The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Noble Summit!
The Summit Council

[Image: depthevileyesfantasyfireflameshellredsou...7382_m.jpg]

Spoiler:
[Image: WoWScrnShot_110711_184545.jpg]

Mini Story:
Two elves stand facing each other not speaking for long moments. One spoke followed by the other, “What is this about?”…. “It is not safe out here, let us speak inside.”… The two elves headed inside to speak, “Lord Jidaeo I believe our conflict is blinding us to the real threat against our people. There are those in Azeroth who seek to ruin both our great ancient houses.” Jidaeo placed his hand deep into his sleeves where they rested as he listened. A dim candle lit the room where they stood while a fel fire brazier roared in the distance. Elrohir motioned for Flaatom to fetch him a drink. Jidaeo glanced about prepared to defend himself if need be. Elrohir spoke, “What I am proposing Lord Jidaeo is a cease fire on accounts of both parties, many lives have been lost on both sides. The real threat is not from each other but from a foe that has yet to reveal itself. I know there are forces that strike at both of our great Houses from the dark shadows…. And while we’ve both walked in many dark places I can’t help but feel a coming storm.” Jidaeo nodded, “Agreed. Something is not right.” Elrohir reached out grasping a wine glass filled with a dark green liquid from the large creature Flaatom. Jidaeo slowly removed his hood, “Before we continue Lord Elrohir how do I know I can trust you.” El let a wicked smile seep across his face, “You can’t, at least no more so than I can trust you. What will determine our trust will be action.” Jidaeo exhaled an icy breath, “Fair enough.” El sipped again slowly, “If we are to retain a firm grip in Azeroth for our people then our Houses must join forces for the time being. Whoever is behind this dark plot that looms over us now has to have access to great wealth and power. We must call a summit of the Noble Houses. There must be a unified front against these forces.” Jidaeo stared into the dancing flame that sat atop the melted candle frame, “I agree completely. Wherever these dark forces are coming from they must have allies and even though our two Houses are among the greats we too need allies. But for those who would commit to this summit would have to know they are putting themselves in harm’s way.” Elrohir inclined his head in agreement. Flaatom brought him another glass. Wind howled outside as it began to rain heavily. El’s eyes darkened, “There are dark days ahead Lord Jidaeo… these new powers must not be allowed to grow.” Jidaeo’s blue eyes flared letting El know that they had reached a common ground, “Death to all who oppose us.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jrFcobLQM[/youtube]

“Now is the time brothers and sisters to band together as one force. Darkness approaches and we must be prepared. We are the ones with wealth and power. We are the ones who if we decide can raise a force that would rival any army. We are the lords of our lands, the kings of our estates. Lord’s in birth right, shields that would face any foe for our family. Something dark is creeping back into the world; we have grown relaxed in the time since The Lich King’s fall and allowed this to happen! The time has come…. I will not stand by and watch as my people are brought to ruin once more! Together we will purge this pathetic threat from our lands and make our peoples strong once more! Let our iron wills and great minds combine to crush our enemies! They will taste fire! They will taste steel! We must awaken if we are to survive!…. STAND NOW NOBLES OF AZEROTH, WITH AN IRON FIST LET US FIGHT!” ~Elrohir Seregon~

Information:

It is simple; all of the Noble Houses in Azeroth would receive a formal invitation to a High Summit meeting on neutral land in Azshara Crater. The council has been called to discuss world politics and happenings involving the unrest of animals, violent bands of thieves, agitated dangerous creatures showing up in places they should not, ect. (Basically the world is growing more violent and dark arts are running wild more so than normal)

OOC Information:
The EVENT TIME will be Thursday November 10th at 3:00 p.m. SERVER TIME.
[Image: 15.jpg]
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Is this for noble-folk only, or do derp freckle engie-priests show up too? Totally cool if not, just making sure about details.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

[Image: DragonKing.jpg]

Up north the frigid wind threaded through the clouds and the stars. An elf with white hair sat upon a ceremonial throne, older than himself signifying him as one of the kings of the twelve courts. He sat quietly, his eyes closed with thin layers of dead skin snuffing out the runic blue light. There was much to think about, he had just made an alliance with a family he was at war with. He made the deal illegally. Jidaeo Novalight was declared dead to the world two years ago, he had no public standing with the family. A figure in a cloak of snow came to the throne and bowed. "My King...I have news for you....News regarding your family, sire." One of the courts, Jidaeo wasn't a monarch in the sense of a bloodline but one of a secret society, that lived among society, the aristocrats, politicians, to shop owners and tradesmen. "Continue." He stated, he worried about his son, his friend Reigen Dawnsend and the rest of the Novalight Shin'ari. Would they agree to this union, for all the death that has been caused?

"Agorine Sylia Novalight is dead." The cloaked figure bows. "...The family is in turmoil, Their Nova is gone." She was an Sin'dorei, her thalassian was softly released from her lips, the words touching him as gently as the slow falling snow; and just as cold. He opened his eyes. "What?" Agorine had never liked Jidaeo but her prowess as a fighter, and leader were obvious. "...Who killed her?" Jidaeo asked.

"We don't know..."

Spoiler:
[Image: SanguisAgorine.jpg]

"Horrible timing for this Summit. Who will represent us?" The cloaked figure stands slowly, the white fabric flowing off the contours of her body. "Sire?" she responds to his audible rhetorical question. He raises his chin. "I will go have a word with the House of Blackstone. I need you to contact my daughter and tell her discretely, that I need to see her at once. We may be in a weakened state, but we will -not- falter."

( I.E. 8:00pm server time is 11:00pm for me and I'll be sleep since I have to wake up around 3 or 4 am. The House of Novalight will be represented, just not by me. Works with current storyline anyway. )
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Ting.

An elf lass blinked her eyes as she cast her gaze to the recently made noise. It hailed from a tiny little mailportal's attached device, alerting the Grand Magistrix to a waiting message. As she rose from her rather comfortable chair in little more than a nightgown, she strolled across the messy floor of her office towards the wee hole in reality. She wasn't exactly the most appealing elvish woman right now. With it being the early morning she hadn't undergone her personal grooming just yet.

Ting.

With a wave of her hand she cast an arcane spell, summoning the letter from the pocket dimension they seemed to reside in. Swiftly did she snatch it out of the air, tearing it open in just as short an amount of time. And with that she drew from it a parchment previously concealed within, bringing it to her eyes. They ran the course of the paper as she took in the message it contained.

Her eyes widened momentarily as she caught exactly who had sent this letter.

Seregon?

Seregon!?

They narrowed in anger shortly after. Oh yes, House Seregon. The ones who were likely behind the assault on the party run by House Novalight not too long ago. She remembered the arrow she managed to catch with her thigh keenly.

Her voice rang throughout her manor as she called out. "Honey!?"

She heard a relatively quiet grumble in response from some other section of the household. Good.

"We've received an invitation..."

Her voice carried on, describing the situation as she began striding towards where she figured her husband would be.

Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I HAVE CHANGED THE TIME SO MORE MAY ATTEND! IT WILL BE AT 3:00 P.M. SERVER TIME!!!!
Reminder.
I would like to thank all who attended and the GMs for helping make it happen. However... I would also like to address that I am displeased with the lack of respect shown to Tom. It was his first time DMing an event of that size and I feel people behaved rather childlike, shame on you. We should not criticize someone when they are trying something they are new at. Thank you Tom for a wonderful event and I gladly offer my help in the future as do many others. Thanks again everyone for coming :)
(11-10-2011, 07:18 PM)Grogloki Wrote: I would like to thank all who attended and the GMs for helping make it happen. However... I would also like to address that I am displeased with the lack of respect shown to Tom. It was his first time DMing an event of that size and I feel people behaved rather childlike, shame on you. We should not criticize someone when they are trying something they are new at. Thank you Tom for a wonderful event and I gladly offer my help in the future as do many others. Thanks again everyone for coming :)

I would agree.

There is a line between fun genre savvy In Character, and well...not shutting up, and looking self-important.

There is a line between a snarky comment or two about the obvious warlock outfit, and "Pfnar, pfnar not listening are we done yet? This is s obviously like Story X" through the whole event. It is understood the meshing of two events didn't phase so well, the proof wasn't that good. No one needed to be reminded of it over and over. Yes, it is understood that those actions were in character. But, it happened so much that it seemed like there was some IC bias. What's wrong with playing along with drama sometimes?

It is also a shame that so many left before the show began, especially with the work Aphetoros and other GMs put into this. The corruption of Light and its ideals was a grand idea, nicely used, and shamefully unseen.

Please, fellow players. We understand things can get silly, perhaps a tad overdone. But, go along with it for fun, now and then yeah?

...Please?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Agreed. Just common respect for another persons event. Bottom line if you are just gonna show up and be rude then believe me there are other RPers who would much rather RP in peace and not have to listen to you complain.
(11-10-2011, 07:28 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: It is also a shame that so many left before the show began, especially with the work Aphetoros and other GMs put into this. The corruption of Light and its ideals was a grand idea, nicely used, and shamefully unseen.

I'd like to comment on that.

Argus Wake beat a hasty retreat when combat started and I just wanted to clarify -why-.

None of us, when we learned that there would be combat, had the heart to do it. We were either busy (Skyrim), tired or getting parent's down our necks. As such we wanted to just leave without making a fuss. I messaged Aphetoros as such and stepped away with my cadre.

This was by no way an insult intended towards him or any other.

I rather enjoyed the banquet myself, and had fun with Marianna's role as a vocal skeptic.

Let the Old Gods come!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I apologize as well for missing the event, I had to contend with a hungry, hungry roommate. :) I, also, say let the Old Gods come and that I look forward to future bits of this story!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
I am happy to say that, for the amount of the event I was able to attend (I and my group left early because our representative ICly felt that- Well. Let's just say he decided to leave, and his group left with him), it was a fun event. Many nobles squabbling over unimportant matters, scoffing in the general direction of the -real- problems... It was the real nobility experience. How would I know this? Well, to be honest, nobility tends to act like spoiled brats most of the time. Spoiled brats with plans for power.

...And that was the high school cafeteria.

It was brilliant! Though I wasn't in the raid group for reason of me being stupid at first, and the leader of the raid likely not noticing just -one- person missing from the list (I don't blame you, whoever it was!), I heard that Elrohir was giving a speech, and shortly after the Silverfang group left (Which I was part of), combat broke out. Can someone tell me the outcome, or a summary of that?

But yes. In summary... Wicked awesome event. I was laughing IRL the whole time at just how -accurate- it likely was. Congratulations to you all, you did a fantabulous, swelltastic (YES I USED IT, BRISALIS, IT'S A WONDERFUL WORD), job!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Noble Feast! (Alliance Only) Cassius 9 2,445 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Glasscake