The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

z3pp's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been playing MMORPG's for several years now, primarily on retail WoW and Guild Wars 2. Nothing brings me more joy in a vast game with deep lore and many players than roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States, English being a primary language with two years of terrible German behind it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

When I was about 11 or 12, I decided to try out WoW. It didn't fully captivate me at first, but after switching over to an RP server, I was absolutely hooked.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

A lucky Google search brought CotH as the first link. Took a chance, and luckily found my way here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All sorts. Simple, random tavern RP with my character grabbing a bite and pint to expeditions and warfare.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is, without a doubt, the Forsaken. Decrepit, forgotten, somber. Zombies have always been a fascination of mine and the Forsaken have some seriously wicked lore backing them. As for my preferred class, it's a tie between rogues, death knights, and warriors. Rogues for their silent, sneaking prowess, DKs for their mixture of magic and might, warriors reach the ladder due to their pure adventure feel.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To be a fantastic host of roleplay, simple and beginning to story arcs and depth.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I really like how serious roleplay is taken. On the retail version, many non-RP actions on a roleplay server are left with no answer from the mods.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

No, but thank you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The night was without moon and chilled, only the dim lights far in the heavens having reached the outer walls of Gilneas. Nothing stirred in the forest save for the pitter-patter and clank-clink of a small Forsaken group. At the front, leading the other four, was Captain Dreadgrasp, luminescent blue eyes peaking out from under his mail hood whilst he scoured the dead woods. Behind Dreadgrasp in a square formation followed Private Creeves and Corporal Jules to his left, Private Hallow and a militiaman by the name of Gregor at his right. All but Gregor kept their weapons at their hips, the militiaman from Brill holding his dented sword firmly in his right hand while the left wielded a small dagger. "Captain, isss it ssafe for uss to be ssso clossse?" questioned the wary Gregor, rusted mail creaking as if he was a tree of old iron. A grunt left the twice-dead knight who halted in his tracks. "Had I known you'd be such a maggot about the land of these beasts, I'd had left you at the camp." "B-but sssir--" "Enough! Either you can silence yourself and show your mettle, or you can run." By this point, Dreadgrasp had turned fully, his long, tattered cloak having been blown by the wind to reveal the worn and beaten dreadplate that covered him. Gregor opened his mouth to speak again, but he was quickly stopped by a long howl. This was in turn followed by another, one that was much closer to the five Forsaken. "W-wasss that the wind, Captain?" Gregor asked shakily, head craning about to find the source. "Don't be so stupid, Gregor," spoke the captain, hand drawing the large runeblade from his back. "We should stay at the ready. Men, draw arms!" At his order, the other three Undead unsheathed their blades, which glimmered faintly in the starlight. The five moved into a pentagon-point position, each one facing out, ready for whatever beast or man-beast came close enough to earn a stab through its heart.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I wouldn't mind a critique of my story, if it's not too much of a bother.
Hello, z3pp, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I've recently come to enjoy Forsaken myself, and I'm glad to see somebody else who likes them as well.

As for the story, it's difficult to give criticism because it doesn't seem like a complete story, only a scene of a larger story. The characters seem to know each other well, suggesting they go back into the past, while there's plenty left to happen to the group in their approach on Gilneas. All I can say right now is that I'd be interested in reading the complete story behind Gregor and the others!

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Heeey, fellow Forsaken fan! :>
[Image: tumblr_mtv0we4kuu1siu7coo1_400_zpsf434a3ca.jpg]
@Geoni: Thank ya kindly! As for the story, that's kinda what I was going for. If I can get around to wrapping it up as a full story, you'll be the first to see it. :D

@a Harmless NPC: For the Dark Lady!