The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

/chat Question
For me, discussing is a way to clear up topics in my head that I have been thinking on. I do this by gathering other people's opinion and reading the comments made.
Sadly, I haven't been able to do this in /chat anymore as people cut me of and send me to /barrenschat. From what I remember, Barrenschat was for your everyday lolz and roflmao-chat. And the chat channel was for regular chit-chat and in this case: Discussions (not arguments!).

Now I could be wrong, but just like other topics, I just want to clear this up for myself. Is it wrong of me to start discussions in /chat or are the people that cut me off being irrational?
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
For me, discussing is a way to clear up topics in my head that I have been thinking on. I do this by gathering other people's opinion and reading the comments made.
Sadly, I haven't been able to do this in /chat anymore as people cut me of and send me to /barrenschat. From what I remember, Barrenschat was for your everyday lolz and roflmao-chat. And the chat channel was for regular chit-chat and in this case: Discussions (not arguments!).

Now I could be wrong, but just like other topics, I just want to clear this up for myself. Is it wrong of me to start discussions in /chat or are the people that cut me off being irrational?
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
You're allowed to have discussions, but try keep them relatively brief and if EEVEERRYOOONEEE is talking in it, it'll get majorly spammy, so it'll have to be taken to Barrens.

But what discussion were you trying to bring up?
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
You're allowed to have discussions, but try keep them relatively brief and if EEVEERRYOOONEEE is talking in it, it'll get majorly spammy, so it'll have to be taken to Barrens.

But what discussion were you trying to bring up?
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I was trying to get a reason for Death Knights to hang around taverns. People started ranting and sending me to Barrens, I misplaced a comment, hell broke loose.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
I was trying to get a reason for Death Knights to hang around taverns. People started ranting and sending me to Barrens, I misplaced a comment, hell broke loose.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
*blinks*

If it's go on for a long time, then it's better in Barrens. Or better yet, on the forum so it doesn't get lost in a wave of LOLZ etc.

But yeah, people shouldn't be barking Barrens whenever you bring up a topic to discuss in chat. That's allowed.
*blinks*

If it's go on for a long time, then it's better in Barrens. Or better yet, on the forum so it doesn't get lost in a wave of LOLZ etc.

But yeah, people shouldn't be barking Barrens whenever you bring up a topic to discuss in chat. That's allowed.
Well, thanks for your time. :) *huggle*
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Well, thanks for your time. :) *huggle*
Proud Rotten Apples Fan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chat rule clarifications? Harmonic 39 5,939 04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Campfire Chat Piken 35 6,415 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Zunaj
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe
  Chat is -not- the new Barrens. Harmonic 47 8,193 09-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  WoW: Arthas - Christie Golden Q&A chat log. Nostra 1 777 04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Vrahn