The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Yet another introduction.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Hello! I'm Kristin. I'm going to be completely honest and let you guys know upfront that I haven't roleplayed in World of Warcraft before. Shock! Horror! I have done a lot of text-based roleplaying (over AIM or journal-based) and have always had an interest in roleplaying on World of Warcraft but was... let's be polite and say less than impressed with what I always found on the Blizzard servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I'm from the United States (New York, specifically) so my primary language is English. I can also speak French.

How did you get into Warcraft?: I've always liked the game, but when I found out I could play it on private servers without paying the monthly fee, my interest went through the roof. I'm a poor college student, what can I say.

What made you seek our server over others?: The roleplaying aspect, definitely. Like I said, I'd attempted looking for roleplay on the Blizzard servers and couldn't find anything that interested me, so I was very glad to find a server that made roleplaying its top priority.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I tend to prefer smaller groups or pairs roleplay, but I like both action-adventure type stuff and quieter tavern-type roleplaying. I just have trouble keeping track of a lot of people at once sometimes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: It's very hard for me to pick! As far as playing goes, I do better with Hunters or Paladins or Warriors - anything that doesn't involve much magic. For some reason I don't control magic-heavy characters that well. I have to admit that the Blood Elves have caught my attention, but I also like Humans, Gnomes, and Taurens. I know it's kind of a cop-out, but all of the races have really fascinating stories.

What are your expectations of this server?: I'd like to roleplay, please! Other than that, I don't really have any expectations.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I'm really fond of the "most of everything is IC" rule. It's excellent that the server is so roleplaying-intensive.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Leaning against the stone wall, feeling the warmth spread outward by the forge against her back, Abigail watched her father work. He toiled, tirelessly, pounding out every imperfection in the metal he was working with until it was smooth and shaped. She admired him greatly for his hard work - she always had. She wasn't sure if he was even aware of her presence there, until the great, tall but greying man grunted and cast the breastplate he was working on aside.

"Are you goin' to say goodbye?" he asked, his voice rough. "Or just stand there all day long?" Abigail smiled a small, thin smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you so eager to be rid of me?" she raised her eyebrows a bit; she saw the smirk that her father tried to hide, and he set down his hammer before he took her by the shoulders. Abigail hugged her father tightly, for all of the times she wouldn't get to once she left. After a long while, she pulled away again. Normally she was not one for such displays; she looked down at the dirt floor and tucked hair behind her ear.

"Go on, then," her father clapped her on the back - he was probably embarrassed as well, Abigail reasoned. She was fairly sure that she saw his cheeks going pink underneath his scratchy beard. "Go and do His works." He took up his hammer again, and Abigail nodded her head.

"I will, father," she assured him. "We will meet again, I'm sure."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: I just wanted to thank you guys for making such a great-looking server, and I hope to be playing with you guys soon! (If I'm accepted, that is.)
Welcome to the server! To be fair, the roleplay on Blizzard servers is far worse than unimpressive. And I'll have to agree with you, magical characters are hard to play well. It's something you can challenge yourself with once you already have a comfortable niche with other characters.