The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

2/27/13 - Cataclysm Updates
So, I thought it may be ideal for folks to get a status update for the darn Cata server.

As I mentioned in my other Cata thread, I decided that we would stick with 4.3.4. Reasons include those stated in @Grakor456's Ark vs Trinity thread. Furthermore, Ark has stopped supporting their 4.0.6a branch (or at least they no longer develop it). For more reading, feel free to also take a look at Grak's Concerning Cataclysm thread.

Recently, I managed to port over all the custom items as well as made .addrp versions of all weapons/armor (<= epic quality) in the new database (including things such as shirts and tabards). I also ported over custom NPC vendor tables (though they may be changed with the new items available). Something to point out is that custom items no longer have question marks in your inventory (unless their displayID doesn't actually exist), so organizing them will be much better. Furthermore, they actually act like normal items (for abilities/enchanting). I still need to test them with transmogrification, however.

It is important to note that Trinity 4.3.4 is still in an alpha state. This precedes a beta, which means there will be (and are) bugs; the developers intend it only for developmental purposes. The worgen transformation bugs were fixed, but some big ones involve the rubber-banding of other characters (movement), as well as occasionally not even seeing other characters (not a phasing issue, it just doesn't/can't update the display. There's an error that shows up on the console when this happens). One resolution is to phase out and back in, though I may see if I can find or create a workaround for players (something that may phase out a character really quickly or the like).

As folks have probably noticed by now, we're rolling out the custom patch to the rest of the world, instead of just designated patch areas. This effectively makes the custom patch required now! So, be sure to get it if you haven't already! I bring this up because I currently intend on leaving both servers running, at least for a while, when Cata is "officially released," whenever that may be. I realize there are people that are rather against switching to Cata, and I also think there will be a fair amount of folks that may not want to deal with the bugs that the Cata server will have. Therefore, I'll keep both servers up to present a choice for folks. I know that it could split the population a bit, but I think it also has the potential to attract (and retain) more folks as well.

Folks are free to log into the Cata server if they want to test it out, though GMs will not give out any items or port folks (so no DKs, worgen, or goblins). The unstucker in the Components has been updated to let folks choose between the WotLK server or Cata, so if you get stuck you can still use that.

If you need a full 4.3.4 client, use one of the following torrents:
PC - Here or Here (Archived version)
Mac - Here (Be sure to read this guide by Reigen involving the process)

After fully downloading the files, I'd suggest to make a copy of the folder so your "fresh" WoW folder isn't touched, and then use the copied folder for connecting (or simply extract the files if you're on PC). I highly recommend to get this batch file, put it in your WoW folder, and then run it. It simply renames the launcher to prevent accidentally running it, makes a patch-related file non-writable (to help prevent the game from automatically patching), as well as automatically alters the realmlist (for enUS and enGB clients - if you have another client, let me know which region so I can update the batch file for future users).
Also, I don't quite have an ETA for the Cata server yet. I'm still hesitant to push for it going 'live' with TrinityCata still being in an alpha state (that is, I'm somewhat taking my time in hopes that more and more bugs will be quashed).
I'd like to comment that neither the GMs nor myself have any control over when exactly we move to Cataclysm. The decision is, ultimately, Kretol's, and we can only offer our opinions (and believe me, we have.) We don't know when we're moving on, and that's not likely to change until Kretol gives us a date, at which point an announcement will be made immediately. In other words, asking us about news on the Cata front isn't going to yield any information beyond what we've already given.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
As another update, we did manage to get a custom patch working (for extra GObs - using the 4.0.6a patch for Skyfire). It will require a data file that you'll put in your Data folder (like the WotLK patch), as well as a patched Wow.exe (the patcher itself may be detected as a virus using heuristics, but the resulting patched Wow.exe is fine). Unfortunately, no patch method is available for Macs - this will mean that Mac users will not be able to participate in custom patch goodness. :(

For those PC folks interested, a patched exe can be downloaded here. Just rename your existing Wow.exe first (do not overwrite)!
For the other patch file, you can acquire it from here - this one you can just drop in your Data subfolder in your WoW 4.3.4 directory.
Keep up the good work Kret, and take your time! No rush!

... And don't nag him about Cata. It's harder than it seems!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(03-03-2013, 05:39 PM)Kretol Wrote: For those PC folks interested, a patched exe can be downloaded here. Just rename your existing Wow.exe first (do not overwrite)!

Doesn't 4.3.4 already require a skyfire-patched wow.exe to run to begin with? And if so, does that 'enable' this extra custom GOb MPQ file?

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
It actually does not required a patched executable to run, as I had originally thought I remembered. You'll only need to patch the exe if you want to partake in custom patch goodies. For those interested in the patching process, the patcher can be found here.
"Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection."

I get this error every time I try to log on my account. Clicking okay automatically terminated my .exe . What's wrong and what should I do?

EDIT: Now it's the same error, just after double clicking the icon to WoW-CotH.exe, not after inputting my account name and password.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1/2/13 - Cataclysm Code Stuff Kretol 12 3,136 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Harmonic