You don't get to witness it. You don't get to see The Lich King reprise King Ymiron for his role in Utgarde Pinnacle, Battles do not work correctly.

Even if you aren't in it for the Lore PvE experience, it's nice to appreciate the effort Blizzard has put into this new expansion. Most new quests in Northrend have fun little aspects to them that will not work with Private Server, simply because of the complexity involved.

Of course, I'm sure none of you miss the community experience with the roleplaying aspect, but you really do get to meet some stellar people when you aren't focused on seeing WoW as full of the demented and the idiotic (Even though it is) and start to find friends in people while you enjoy a fundamentally sound People VS Environment aspect. Teamwork. In a non-shooter.

Conquest is perfect for those looking for a server that doesn't contain the idiots of Live. But that does not mean we have a perfect community. There will be bigots. There will be arguments and conflict. There will be assumptions and arrogance, and ego-stroking. It's how we attempt to take these things with humility (or not) that enhances the community.

Guess I got a little carried away. No offense meant to anybody around, of course.

I agree with this!
I don't think I've gone up a single level in retail other than for the purpose of wearing my RP clothes in it... I think I wasted a lot of money on that... 10-20 dollars at least... :oops:
PLEASE check the dates before posting. Reviving old threads is a bad thing. Let 'em die.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll : One Jaedyn....TO RULE THEM ALL Valicor 13 1,910 10-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Questions: Multiple accounts and Wiki edits ghaskan 10 2,291 11-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Multiple accounts and multiboxing questions ImagenAshyun 5 1,258 06-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  A place to live. Beala 19 3,483 04-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Beala
  Post Lich King Forsaken, NEEDS UPDATING! mangaboy111 12 1,783 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post: mangaboy111