The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

arcanewinds`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
OOC: As a role player I come mostly from tabletop games which I spent far more time as the GM of than the player. My frame of reference for role play in general comes from an amateur interest in the theater and in acting. I played WoW for a few months last year and enjoyed the PvE and cooperative elements of the game. As an MMO player I gravitate heavily to tanking roles because it made me feel the most like a hero, which was the role I was trying to play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from southern California in the United States of America but I would be playing from Sichuan, China. I am an English teacher in Chengdu, China at the moment.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have several friends who play on the normal servers and have done so for a good long time, they finally convinced me to give it a try. I did so and for a time I liked it though I was always disappointed with the lack of role play on the servers I tried, and then when I could find role players I was disappointed at how they played. The only role players I could find were the ones who insisted that their level 80 Shaman was actually the "real" Troll god of death... The sheer silliness of power the character supposedly had combined with fact that everyone I met wanted to have a dark character with a seething anger for everything turned me off of it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
In the above answer I explained why I'm not still on the main server but there are a lot of little things that made me look honestly at this server. To be completely honest, I almost skipped it on Google because I am more interested in some of the Alliance races and the name of this server references the Horde, which I have already played as.

The other servers on my google search didn't look impressive so I came back and started reading through things. The rules here about character creation, the need for an introduction so that you can "audition" role players, and the request that people know something about the lore all got me hooked. I'm interested in this server because even without logging on I know that it has a high quality player base.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Apart from being too talkative, I suspect this will be the first bad part of my "interview." I'm not really sure what you mean by "tavern role play" vs "crowds, pairs, action, fighting, or danger." I'm mostly aware of role play in story centered groups and I am aware that in a server setting that would be difficult, if not impossible, to organize.

I enjoy character development and goal oriented role play. Sitting around and talking in character can be very fun, but it is most fun when there is a motivation or reason behind the scene more than just happening to bump into another person. My statements are coming from having tried to RP on a public WoW server though, so having played the entire game in character so that every action is a character, not player, decisions might change things greatly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race is hard to get into, all of them are fun for completely different reasons. I can say that I personally do not like to play the forsaken and it is for a very silly reason, I find their city and themes depressing and don't wish to use the time I've alloted in my life for Entertainment in a way that I find to sour my mood.

From a mechanics and lore point of view I prefer the Protection spec'd paladin. I've loved the Arthurian legend for a long time and the sword and shield tank is my way of expressing that kind of valiant hero.

As far as races go, I played a Blood Elf before because they were the only group able to be Paladins. The gnomes are probably the most interesting race to me though because they seem to have evolved in such a way that they lost common sense in exchange for their great intelligence. Its the only explanation I have for why such an intelligent and creative race could have brought itself so close to destruction.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The layouts and forums suggest that I'll find a close knit group of players who enjoy a good story and a good game. Beyond that I don't know what I'll find. I'm connecting from an odd part of the world, so more likely than not I'll find that I am just about the only one around when I actually can play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that everything is in character, from the instances to the Auction House everything needs to be handled in character. The role play immersion that would create if everyone is following the rule sounds amazing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was the first night after he had joined this strange and somewhat dysfunctional group on their quest to disrupt some darkness brewing in the mountains. Gareth watched the red and orange embers breathing under the cold mist and pulled winter blanket tighter 'round his shoulders. It was his first night on this latest quest but it had been months since he had seen her, months since he had been told that a boy of his standing couldn't hope to marry one like the Lady Olivia.

"Your certain this Vorrigath is a danger to the King?" He asked Lyia again watching suspiciously as the innocent face grinned calmly back at him.

"Yes, Gareth, you just worry about your sword arm." She said sharpening her dagger, "You'll need it come morning."

Gareth snarled under his breath. He often wondered what the difference between an adventurer and a brigand was, between a hero and a thief. He needed to be the former, but the more he tried the more worried he became that he was destined to become the latter.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If for any reason you feel I am not right for the group than I am sorry to miss out on the opportunity to meet all of you and at the same time accept it. The last thing I would want would be to ruin another person's fun.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
OOC: As a role player I come mostly from tabletop games which I spent far more time as the GM of than the player. My frame of reference for role play in general comes from an amateur interest in the theater and in acting. I played WoW for a few months last year and enjoyed the PvE and cooperative elements of the game. As an MMO player I gravitate heavily to tanking roles because it made me feel the most like a hero, which was the role I was trying to play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from southern California in the United States of America but I would be playing from Sichuan, China. I am an English teacher in Chengdu, China at the moment.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have several friends who play on the normal servers and have done so for a good long time, they finally convinced me to give it a try. I did so and for a time I liked it though I was always disappointed with the lack of role play on the servers I tried, and then when I could find role players I was disappointed at how they played. The only role players I could find were the ones who insisted that their level 80 Shaman was actually the "real" Troll god of death... The sheer silliness of power the character supposedly had combined with fact that everyone I met wanted to have a dark character with a seething anger for everything turned me off of it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
In the above answer I explained why I'm not still on the main server but there are a lot of little things that made me look honestly at this server. To be completely honest, I almost skipped it on Google because I am more interested in some of the Alliance races and the name of this server references the Horde, which I have already played as.

The other servers on my google search didn't look impressive so I came back and started reading through things. The rules here about character creation, the need for an introduction so that you can "audition" role players, and the request that people know something about the lore all got me hooked. I'm interested in this server because even without logging on I know that it has a high quality player base.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Apart from being too talkative, I suspect this will be the first bad part of my "interview." I'm not really sure what you mean by "tavern role play" vs "crowds, pairs, action, fighting, or danger." I'm mostly aware of role play in story centered groups and I am aware that in a server setting that would be difficult, if not impossible, to organize.

I enjoy character development and goal oriented role play. Sitting around and talking in character can be very fun, but it is most fun when there is a motivation or reason behind the scene more than just happening to bump into another person. My statements are coming from having tried to RP on a public WoW server though, so having played the entire game in character so that every action is a character, not player, decisions might change things greatly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race is hard to get into, all of them are fun for completely different reasons. I can say that I personally do not like to play the forsaken and it is for a very silly reason, I find their city and themes depressing and don't wish to use the time I've alloted in my life for Entertainment in a way that I find to sour my mood.

From a mechanics and lore point of view I prefer the Protection spec'd paladin. I've loved the Arthurian legend for a long time and the sword and shield tank is my way of expressing that kind of valiant hero.

As far as races go, I played a Blood Elf before because they were the only group able to be Paladins. The gnomes are probably the most interesting race to me though because they seem to have evolved in such a way that they lost common sense in exchange for their great intelligence. Its the only explanation I have for why such an intelligent and creative race could have brought itself so close to destruction.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The layouts and forums suggest that I'll find a close knit group of players who enjoy a good story and a good game. Beyond that I don't know what I'll find. I'm connecting from an odd part of the world, so more likely than not I'll find that I am just about the only one around when I actually can play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that everything is in character, from the instances to the Auction House everything needs to be handled in character. The role play immersion that would create if everyone is following the rule sounds amazing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was the first night after he had joined this strange and somewhat dysfunctional group on their quest to disrupt some darkness brewing in the mountains. Gareth watched the red and orange embers breathing under the cold mist and pulled winter blanket tighter 'round his shoulders. It was his first night on this latest quest but it had been months since he had seen her, months since he had been told that a boy of his standing couldn't hope to marry one like the Lady Olivia.

"Your certain this Vorrigath is a danger to the King?" He asked Lyia again watching suspiciously as the innocent face grinned calmly back at him.

"Yes, Gareth, you just worry about your sword arm." She said sharpening her dagger, "You'll need it come morning."

Gareth snarled under his breath. He often wondered what the difference between an adventurer and a brigand was, between a hero and a thief. He needed to be the former, but the more he tried the more worried he became that he was destined to become the latter.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If for any reason you feel I am not right for the group than I am sorry to miss out on the opportunity to meet all of you and at the same time accept it. The last thing I would want would be to ruin another person's fun.
Welcome to the server!

Make sure to check out the many guides on the forums and Wiki to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible while you get to know the community, some of the most helpful guides are those on spelling and grammar which have really helped me improve, I'm sure you'll find them just as great. Do remember, for an instance, that i when refering to oneself is supposed to be capitalized, even when in the middle of a sentence!
Quote:I almost skipped it on Google because I am more interested in some of the Alliance races and the name of this server references the Horde, which I have already played as.

The RP quotas for each faction is usually filled, though some times rather tilted in favour of the Alliance. We don't discourage the creation of characters on either side so don't worry about having to play Horde. Though we do encourage that you do, hehe.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay; Happiness is mandatory, citizen.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Welcome to the server!

Make sure to check out the many guides on the forums and Wiki to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible while you get to know the community, some of the most helpful guides are those on spelling and grammar which have really helped me improve, I'm sure you'll find them just as great. Do remember, for an instance, that i when refering to oneself is supposed to be capitalized, even when in the middle of a sentence!
Quote:I almost skipped it on Google because I am more interested in some of the Alliance races and the name of this server references the Horde, which I have already played as.

The RP quotas for each faction is usually filled, though some times rather tilted in favour of the Alliance. We don't discourage the creation of characters on either side so don't worry about having to play Horde. Though we do encourage that you do, hehe.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay; Happiness is mandatory, citizen.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

As someone working as an English teacher right now, I can't begin to tell you how terribly embarrassed I am to have made that mistake on grammar. Thanks for catching it.
As someone working as an English teacher right now, I can't begin to tell you how terribly embarrassed I am to have made that mistake on grammar. Thanks for catching it.