The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

phen`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As for the very basics: I am a 32years old university's student from Berlin, Germany.
When I was a kid I greatly enjoyed playing pen and paper games, especially the likely less known MERS, but also "The Black Eye". At the start of 2007 I got into roleplaying the online way, by playing PlaneShift. For two years I was leading a roleplaying guild there, passionately making up storys and plots to subtly introduce new players into roleplaying, but also to provide the community with exciting events.
However, I became uncontent by PlaneShift's kind of lax handling of encouraging players to roleplay instead of mere powerleveling, and it came that one day I was recommended this server here as one to harbor a fine community fully focused on roleplaying..

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As I already mentioned above, I am from Germany, hence my primary language is German.
Probably though you already noticed two more things: As I am able to speak English, there is as well much room to improve it!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
World of Warcraft owns a reputation of accomodating 1337-speaking teens, the more I was surprised at first when I was told about this apparently very special server here. But since it was not only recommended once by a friend from my former guild, but furthermore by another appreciated roleplayer, my interest was aroused.

What made you seek our server over others?:
To be honest, your server was the only one I could find to strictly focus on roleplaying and that does enforce it - already having to fill out such a form here seems to confirm this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Spontaneous interactions I think are crucial for developing a character. This covers spending time in a tavern, roaming the streets of a settlement and meeting random people to chat.
By experience however I know that once in a while I need the challenge of puzzling out plans. Whether this would be targeting crowds or a specific person would be determined by the current circumstances. Fighting and action I certainly like occasionally, at some point it even would have to be included, but I think in general I would prefer a diplomatic, political and scheming approach.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, what can I say? When I play single-player roleplaying games my first choice always is an elf. To me elves are sharp, cunning and suspicious. This might add to what I said above. I think elves' nature quite fits a scheming distrustful way, rather avoiding face to face combat and instead trying to trick and cheat in a more sleeky and sly way.
When it comes to choosing a class I am in between a ranger-like hunter and a conjurer type of magician.

What are your expectations of this server?:
What I am looking forward to is to meet characters that are well thought out, having strengthes and weaknesses at the same time. At its best neither of them being obvious at once.
Ideally the players will be playing their characters consistently, and even in conflicting in-character situations, mannered, polite and kind out-of-character communication will be possible.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To me your list of rules reads like the general conditions a roleplaying server should have, and describes what I always pictured a roleplaying server should be like, making use of a mature common sense.
While definitely not a single point of the ones in your list can be neglected, I quite like the one "Humility". It makes your server appear to me not only covering the standards for roleplaying, such as say having to know the difference between in-character and out-of-character, but shows that you seriously try to establish a fine roleplaying community. To respect other people's roleplay, and if necessary to quit participation if it is not appealing to oneself, is a valuable attribute of advanced roleplayers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As I told above I was leading a guild, and I tried to invent small plotted events for promising recruits to prove themselves. A certain one not only mastered this play artfully, but became a good friend over the following months. Due to reallife events he had to take a break.
One day his elven character crossed my elven hunter's way, entirely by surprise, he seemed to be back. Devote and contained as his character was he wouldnt let me know his plans in-character, and even out-of-character he remained reluctant. Until that day that he managed to uttermost subtly drag me into his secret plot. Both elves our characters were he staged a scenario far off the public in the wilds at a remote small lake, full of nature magic, spirits and depth, to make the gift of a pair of knives..

"The hunter takes a deep long breath, gazing on the knives in his hands, mumbling "What.. is this .. feeling?". Reapbel slowly nods "In combination they will give you power and protection against forms of dark ways", and with a little smile he adds "..and the spirit, she also seemed to favour you..."
Absently, maybe overwhelmed, his eyes wander over to the still peaceful lake. "She... is she some.. legate of the Mother?", his voice tremors. His easeful friends peers to the lake the same way. A gentle gust of wind arises, whispering as his friend does. "I do not know... some say she is part of the Mother herself... and when the need is really urgent, when fate turns against me the worst, I may summon and call her for she will aid..""

This was one of the most remarkable moments I had. While once it was me to teach him at his very first days, that day it was him to make me feel like his scholar. He disappeared again after this event, and I never saw him again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Neither I have anything to clarify nor to add nor to ask - just I am looking forward to play on your server!
Welcome--to Conquest of the Horde!

Your English is fantastic, I must say! I myself am planning on going to germany in the early fall this year, perhaps you can teach me at least to apologize and say hello. Heheh.
I am Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on the server! If you have any more questions that are not already answered on the Wiki feel free to PM myself or another GM! We are here to help!

See you in-game!
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol