The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Zyga21
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well my total experience with role playing consists of role playing on a legit RP realm for a while, and RPing on several other games like Starbound, Garry's Mod, and HL2DM. Which honestly those last 2 are semi-serious RP but I still know how to and I'm confident in saying that I can RP with everyone here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, english

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My dad got me into it when I was like 10, I played it for a few years and haven't thought about it until my friend invited me to RP with her on this server.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My friend, the RP etc.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Semi-serious, and Serious. I just enjoy playing with other people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Goblins, Class doesnt matter but maybe... mage? Goblins are generally funny, and they are pretty easy to make a good story with.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To play with my friend and meet new people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard Skillz;
I can't tell you how many servers Ive ever played on where people cant either type at a decent pace or type well. It frustrates me so much when people are like "Hey u wanna go kil sum thing?" it breaks the RP in my opinion.
As a side note I like what you did to force people to read the rules. Classy and practical.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes... maybe? could I have some details on that?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT, those were the only words that Ayla could think of at that moment, she is a famous writer in Stormwind but tonight she had the worst case of writers block. Tonight didn't seem to be the best night for a story so great mostly due to the terrible hangover from the party last night celebrating absolutely nothing, as was with every tuesday with Grum and the gang.

Ayla thinking to herself said "I have no idea what to write. maybe I could get some 'Liquid inspiration' from the Slaughtered Lamb"

Ayla chuckled to her self as she got up from her chair. Stretching she noticed an odd smell coming from the back of her, it had the slightest hint of onions and carcass, Ayla recognized that smell almost instantly. She turned around coolly with her eyes closed and said "Grumm why are you stalking me again? Can't you just leave me alone for about 5 minutes?"

Fiddling with her hair she noticed that nothing was being said. She opened her eyes and saw Grumm with the most serious look on his face.

"You might want to bring your sword." Grumm said all while keeping the same look.

The look of confusion came across Aylas face "Why, what happened? Are you drunk?" Grumm didn't respond with anything but action, he left the room slowly.

"Godamnit Grumm! you can't just tell me to bring a weapon and not tell me whats going on!" The remark went unnoticed because Grumm just continued to walk down the fine Oak stairs that creaked with every step. With a little more pep in her step Ayla got together her things and grabbed her sword. Moving with haste she caught up to Grumm Who was already a good half a block down the road from her house. She started to ask more questions about what was going on. Grumm continued to answer none.

When they arrived to the destination words werent needed. instantly Ayla noticed the ruin. They were at the gates of stormwind and ayla could see the damage that the tower took.

Grumm finally stated "The world is going to hell, which means we've got to stop drinking and get back to adventuring. Not to sound like a hard working pirate, but I'll bet my whole fortune that I can find double of that with the pillaging we can do."

"Who are you kidding, you're a lazy pirate if I've ever seen one. but are you sure we should do this kind of thing at a time like this?" Ayla responded quickly.

"You havent even seen half of it. besides, with what I'm going to do, people will thank me for setting them free from this." Grumm forced a small smile.

"Your're crazy. But I can't lie that sounds like a fun time to me."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am not a writer I am more of an actor, please forgive the cheesy/bad story :{
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Zyga21 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, Zyga21, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Oh hey, pirates! Pirates are great! We need pirates.

You're right about Goblins. I've seen a lot of people say that Goblins are one of the more difficult of the WoW races to get into, because of the culture, but I think that they are indeed easy to make a story with. They're spread across the world (and beyond), and so they're easy to adventure with as a race. When all else fails, roll a Goblin, I say. Definitely not rambling because they're my favorite race.

Quote:Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes... maybe? could I have some details on that?

The mentor program is a program designed to help usher new players into the server by pairing them with veteran members who know a lot about it and can answer any of your questions about it, and help introduce you to the rest of the server and the RP that we have here. And if you need help improving your RP skills, that's what they're there for as well. More information on the mentor program can be found here.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

2 and a half years later....

Hey whats up, I never got around to joining and I didnt even check back. sorry.
(09-13-2016, 10:30 AM)Zyga21 Wrote: Last visit: 04-21-2014, 02:40 PM

2 and a half years later....

Hey whats up, I never got around to joining and I didnt even check back. sorry.

It's a shame you never popped in, but there are still ghosts floating around here willing to point you in the right way. Most of the old members here went on to Freedom. It's a nice place, has a very similar vibe to what CotH had and I'd say it does a few things better. Consider it a second opportunity!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]