The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

pitchwhite's introduction. yaay
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I play anything and everything that can offer me a unique experience that influences or inspires me in some way. I'm a freelance artist/illustrator and creative writer (haven't published anything in the latter subject yet) and revel in creative media of any sort, including but not limited to video games. I've a bit of experience RPing playing on PW servers in Neverwinter Nights. Good times.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Like most nerdy intellectual properties, I found Warcraft through my eldest brother. Warcraft 3 was my first experience with the Warcraft franchise, and the third Blizzard game I played and really got into. I regard the early 2000's as Blizzard's golden age.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google! Woohoo!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The fun, immersive kind! Whatever respects the lore of the setting as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Paladin. I've always favored the holy knight archetype above the rest since Diablo 2. I always liked being able to take care of myself as well as helping out other players a la buffs, blessing, etc. I might main an orc huntress, though.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting immersion in the Warcraft setting in the way it deserves. I'm expecting and eagerly awaiting an emphasis on telling/being a part of stories as opposed to going about murdering things mindlessly. My good memories of playing retail WOW was about being part of the world, not endless grinding, raiding, and trying to keep up with my friends. I'm expecting/hoping (fingers crossed!) my RP experience won't degrade into a Mary-Sue escapist fest full of hair salon gossip and self-indulgent drama.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Can't pick one in particular; they all sound appealing to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"I might've gotten laid tonight."
That sort of thinking isn't really characteristic of Joan Day, the otherwise pleasant and appropriately prude twenty-something part-time tutor and, as of recent events, one of the newest and most reluctant volunteers of San Paro's City Security Act organization.
"Or I could've had a terrible time, gone home, and spent the rest of the night watching cat videos."

She reveled in her misery in the driver's seat of her mom's white Ford minivan, the same one she once drove to high school every day for her senior year, whilst gazing down the long, gentle slope of 12th avenue. The late afternoon was becoming blocked by the skyscrapers of San Paro's financial district, the light of the sky just began receding into the far horizon. Some fat sweaty dude who probably didn't speak any English sat on a bench in front of a convenience store and a few kids played in the shower of an open fire hydrant. Nothing was even happening. Her date was interrupted for this.

She had received the call on her way to pick up Dan, the friend of a friend who Jill thought was sorta cute, she guessed, and was supposed to see a movie with. To be honest, she did like Dan but she wasn't sure she was up for dating. Ever since getting out of the army two years ago, she felt lost in life and unwilling to really do anything. She was lacking a certain passion or purpose and didn't really know why. She ended up saying yes to the date. It made her friends happy. And Mom happy. And it granted her a few hours away from the annoying kid brother.

That was the plan until her old friend and partner, a certain Lieutenant Terrence Jackson gave her a call asking her to come in for her new line of work. Tutoring only made so much money, and the family's finances were tight since Dad had died years before, so it made sense to say yes to a "premiere" position (as Terrence called it) in the new Law enforcement agency passed by the City Security Act.

Crime in the city was at an unbelievable high. It seemed that while Joan was in the army, half of her hometown's population became sociopaths and every mafia of every easily-stereotypical ethnicity on the west coast stuck a finger in San Paro's drug underworld. The new, internationally controversial Security Act pretty much made vigilantism legal, with a few negligible caveats. Since then, the city had been absolutely nuts. All sorts of types flocked to the CSA enforcement department - ex-military, retired policemen, wannabe costumed heroes, angry soccer moms - everyone. The CSA paid well and did the city good, or so it said.

And so there sat Joan in her white minivan. The calling of vigilante justice interrupting her date night. Her heels, mascara and white turtleneck minidress clashing a bit with her shoulder-slung pistol holsters and tactical gloves, the tips of which she had cut off to allow her nails. A sniper rifle, a shotgun, a case of flares, some comm equipment and a desert eagle were all stuffed haphazardly in the back seats with a few a cooler full of spare ammunition. She felt ridiculous.

She left Dan a voicemail and he left one in return, but she didn't bother to listen to it. Hell, who knows, she might even die tonight in a firefight, there's no need to bother herself with personal stuff anymore. She just gripped the steering wheel and kept an ear out for a text from Terrence about any more information she may need tonight. She really had no idea what was going on, just that something was up in Financial and that she was to pick up a guy named Ron on the corner of 12th and Cedar. She hoped Ron was a cop and not a crazed vigilante. CSA members were all over the place in terms of character, profession, and mental stability. She hoped for the best and brooded on the misery of her station.

She turned the radio on and started singing along to some David Bowie. Golden Years. Her singing sucked, but whatever, she didn't care. She was a half-debutante, half-instrument of indiscriminate vigilante justice with a minivan full of firepower and fifty dollar lilac fragrances and tonight, tonight she just might die.

Something pulled her out of her stupor. The music was playing loud, and she was singing louder, but she swore she heard someone in the back of the van. Her first reflex was to pull the pistol out of her thigh holster, and she almost did before the horrifying truth donned on her. The sound she heard was a giggle. She saw the M24 shift under someone's weight.

"Spencer, I'm going to kill you!!!"
Joan's sixteen year-old brother raised his hands in weak protest. His smile was wide that you could see all of the elaborate metalwork of his braces.
"I'm sorry! Your singing was just so bad!"
She couldn't believe it. She was in deep trouble and he was in a lot of danger.
"How the HELL did you get here?! Why aren't you in school? Mom must be worried sick! Do you have any idea of how dangerous this is?"
"It's like 5 o'clock, school ended hours ago."
She scowled in disbelief. David Bowie's Golden Years continued in the background.

anyway i'm getting tired so i'll just summarize the rest. as the story goes, joan and her brother have more back and forth banter with the brother protesting and revealing his interest in her new job ('i wanna see a gunfight!'), then they get interrupted by the ron guy who appears to be a total badass and a simple and awkward knock on the driver's side window from him is enough to silence their fighting, then later there's some sort of firefight later with the badguys with an unprecedented level of importance, joan finds herself the reluctant and accidental hero of the day and becomes a city celebrity and poster child of the city security act, grabs in more money, does more vigilante jobs, meets more colorful vigilantes, makes a few friends, life gets more dangerous for her and her family, more colorful wacky stuff ensues, yadda yadda.

the setting is taken from a mmofps called apb: reloaded i played a lot in my later college years with friends. fun stuff.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Death.
I read the section on Character Death in the policies guide but I'm still a little confused. What constitutes an IC death and an OOC death? If a mob of wolves kill you (woops, too much aggro) what does this kind of death count as? And what's the best way to contact a GM? Thanks.
Hello, pitchwhite, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I enjoyed reading the story since it didn't have to do with a warcraft setting (it's good to have a break from that, sometimes!). All Points Bulletin looks interesting in its modernity.

As for RPing a paladin, we have a number of people on the server who roleplay paladins, so keep an eye out for them and when you see them, catch some RP with them if you can! They're good players. Also, funnily enough, many of the recent introductions have been from people who enjoy playing paladins, so you could always keep an eye out for them as well.

As for the death rule...

What counts as an OOC death is getting killed by a mob or accidentally falling off something. An IC death is a death that results from something that happened in RP.

As for how to contact a GM, if you have what you feel to be a general question about things on the server, make sure you've read all of the information we have in different threads and in some of those links I've given above. If you want to bring something up to the GM team as a whole, the private discussion forum can be used. Other than that, I'm sure they'll get back to you if you want to only ask one GM a question.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]
pitchwhite Wrote:~RP experience won't degrade into a Mary-Sue escapist fest full of hair salon gossip and self-indulgent drama.

This is so eloquently put, that I had to come and leave a compliment about it. I can proudly stand and shout that this isn't the case; if anything we're nearly intolerable of, it's Mary Sues. We are, on the other hand, extremely willing to help one find out why they're a Sue, and how to help them fix it.

Anyways. Just thought I'd drop in and leave a comment. Enjoy your stay!
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]